pasted images appear as place holders in Outlook 2003 (since updating form IE6 to IE7)

Hi,

Since we migrated our environment from IE6 to IE7, many users have
complained about not being able to see the images they copy/paste
between Outlook messages.

Our environment: Win XP SP2 + Office 2003 SP2/SP3

Steps for reproducing the problem:
-in Outlook 2003, double-clic a message containing an embedded image,
right-click the image and select COPY
-close the message,create a new message and paste in the body of the
message: a place holder with a red cross is pasted instead of the image

Problem does not appear if any of these conditions is met:
-rollback to IE6 (we won't do this)
-upgrade to Office 2007 (we can't do this)
-the original window (containing the embedded image) stays open when
pasting (few users do that)
-the read pane is open (many users dislike the reading pane and
deactivate it)
-Word is the default email editor (it is not the case in our company)

The last three points are workarounds, not solutions. We have 2000+
users, I am looking for a definitive fix.

Any idea?

Lo

0
Lo1 (8)

I have this same exact issue. It occurs after upgrading from IE6 to IE7 on
Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 SP2 and even SP3.

With IE6 installed, I open an email which has text and images, I select part
or all of the message (including a few embedded images), and then can copy
all of that into a new email, word, wordpad, mspaint, etc.

Once IE7 is installed, this functionality ceases. The text copies fine
however the images appear not to even make it to the clipboard to be pasted
into word, mspaint, etc.

If I remove IE7 (basically going back to IE6) copying and pasting works
again as usual.

Googling the answer found a few other people having this same issue within
the last 30 days.

Anyone have an thoughts?

"Lo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we migrated our environment from IE6 to IE7, many users have
> complained about not being able to see the images they copy/paste
> between Outlook messages.
>
> Our environment: Win XP SP2 + Office 2003 SP2/SP3
>
> Steps for reproducing the problem:
> -in Outlook 2003, double-clic a message containing an embedded image,
> right-click the image and select COPY
> -close the message,create a new message and paste in the body of the
> message: a place holder with a red cross is pasted instead of the image
>
> Problem does not appear if any of these conditions is met:
> -rollback to IE6 (we won't do this)
> -upgrade to Office 2007 (we can't do this)
> -the original window (containing the embedded image) stays open when
> pasting (few users do that)
> -the read pane is open (many users dislike the reading pane and
> deactivate it)
> -Word is the default email editor (it is not the case in our company)
>
> The last three points are workarounds, not solutions. We have 2000+
> users, I am looking for a definitive fix.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Lo

0
Chris6982 (632)
4/15/2008 12:15:03 PM
I have the same problem (and I am already on IE7), was working fine for a
year, now it just stopped working (same issue if I use snipper).

"Lo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we migrated our environment from IE6 to IE7, many users have
> complained about not being able to see the images they copy/paste
> between Outlook messages.
>
> Our environment: Win XP SP2 + Office 2003 SP2/SP3
>
> Steps for reproducing the problem:
> -in Outlook 2003, double-clic a message containing an embedded image,
> right-click the image and select COPY
> -close the message,create a new message and paste in the body of the
> message: a place holder with a red cross is pasted instead of the image
>
> Problem does not appear if any of these conditions is met:
> -rollback to IE6 (we won't do this)
> -upgrade to Office 2007 (we can't do this)
> -the original window (containing the embedded image) stays open when
> pasting (few users do that)
> -the read pane is open (many users dislike the reading pane and
> deactivate it)
> -Word is the default email editor (it is not the case in our company)
>
> The last three points are workarounds, not solutions. We have 2000+
> users, I am looking for a definitive fix.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Lo

0
Sci1234 (1)

"Folder does not contain contacts" in Microsoft Outlook
Hi, I am trying to get a code for exporting data from an custom outlook form to Excel. I had tried several routines but they don�t functions. In the last routine below, i keep getting the message "Folder does not contain contacts", but I have more than 300 contacts in the folder \Inbox\Tickets. So what am i doing wrong? Heres the code Sub SaveContactsToExcel() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim appExcel As Excel.Application Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook Dim wks As Excel.Worksheet Dim rng As Excel.Range Dim strSheet As String Dim strTem...

PDA-Outlook 2003

updating value's with 2 workbooks?
What I'm trying to do is have a cumulitive number from 1 unsave worksheet to a saved worksheet. Basically, I'll open up 2 worksheet when I start, (FILE A), and (FILE B)IE: (FILE A) has Cell a1 which i 5, 5 needs to be transfered over to (FILE B) cell a1. (FILE B) will b saved when im done and (FILE A) will be printed and closed. (FILE B Needs to sum the totals and keep a record of previous totals. example - day 1 FILE A, cell a1 = 5 FILE B, cell a1 = 5 _FILE_B,_cell_a2_=_5_ day 2 FILE A, cell a1 = 7 FILE B, cell a1 = 7 add 5+7 = 13 _FILE_B,_cell_a2_=_13_ day 3 FILE A, cell a1 = 4 F...

Update in progress #2
Hello, I recently set up Money 2005 and online access to several accounts. Online updates worked fine the first few days, but now when I try to update I get the "update in progress" error. I've tried to disable/enable online access, but I can no longer set up any online services. When I try to do so, I get an error message saying: "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." I am signing in with my passport when I start money and am not checking t...

How do I reverse a graphic image?
I want to have two mirror images of the same graphic. How do I do that? Just dragging the little green arrow around doesn't completely reverse the image. "ms" <ms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8841E84-C854-453E-AA15-7A845220A2E7@microsoft.com... >I want to have two mirror images of the same graphic. How do I do that? > Just dragging the little green arrow around doesn't completely reverse the > image. Publisher 2003. Insert both images. Select one, choose Rotate or Flip... from the Arrange drop down menu. How do I see the "...

