password in pst file

Hello Everyone:

Anyone know how to remove a password from a PST file?

Any pointer us greatly appreciated.

TIA

davel11 (2)

I wasn't aware you could password-protect a .pst file within Outlook itself.
The issue with be with it being protected by the operating system.  The way
to get to it is to log into the PC under an admin account and change the
properties of the .pst file in question to allow everyone to view it  - or
change the password (if it's just a matter of having forgotten.).

"D Mechanic" <davel11@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone:
>
> Anyone know how to remove a password from a PST file?
>
> Any pointer us greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA

lorien (93)

how do I email publisher file with excel links?
I have a file in MS publisher with graphs and charts linked from Excel. I need to be able to email and transfer these files to other users/computers. When I try to copy or pack and go, the users cannot edit the charts or update links inthe publisher file. Any ideas on how to do this??? I also want to make a copy of a new pub file and have it link to the new excel file... Is this even possible? My copied pub files always refer to the same excel file I created. Any help would be much appreciated! "dave" wrote: > I have a file in MS publisher with graphs and charts linke...

Code error in creating text files
Hi All I'm trying to create a form where you can generate a series of text files that come from a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has 7 columns and each text file should have 7 entries in it (a single record/row). The spreadsheet looks like: Name Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 With the code I have I want the text files to have the format: Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 The file will have the text from the name column as its filename. However instead of the extension .txt for a text file I would like to have the extensions .jgw and .jpw and .t...

File Backup failed on Win2003 cluster
Hi, we have a protection group that backs up three folders which are on a failover cluster (Win2003). It was working fine, but then following error started to appear: Description: Recovery point creation jobs for Volume F:\ have been failing. The number of failed recovery point creation jobs = 18. If the datasource protected is SharePoint, then click on the Error Details to view the list of databases for which recovery point creation failed. (ID 3114) Cannot create a recovery point because of a transient problem. (ID 215 Details: Unknown error (0x80042306) (0x80042306)) ...

vba module password recovery
Hi, I remember that somebody here once mentioned that you could disable th password protection/recover your password for modules in vba using hexadecimal editor. Is that true, and if yes, how? Does it work for XP? I just encountered the classic problem that I made up a tricky passwor that I didn't use for some time... Does it help if I know some of the characters? It's an 8 characte password with letters and digits, and I know the last thre characters. As usual, all help is appreciated, a -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Send me an email. twogilvy@msn.com -...

changing the xml file
I have this xml file below, I want to change the value of debug to false. How can I do this in C# or VB.net. if possible in this case I want use SelectSingleNode <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data" /> </configSections> <connectionStrings> </connectionStrings> <appSettings> <add key="connectionString"...

how do I copy only the contents of an email to word doc file
I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file and the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the contents. I'm on XP windows On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:31:03 -1000, Angelina <Angelina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file > and > the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the > contents. > I'm on XP windows Select the contents, click copy. Go to Word, click Paste. No? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook...

How do I recover a corrupt excel File
I have a large Database that has been corrupted when being transfered to a new machine. It shows up as a 606kb file but excel will not open it. There are over 2000 entries and I would really not like to enter all of this Data again. PLEASE HELP! Even a partial recovery would be great. You can try to open in in Word, using the Recover Text from Any File option in the "files of type" box. The may eliminate some (but probably not all) of the manual work needed to get your XLS file back. On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:55:01 -0700, "Bike_junky" <Bike_junky@discussions.micro...

How do I convert a WP Excel file to a Word Excel file? Urgent ...
I'm desparate. I need this info for an appt. with MD in one hour. Thanks, Mary "Millie McCrow" <Millie McCrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D414AE9A-09E9-45C6-A2C9-A61996754287@microsoft.com... > I'm desparate. I need this info for an appt. with MD in one hour. > > Thanks, Mary What on earth do you mean by a "WP" Excel file and a "Word" excel file? Excel files are excel files are excel files....... WP does not have Excel files. WP is Word Perfect, a word processor "Millie McCrow" <Millie McCrow@di...

excel closes when trying to open certain files
Excel 2003 will close when trying to open a specific file. When Excel is reopened the file is in the recovery box. When I open the file from the recovery box it gives a message that the file is too corrupt to repair and most of my data is gone along with any formatting. This is the only file that seems to be affected and it use to open without any problems. The same file will open on other computers with Excel 2003 without any problems. The only difference between this file and others that seem to have no problem is before the file opens, it ask to disable or enable macros. This f...

problem opening up program/file

Error opening "Item" in a person "Contact" File
Hello, When I go to a person's Contact file, in Contacts, and open it I get a error message when trying to open a Item that I have inserted from the Calander. (Item is a link to the person's Birthday that is a calander event with reacurance set for every year). The error is; "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook many times as well as rebooting Outlook and the same error. My ICQ address is 9749581 if anyone has any ideas.... Thanks Chris. Ill try to explain better. I use the ...

Cannot open a read-only MSG file
Wondering if anyone has this same issue... Using Outlook 2003 SP2/Exchange 5.5 if a .msg is read-only and you double-click it the error "You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation" is raised. Uncheck the read-only attribute and it works fine. This is not consistant and I can open read-only .MSG files on other PCs Any ideas? Thanks, Vic Opening a read only msg file shouldn't be a problem. Does the msg file contain attachments? Or do you have macro's running in your Outlook? It seems your Outlook would like to change the msg file (the e-mail). ...

