Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists

Hi everyone!

I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two
subcontact lists.  One is personal, and the other is personal business.
 How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists?

Thanks for any help!

0
Nick2112 (3)

Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts.
I'll post this there.

Thanks!

Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two
> subcontact lists.  One is personal, and the other is personal business.
>  How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists?
>
> Thanks for any help!

0
Nick2112 (3)
10/18/2006 1:23:23 AM
No need to post to the Contacts group - short answer is that you cannot
password protect folders, just  the main .pst file.  You can always mark all
the contacts in the sub-folders as private which would hide details from
prying eyes, or create a new .pst file and p/w protect that one.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Nick2112@sympatico.ca asked:

| Hi everyone!
|
| I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two
| subcontact lists.  One is personal, and the other is personal
| business. How can I password protect the personal and personal
| business lists?
|
| Thanks for any help!

0
MillyS (3228)
10/18/2006 4:29:34 AM
Thanks Milly!  I think I'll give the latter a try.

Cheers!

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook wrote:
> No need to post to the Contacts group - short answer is that you cannot
> password protect folders, just  the main .pst file.  You can always mark all
> the contacts in the sub-folders as private which would hide details from
> prying eyes, or create a new .pst file and p/w protect that one.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Nick2112@sympatico.ca asked:
>
> | Hi everyone!
> |
> | I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two
> | subcontact lists.  One is personal, and the other is personal
> | business. How can I password protect the personal and personal
> | business lists?
> |
> | Thanks for any help!

0
Nick2112 (3)

VLOOKUP and Multi Lists
Subject: VLOOKUP and Multi Lists need help with this dropdown multi list with vlookup. B1 is the dropdown list (on sheet named Data) that holds 4 lists (ad, el, mr, sz) this are lists that hold the codes for group names (TB =The Beatles BD= Bob Dylan..so on) each list has different number of rows. I have Colum A on the Main sheet linked to the Above drop down, so that if AD is selected in B1 then in A5 the dropdown list is AD and if B1 is MR then A5 drop down is changed to MR. this part works good. Now the problem, I want colum C to show the Group name depending on what colum A has ...

protecting sheet with combox
i'm trying to protect a sheet with a combo box in it. the combox list a bunch of values. each value you pick is linked to a formula which changes a price value in a different cell. i would like to protect the sheet so that the money value that appears in the cell can't be changed by the user. whenever i try to protect the sheet i then can't change the values in the comb box . i want to be able change the values in the combo box but have the formulas and automated cells protected. any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www....

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Importing Contacts from Excel
Morning All, I have a list of email addresses in excel in a column headed Email, I have made that into a named list. When I import these into MS Outlook, they come across, but the display as: has the email address in brackets EG (bobsbananas@hotmail.com) Then when I try and create a new msg from one of these addresses I get the error msg. You must first enter a valid email address for outlook to send your email. If I remove the brackets from the display as part the email address works. What do I have to import these emails from Excel?? Cheers, Scott V Try creating a few new con...

Comparing two data ranges for differences.
Is there any easy way to take two ranges of data and compare their contents for differences. In particular im working with a rather large list of domains and attempting to compare two columns to determine what websites are different between the two. I've tried conditional formating, wont let you use a range as the target and tried searching for a formula to use without any luck. Any suggestions would be useful or even if someone could point me in the right direction. ...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

keeping two computers current with same data
How can I keep my desk top and lap top current with data, what is the best way to transfer this back and forth Try Windows Live FolderShare. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Larry Riley" <Larry Riley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E024F0CC-30FF-491C-A6AA-335CD01460B4@microsoft.com... > How can I keep my desk top and lap top current with data, what is the best > way to tra...