Outlook 2002 hangs #3
OS - Windows 2000 Outlook 2002 randomly hangs when creating mail, replying to messages, sending messages or changing folders. I am using the Exchange client with an Exchange 2000 server. I have tried repairing office, reinstalling office, office is fully patched and so is the OS. I have changed the message format to rich text. I have also scanned the system for viruses and found none. Please help, Thanks Duane ...

Outlook Password #5
PS, I'm running WIN200Pro ...

Outlook 2007 Signatures greyed out
Hello I have about 7 signatures set up in Outllook 2007. They worked fine until yesterday. Now the signature button is gone and they are greyed out in the setup. I made 2 changes to my PC: * installed a PDF writer * updated ITunes Could either of these have had an effect? What can I do to get them back? -- Thanks very much. KDJ "KDJ" <KDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1690D5D2-3A92-4312-A8C6-7781821BAB89@microsoft.com... > I have about 7 signatures set up in Outllook 2007. They worked fine until > yesterday. Now the signature b...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Deleted APAY still appears every month.
I deleted an APAY yet it keeps occuring every month. My bank says I have no automatic payment set. How do i see it to stop it before next month? ...

smime crashes outlook
I've noticed that everytime i receive an smime email, outlook crashes. is this a known issue? what's the solution? ...

Mail merge duplications in Outlook
I am attempting an e-mail merge for a letter written in Word with my Excel list as I had done in previous versions of Word. When I do this, multiple copies of the the e-mail are sent to the e-mail recipients and the <<name>> field transposes different names from other records. The sent items appears correctly in the Outlook sent folder? My Outlook is setup to send/receive through a Pop3 Account. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or does anybody know of a fix? Thanks in adavance for your help! Eric ...

Word 2003 & Word 2007
I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar feature in Word 2003? thanks, -- In Word 2003 there is AutoText; Quick Parts / Building Blocks are an extension of the AutoText feature in Word 2007. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "TarynB" <TarynB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E34F2982-1DE3-4838-923B-6DAFA503CB66@microsoft.com... >I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar > feature in Word 2003? > > thanks, > -- > ...

Getting text to appear in another sheet
I'm working with two worksheets: Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 (I'll call the this for simplicity). I want to get the data (text) in Sheet 1 int Sheet 2. I know how to do this using =Sheet1!C1 (etc.) However, not all the "C" cells in Sheet 1 have text. I only want tex to appear in Sheet 2 (cell "A") when there is actually text in the "C cell of Sheet 1. Is there anyway of doing this without getting th default "0" that it puts in when there is no text. As I read this it sounds like a tounge twister, but hopefully someon can help as my Excel skills only go so...

Archiving Outlook
Have recently encountered a problem archiving my OUTLOOK e- mails. I normally archive all files older than two weeks in both my in box and sent box. When I do this I always mark the box "include items with 'Do Not AutoArchive' checked"." I do this even though none of my files are marked do not archive. I always use the "Archive items older than:" and use a specific date normally about 10 days earlier. I noticed that the files in my in box are being archived but not all the files in my sent box. I have some that well over a month old and well past ...

using / register outlook view control
Hi All, I am trying to use the View Control on a form in Access 2003 (pro) /2007 (Academic) and, when attempting to set properties, get the message "Operation Failed .. The OLE server may not be registered. To register - re-install it.". I managed to get it working (partially) in 2003 (by setting the folder at form load), but not in 2007. What can I do to fix this? thanks in advance ...

Using Outlook 2003 Lotus Connector
I use Outlook XP and have it configured to use the Lotus Server connector and it works great. Recently I tried to config Outlook 2003 to use the Lotus Connector that is built into Outlook2003 and it fails everytime. Outlook loads but then closes and says the connector failed. Anyone have any ideas? That connector that looks built in is leftover cruft from your Outlook 2002 isntall. Ignore that. You need to wait for the Outlook 2003 connector, which is supposedly in beta now. Until then, IMAP/LDAP is your buddy -- sans calendar, of course. Cheers. Sander wrote: > I use Outlook XP ...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Updating drivers
When I go to device manager I tried to do a driver update and all the devices say they are currently up to date when I search online. I only did this when I tried to different programs that I saw online to see if you have outdated drives. 2 different driver scans shows 20 out of 38 drivers are out of date and told me what they were. One was my Toshiba disk drive mk3252gsx , which the driver shows last driver install was 6/21/06. So I go to Intel and download the Intel Driver Update Utility. They tell me to go to Toshiba's website and they say go to Intel? Please help. Do I buy...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...

Outlook 2000 Sluggish
Outlook 2000 is slow starting on my Windows 2000 machine. All updates and service packs have been applied. The computer is totally free from adware and viruses. EZ-Trust is the antivirus program. There are no add-ins installed in Outlook. The PST file is much less than 2GB. The PST file has been compacted. When Outlook starts, it promptly determines that there is mail to be downloaded, but it takes as long as a minute to download the first message. After the messages download, it works just fine. The only other problem I can think of is that Outlook will not shut down on its own. I ha...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

outlook.exe.mdmp, appcompat.txt...any ideas?
Every so often, Outlook sends me errors for the following files: Oulook.exe.mdp and appcompat.txt I have no idea what these are, any ideas? ...

Outlook 2010 olmapi32.dll
If i try to open or forward mails, that contains a file, Outlook told me, that olmapi32.dll is incompatible with outlook. Im running a 64bit Windows 7 and Office 2010. What can i do? There is little to go by for the information provided. My guess is that it is a compatibility issue since 32-bit add-in do not work with a 64-bit version of Outlook. Do you perhaps have a virus scanner installed which has an integrated mail scanner? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add...