Password Protected Form and Report
I have 2 questions 1. Is it possible to put a password on a perticular form? 2. Is it also possible to put a passoword on a perticular report? If so, then please tell me how can i do that. I have a database in which i want a perticular form and a perticular report password protected, that no one can access but me. P.s I dont want to put password on the whole database. thank you aamer In a word: No. You might be able to cobble up something that acts like a password on a from or report, but that wouldn't stop someone from opening it manually. Also the data displayed...

How to keep recipients from modifying files
Hello, I am new to the forum, and have what I expect to be a rather simple question to answer. I work with several excel worksheets that are prefilled with default information, and have blanks spots for new information to be added so that I can print or send the file to a client so they can print it. I am worried that when I am sending the worksheet, they can modify the information on the sheet - just as simply as I did. Considering this would put my job at risk if anyone ever did, I would like to find an alternative way to send the file to them, without them having the ability to modify...

SBS 2008 File Transfer
Greetings, I am running SBS2008 on an HP ML370 G6 server. I have a total of 6 Hard drives (2 SAS drives, and 4 SATA drives). The 2 SAS drives are raided together with Raid 0 and SBS2008 is running off that raid. The 4 SATA drives are are raided into 2 drives with Raid 0 as well (2 sata drives / drive). The server now has 3 seperate drives (C,D,E). My problem is that when copying large files from C to D drive or anywhere D to E drive or any drive combination, speeds are fast, no problem. When copying files to an external USB drive, it takes hours, 16 hours for 175GIG of...

Hyperlink IN slideshow TO another ppt file
Recently had the hard drive replaced in my computer, and believe some personal settings were lost. Problem I'm having is: BEFORE: hyperlinks IN a .ppt TO other .ppt files would open target directly into slideshow mode. NOW: hyperlinks IN a .ppt TO other .ppt files open the target file in edit mode. Causes delay and disruption in meetings I run... Using .pps file extentions is an unreasonable work around due to the frequent use of the files. In article <958985F6-503F-46FC-B105-5DC98EF79FF3@microsoft.com>, 29Sleepy wrote: > Recently had the hard drive replace...

large file size
Hi -- I'm a novice Publisher user. We're using Publisher 2000. We are setting up a program for a school activity. The program is about 60 pages, booklet form, will be saddle stitched. About half of the program is text with some pictures, the other half is ads (mixture of full page, half page, quarter page). We also have to place several scanned "welcome" letters in the program. The person doing the ads wasn't given much direction ... so we have some ads coming in as jpgs, some we are having to cut and past out of Word! Some are ..pdfs that we are having to co...

Create IE object in .vbs file, and control the tinymce editor in the page
HI, my friends, In a standalone .vbs file, I create an IE object and navigate to a page containing a javascript tinymce editor. Now I want to get/set the content of the tinymce editor. Is it possible to do that? P.S. Can javacript be run as standalone application, just like the .vbs file? Thanks! Any help will be appreciated! On Dec 8, 12:08=A0pm, Zhiguo <zhiguoyo...@gmail.com> wrote: > HI, my friends, > > In a standalone .vbs file, I create an IE object and navigate to a > page containing a javascript tinymce editor. > Now I want to get/set the content...

Password protecting customizations
1)Is there any way to password protect the customizations made to MS CRM? 2)What do other ISV’s do when they sell their solution in order to protect their Intellectual Property? 3)Is there anything we can do to limit access to the Administrator login to help facilitate this? I’m sure other ISV’s have this same dilemma and I’m wondering if you know how some are handling this. Answered in other gorup, please do not cross post. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Ryan Plourde" <RyanPlourde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A126BE66-4C48-4CE4-9086-5E6064F...

Is there anyway to read pub file without MSPublisher??
Sometimes there are readers to view files. Is there one for MSPublisher?? Herb There is no such beast out there, even though it's asked DAILY. See the workaround below: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011111451033.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP062074021033.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Herbert C Lebovitz" <lebovitz@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:f9p5k1dc1jkhuh074be0qi0cr9ec7aiofa@4ax.com... >...

VB.Net 2005
Hi all, I started with reading a GS1 XML file but keep getting all sorts of errors. Any advice? ------- Code ------------- 'read xml file and drop in Grid Dim strFileXML As String = "D:\Order.xml" Dim dsXML As New System.Data.DataSet Try dsXML.ReadXml(strFileXML, XmlReadMode.ReadSchema) Me.dgXML.DataSource = dsXML Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) Finally End Try ------- Code ------------- ------- XML File ------------- http://www.gs1.org/docs/gsmp/xml/2_0_2/BMS_Package_Order.zip ------- XML File ------------- -- Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Sa...

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Can't open word file

WinXP Outlook 2003: Unable to Export Contacts to CSV File
Something odd is going on. When I try to export Contacts (File-Import/Export-Outlook...-Export to a file-Comma Seperated Values (Windows) The only folder to export from is an obscure PST file I created a few years back, at the same time I created many other PST files, all of which are in the same location, noe of which show up - only this one. Why can I only see one PST file? Why can't I see anything related to a Contacts file? Windows Explorer has been taking forever to show folders lately,and I've been getting periodic error messages stating: "svchost.exe - Applicatio...

Open and Convert Mac .numbers to excel file format tools
Are there any tools that allow PC user of Excel to open a Mac .numbers extension file? kspalladino@yahoo.com ...