Password Protect Outlook #2

I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to
leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes.
Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by
my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than
turning off the PC, is there any way I can password
protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close
Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95)
Many thanks

You can set a password on a Personal Folders File.  If the folder list isn't
visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List.  Right-click the root folder
(usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook Today"), click Properties on the
popup menu, click the Advanced button on the General tab, then click Change
Password.  Next time you close and reopen Outlook, it will ask for the
password before it will open the Personal Folders file.  Be VERY careful not
to forget the password, as there is no guarantee you will be able to get
back into your file without it.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"KBW" <picture_elements@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to
> leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes.
> Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by
> my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than
> turning off the PC, is there any way I can password
> protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close
> Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95)
> Many thanks

Does W95 not have password-protected screensaver function? (I can't
remember, it's SOOOOOO long since I used w95!)

0
me6 (309)

protecting sheet with combox
i'm trying to protect a sheet with a combo box in it. the combox list a bunch of values. each value you pick is linked to a formula which changes a price value in a different cell. i would like to protect the sheet so that the money value that appears in the cell can't be changed by the user. whenever i try to protect the sheet i then can't change the values in the comb box . i want to be able change the values in the combo box but have the formulas and automated cells protected. any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www....

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

Problems installing Sample Database on SBS2K3,CRM 1.2
When running the sample databse wizard I get the error message "The currently logged-on user does not have a Microsoft CRM license. Please contact your system administrator." I'm using the same account I used to install CRM, the administrator account. I have no problem bringing up MS CRM (http://mscrm) & logging in with this account on the server, however it isn't listed under users in Settings>Business Unit Settings>Users. Also, its not listed in the deployment manager under user manager>Adventure Works Cycle. I've found 1 reference to this specifi...

Outlook opening Word
A computer club member reported the inability to reply, reply to all, or forward e-mail messages. As a volunteer, I went to their home last evening and this is what I found, and did. Win XP Pro SP2 plus all updates applied. Office 2003 Small Business Edition. When Outlook 2003 is opened, it takes forever (50 seconds). E-mail messages are received. When attempting to send any message, whether reply, reply to all or forward, a window opens that says something like "Opening Word as your E-mail editor. Nothing happens. 5 - 10 minutes. Outlook is unresponsive, and I used Task Manager ...

Manufacturing Order Activity #2
I am doing some testing on GP 9 SP3. I have processed a Component Transaction Entry to issue some components and posted the issue. (Inventory Posting is set to post to and post thru) I can see the Inventory Transaction in the MO Order Activity Inquiry, but I do not see the Financial Transaction. I cn see the Journal Entry in the Journal Entry inquiry. There are no batched in batch recovery. There are no financial batched to be posted. I turned on the dexsql log, but cannot see aanything that would affect this. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. Mike S. ...

Outlook 2007 mail Icons and their meaning
How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine "GrahamAIC" <GrahamAIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF1E0267-767A-498D-B167-D2CACD6CEC94@microsoft.com... > How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning ...

Checking Outlook mail from other locations
What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another computer? Thanks! Stacy wrote: > What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another > computer? Thanks! No such thing. Stacy <ss100579@aol.com> wrote: > What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another > computer? Thanks! If you actually mean what you wrote above, then you'll need a program like VNC, pcAnywhere, or gotomypc to access your PC from another location. If you mean you want to access your mailbox, if your mailbox is on an Exchange server, you can use Outlook Web Access to read your...

OLXP: How to apply 1 Rule to 2 Mailboxes...
Hi, Some of our guys have 2 Exchange Mailboxes. One for their work & the other for personal use. When they set rules to filter the mail, it only works on their personal mailbox, but not on the work mailbox. How can we set one Rule from MSOutlook & get it to apply to both mailboxes to direct the incoming emails automatically? Help!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

CRM sync to Outlook
Is there no way to put the Parent company into the Company field in Outlook? Is there a hack or similar for this? I have 300+ contacts and no company listed for any pf them. Outlook syncs to our smartphones and we end up with a list of names rather than being able to sort them by company. I've customised the Outlook view to show the Parent field but it seems a bit daft to not have this in the Company field. Is it possible to set outlook to copy this value into the Company field or something like that? Mike does this help? http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayParentAccountOutlookConta...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

From Outlook Express to Outlook
On my old computer I used Outlook Express. On my new computer I use Outlook. How can I, by for example burning a cd, get my emailmessages and contactlist from Outlook Express to Outlook in a good way? Thanks for your answer, Edwin Evo <van.oosten@quicknet.nl> wrote: > On my old computer I used Outlook Express. On my new computer I use > Outlook. How can I, by for example burning a cd, get my emailmessages > and contactlist from Outlook Express to Outlook in a good way? Copy the .idx and .wab files from your old PC to a CD. Copy then to the new PC and remove the read-o...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

Outlook 2002 #154
I can not download all my e-mails. It will download 8 of the same e-mails over and over, and down in the lower right corner it shows it is stuck on downloading 25% of them. Why can I no longer get all e-mails? In fact I probably will not be able to download your answer. ...

GAL Replication #2
Hello, I need to replicate the GAL between 2 exchange organizations. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is, does anyone know of any articles on it? Several methods: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/04/index.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "J. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7aa301c49520$3fa02b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I need to replicate the GAL between 2 exchange > organizations. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it > ...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

Outlook Spam filtering
Hello, I use the "work with headers" function on Outlook as I don't have to download spam emails onto my PC, I can just delete the header if I don't recognise it. The spam filters on Outlook only seem to apply to emails fully received into Outlook and won't work with just headers alone. Does anyone know if there is a way to get Outlook to treat the headers in the same way so I can delete the headers as they arrive if they are spam? TIA David outlook needs the full message body to scan it for spam content - it doesn't scan mail on the server. Try mailwasher or ...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

Outlook 2007 Locks Up #2
I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. Outlook 2007 is locking up on all workstations at least once a day. This started shortly after the Feb. 12, 2008 updates. I have seen numerous posts via Google on this subject. Has anyone found a solution yet? -Mike if its bad and you didnt find a solution within the first hour you should stop losing time and call MS "SMC" <mmcelrath@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:uJ%23zE84jIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. >Outlo...

Expand Outlook Folder
Hello all, I'm new user on this groups. I would like to know how to expand all folder on Outlook 2002 in tree folder view with vba ? Or, How to record a macro to do this ? Thanks. ...

error 0x8004920a outlook express
I have an email account through windows live in outlook express for my university, Ohio University-chillicothe. I cannot open this account or access outlook at all even though I have verified my ID and password. I have time sensitive material in this account as it comes from my instructors. I am in desperate need of help here. Can you access the account using the same username & password at http://mail.live.com? What do you mean by you cannot "access outlook"? You can't even open Outlook (Express)? Have any of your computer science instructors mentioned t...

Passwords #3
Using outlook2002. For some reason, it will not store the password. I have checked the box that says "remember password", but, each time I try to log in. It will ask me for it. Any ideas. I am thinking about recreating the profile for thismailbox. I am a consultant, and my customer doesn't know how (or won't write down what I tell them) to do this. Thanks ...

RMS 2.0 Bugs
There was a post about Matrix issues in RMS 2.0. Just wondering when (or if) MS is going to fix this? Is anybody else experiencing any problems in RMS SO 2.0? I'm getting ready to switch our production system over. Any commentary or suggestions would be appreciated ------=_NextPart_0001_571B1F51 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Alex, Thank you for posting your question about 2.0. Microsoft is planning on releasing hotfixes to resolve issues reported in 2.0; but I have no information as to when these will be coming out. If you are experie...