Password problems with 2 users

Would be grateful for some help with this one. Have 2 users on a new pc with
windows xp. One user can send and receive e-mail on outlook express and the
other one can only receive. If the one who can only receive trys to send it
throws you out and you have to redial each time but it still throws you out
if you try to send. The message comes up from Norton Antivirus to say the
meassage was interuppted. The only clue I can see is the user name that works
has a password of 8 digits but the user that cant send has a password of
about 20 digits. In tool-user account the password is only 8 digits. If I try
to change the password on the user that cant send e-mails it still cancel the
online connection and when I click online again the 20 digit password is
back. How can I make both passwords the same and stop the the password
reverting to a 20 digit number. Its driving me nuts.

Most grateful for any help.

Allen in UK

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office
family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"damonbradley" <damonbradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would be grateful for some help with this one. Have 2 users on a new pc
> with
> windows xp. One user can send and receive e-mail on outlook express and
> the
> other one can only receive. If the one who can only receive trys to send
> it
> throws you out and you have to redial each time but it still throws you
> out
> if you try to send. The message comes up from Norton Antivirus to say the
> meassage was interuppted. The only clue I can see is the user name that
> works
> has a password of 8 digits but the user that cant send has a password of
> about 20 digits. In tool-user account the password is only 8 digits. If I
> try
> to change the password on the user that cant send e-mails it still cancel
> the
> online connection and when I click online again the 20 digit password is
> back. How can I make both passwords the same and stop the the password
> reverting to a 20 digit number. Its driving me nuts.
>
> Most grateful for any help.
>
> Allen in UK

0
bens1 (1425)

Printing user-defined fields for receiving in POP
Hello People, Is there a way to print, user-defined fields on Receivers @ the time Material Receipts? Regards, You can add the user-defined fields to the report with Report Writer. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Viol-8-r" wrote: > Hello People, > Is there a way to print, user-defined fields on Receivers @ the time > Material Receipts? > Regards, > > > > Thanks Mariano, "Mariano Gomez...

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Manufacturing Order Activity #2
I am doing some testing on GP 9 SP3. I have processed a Component Transaction Entry to issue some components and posted the issue. (Inventory Posting is set to post to and post thru) I can see the Inventory Transaction in the MO Order Activity Inquiry, but I do not see the Financial Transaction. I cn see the Journal Entry in the Journal Entry inquiry. There are no batched in batch recovery. There are no financial batched to be posted. I turned on the dexsql log, but cannot see aanything that would affect this. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. Mike S. ...

Problems installing Sample Database on SBS2K3,CRM 1.2
When running the sample databse wizard I get the error message "The currently logged-on user does not have a Microsoft CRM license. Please contact your system administrator." I'm using the same account I used to install CRM, the administrator account. I have no problem bringing up MS CRM (http://mscrm) & logging in with this account on the server, however it isn't listed under users in Settings>Business Unit Settings>Users. Also, its not listed in the deployment manager under user manager>Adventure Works Cycle. I've found 1 reference to this specifi...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Problem receiving mails using VPN
Hi. I have a problem updating my folders in Outlook 2003 when I'm using th VPN at home to connect to the Exchange server. I can however send email with no problem. Outlook states that I'm connected. When it tries to update the folde showing the status "Waiting to update this folder" the Outlook icon i the system tray tells me that "Outlook is requesting data from th server" but nothing happens. I can ping the IP address (and server name) of the Exchange server. When I create a new message and try to look up the recepient from th addressbook outlook freezes. So...

CRM Account Security #2
Is it possible to set up an account that is owned by an administrative person and would be read only to everyone else. We have a need to set up parent accounts and do not want our sales people to have the ability to create any kind of activity within them. Hey there Gary, why not create a group and apply the security attributes to it. An Admin account is what it is. Unless I am not understanding your goal? "GaryG" wrote: > Is it possible to set up an account that is owned by an administrative person > and would be read only to everyone else. We have a need to set up p...