SQLView joining two fields
Hi I'm using the following expression to join two text fields where one of them should be null: table1.name1 & ' ' & isnull(table1.name2,'') as name But it reports this error: Data types nvarchar and nvarchar ar incompatible with the boolean AND operator. Thanks LAM "LuisM" <luisantony&@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23fVNwOoILHA.4248@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > I'm using the following expression to join two text fields where one of > them should be null: table1.name1 & ' ' & isnull(ta...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Deleted Contacts
Hi, I deleted all my contacts, but forgot to back them up first. I still have all email etc. Is there a way I can use Sent Items to recover the addresses and names? Thanks, LJ there are small utilities online that will find email addresses in various kinds of files; i've had to use them before. you can export your stuff to a CSV or something and then find some app that will pull out just the email addresses, or maybe one that will do more. if all else fails, anyway. ljboyd13@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I deleted all my contacts, but forgot to back them up first. I > still have all ...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

sub-catagories
I have recently migrated from ACT! to Outlook (2007). I am an avid user of categories for my appointments and contacts. However, when I view my calendar, I see my appointments as the color of the first listed category. I'd like to see it as a primary category (such as birthday) then as a secondary category color block as it is now (i.e. coworker, family member, client, et al). Is there a way to do this in Outlook? Is there an add-on? Any suggestions? outlook uses the last category assigned as the main color category - so apply the primary category last. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Adding a blank row, or "All" to top of Combobox list
Hello! I am working in 2007, I found some code in Help that showed me how to add an All, or None, to the top row of a combo or list box. The code was called, AddAllToList and you set your row source type property to the code. I am a proffecient programmer, but have never done this type of thing. Well, it works GREAT!! But, my users are able to navigate off the form, add a new record or update the records, and return to the form. I need to code to rebuild the combobox and it is not. It appears it does not rebuild on the Requery method. I have pasted the code below It se...

How to Save or Export Junk Mail Sender list
Hi I am using OUTLOOK 2002 - SP3 under XP -SP1. I have set up Junk Mail sender filter and over a period of time, I have identified and compiled a big list of Junk Mail Senders. Now I want to export this Junk mail sender list to Text or CSV file. Can any one suggest how to do it. Even if it is a round about way, I do not mind trying it. I am mainly interested in the Junk Mail sender list, not the general PST backup / Export / Import. My advance thanks for any suggestion that I could get. Thanks Durai Ashok See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for the file locations. ...

list printers shared and if they have 64-bit drivers
Hi there. We've started rolling out Windows 7 x64 and we need to update all our servers to provide x64-drivers as well. Is there a way to list all printers shared from a server and if they have a 32bit and x64 driver shared ? -- -- HAL07, Engineering Services, Norway HAL07 wrote: > Hi there. We've started rolling out Windows 7 x64 and we need to update > all our servers to provide x64-drivers as well. Is there a way to list > all printers shared from a server and if they have a 32bit and x64 > driver shared ? FYI these servers are windows 2003 R2 32-bit so ...

Distribution List Replication
Exchange 2000/5.5 servers. I am in NY. When users in the london site pull up the GAL there are missing users within our DISTRIBUTION LIST. I do see the users outside of the list (GAL). Where can I check distribution list replication status? Thx in adv. -NET Netcrammer: Are the users on London that are having this issue on Exchange 5.5 or on Exchange 2000? Tim -- Timothy McMichael timmcmic@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NETCRAMMER" <itg_beta@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:R45vb.390681$be.5...

Excel opens two worksheets instead of one
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. When I open an existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a second blank worksheet along with it. Word does this also. Is there a way to fix this? -- Thank you ...

windows mail blocked senders list
How can I pull up the list of blocked senders on my computer Tools | Junk E-mail Options | Blocked Senders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "RB" <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A09D474-BD3D-4F4C-9881-533C812DE361@microsoft.com... > How can I pull up the list of blocked senders on my computer ...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

format combo box list
I have a combo box list in a form, I was wondering is there a way to change the color of some of the records listed in the box. Like I want to flag certain records as closed and change the color to red and leave the rest of the list in black font. Thanks Kim Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all ...

Passwords #3
Using outlook2002. For some reason, it will not store the password. I have checked the box that says "remember password", but, each time I try to log in. It will ask me for it. Any ideas. I am thinking about recreating the profile for thismailbox. I am a consultant, and my customer doesn't know how (or won't write down what I tell them) to do this. Thanks ...

Protection from copying
I have a workbook with hidden cells that I would like to protect (leaving certain cells visible for input). However, even with password protection on the entire workbook, a user can copy all of the cells into another workbook and view/edit/change all of the cells in my workbook. Is there a way around this? thanks Z, If it's formulas you want hidden, use Format - Cells - Protection - Hidden. Then protect the sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect sheet). If it's data, forget it. Users can copy/paste cells , copy the sheet, take a picture of the workbook with PrtScrn (or with ...