Newsgroup Problems
Hi I use WLM for my two e-mail accounts no problems in or out. I have tried to use "usenet "and entered the account details and message says WLM can't connect to internet may be fire wall or anti virus,checked win fire wall gives it access, I used to have access, but have recently up dated to Win7 so had to reload WLM. Any ideas Please You're getting this from Microsoft Communities if you try to subscribe to a newsgroup? (Newsgroups icon at bottom left of WLMail, right click Microsoft Communities, select "Newsgroups", find your required group, "...

Text Method "Overwrite" problem
I'm having a problem with Overwrite=True when using the Text Method to insert text into a comment in my Excel worksheet. I can insert text into my comment at the specified character position, no problem. However it doesn't seem to matter if I set Overwrite to true or false, the text is always inserted rather than overwriting existing text. Here is the description of the method, followed by my code: Text Method Sets comment text. Syntax expression.Text(Text, Start, Overwrite) expression Required. An expression that returns a Comment object. Text Optional Variant. The text t...

Import 2 profiles Question
I had to reinstall a new harddrive. I backed up my outlook.pst file to an external harddrive prior to the installation. My outlook was set up with 2 profiles (Jane and John) so I get the prompt when I click on outlook to determine what profile to logon as. How do I import the correct files to the correct profile. Each time I try it I only get one. For example if I enter as Jane I get Jane and if I enter as john I get Jane's stuff. I hope this makes sense. Deb Change the Personal Folders file that John's profile uses. Check here: Control Panel > Mail applet > Data files &q...

Recipients problem in received mails
Hi, We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4. Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server. Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I checked the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlo...

problem with saving #2
Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help with the following problem. This is th situation: I have a java application which basically writes data (integers an strings) to an excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is doing th necessary calculations and reads back the results to the jav application. At least he is supposed to do so. But (as you probably guessed) it doesn't. Although in windows explore I can see he has changed the excel-file and when I open the file I ca see the correct data he reads back older data. More precisely the dat that has been saved when I manually open and close the...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

GAL Replication #2
Hello, I need to replicate the GAL between 2 exchange organizations. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is, does anyone know of any articles on it? Several methods: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/04/index.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "J. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7aa301c49520$3fa02b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I need to replicate the GAL between 2 exchange > organizations. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it > ...

Average If #2
Sorry for reposting this... I need a formula to figure the average in one column if for a specific person in another. There are about 2500 entries for each sheet. I need to know the average with time for Smith, Samsone, etc. without having to sort by physician. Thanks. ER MD WAIT TIME TO SEE PHYSICIAN smith 0:15 samsone 0:21 terry n/a terry 0:43 hanson 0:25 smith 0:18 terry n/a samsone 0:31 =AVERAGE(IF(NAme_Range="Smith",Time_Range)) array entered ctrl + shift & enter Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Denise" wrote: > Sorry for reposting this... > > I need ...

Problem With Form/Subform
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in be...

public folder free busy problem
Hello: We have a conference room public folder calendar. It is mail enabled but does not publish in free busy schedule. When you invite the conference room and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible, the conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed. Any resolutions to this type of issue? Thanks, Nope. Public folders as calendars have that limitation. Use a mailbox instead. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85922FD4-E862-49F8-9A76-B3A782C2A205@microsoft.com... >...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Outlook 2007 Locks Up #2
I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. Outlook 2007 is locking up on all workstations at least once a day. This started shortly after the Feb. 12, 2008 updates. I have seen numerous posts via Google on this subject. Has anyone found a solution yet? -Mike if its bad and you didnt find a solution within the first hour you should stop losing time and call MS "SMC" <mmcelrath@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:uJ%23zE84jIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. >Outlo...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

RMS 2.0 Bugs
There was a post about Matrix issues in RMS 2.0. Just wondering when (or if) MS is going to fix this? Is anybody else experiencing any problems in RMS SO 2.0? I'm getting ready to switch our production system over. Any commentary or suggestions would be appreciated ------=_NextPart_0001_571B1F51 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Alex, Thank you for posting your question about 2.0. Microsoft is planning on releasing hotfixes to resolve issues reported in 2.0; but I have no information as to when these will be coming out. If you are experie...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...