Palm not syncing with Outlook

When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM
Laptop. Receiving error "the custom form could not be
opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The
object does not support the requested action"
0
anonymous (74717)

Try checking a palm support forum.  the problem originates with the palm
software, not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Spencer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM
| Laptop. Receiving error "the custom form could not be
| opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The
| object does not support the requested action"

0
MillyS4407 (663)
11/25/2003 5:18:38 AM

Do hyou have any custom forms in outlook? Can you Hotsync
just your e-mail files?
0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook 2007/2010
Hi, hope someone can help me to set the settings in Outlook 2007/2010 for - "this meeting was automatically declined because it conflicts with another appointment." Thanks You mean you want your calendar to automatically decline conflicting meeting requests? The exact steps will be different from 2007 and 2010. In 2007 should be Tools | Options | Calender Options | Resource Scheduling...as I recall. In 2010 File | Options | Calendar | Resource Scheduling... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.office...

Outlook not responding?
Hello, I am running Outlook 2000 with Office XP. When it opens, it immediately will not respond. I have to end task in task manager. I ran a checkdisk on the drive but it did not help. Does anyone know what I might try to get it running again? Thanks, Bob Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. Wh...

palm syncronizing
everytime i try and hotsync outlook asks me if i want to allow the program to acces it. When i'm at the computer i click yes but i also wish to hotsync from remote locations. How can i tell outlook to permanently allow programs such as my palm pilot to access it? Update your synch software from the manufacturer's website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and findin...

Updating User Property in Outlook 2007
Hi - I want to be able to sort items in the Sent Items folder (Outlook 2007, PST file on a home PC, Win 7 Home Premium x64) by RECIPIENT DOMAIN (of the first recipient of the email). I have code which has run for years on Office 97 & 2003 but which is now giving an error at the point of updating the user property value (Outlook 2007). This is the VBA inside Outlook: Sub FindFirstRecipientDomain() Dim myFolder As Object Dim intI As Integer Dim strName As String Dim strShortName As String Dim myProp As UserProperty On Error GoTo Err_Hand ...

outlook express is opening wrong browser
I'm hoping someone can help. For some reason, Outlook Express is using the Earthlink browser as the default. What I really want is for Internet Explorer to be opened. This happens when I receive an email with a hyperlink that I click on. The Earthlink browser opens. Any suggestions? This is not addressed in the Help section. Thanks. Under Tools & Internet Options I think you can set what your defaults are. But next time try not installing the Earthlink software. Windows comes with a dialer. Have the Earthlink peons set you up over the phone the right way. You don't need a ...

How can I move all data in my "Outlook Express" to "Outlook"?
I am using Outlook Express. Now I want to try Outlook. I remember when I first open my Outlook, the system asked me if I would like to import data from my Outlook Express. But I missed it at that time. How can I do it back? Thanks very much. Run Outlook, go to the File menu, select 'Import/Export' The import/export wizard should appear. Select 'Import Internet Mail and Addresses', then click 'Next'. Select 'Outlook Express 4.x,5', and make sure that all three tick boxes and ticked at the bottom. Now click 'Next'. Click 'Finish'. Now rep...

Outlook Today 2000
Customize Outlook Today icon does nothing when clicked. How to make it work? Try this link. I had the same problem and it worked for me. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 Mike Mason "gemma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053901c3a576$f281c260$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today icon does nothing when clicked. > How to make it work? ...

How to Synchronise Hotmail Calendar with Standard Outlook Calendar using Outlook Connector ??
I am using the Outlook Connector with Outlook, and I would rather use the Hotmail Calendar rather than the standard Outlook one, just because it can be accessed from any computer. The problem with this is that entries in the Hotmail Calendar do not appear in Outlook Today, and I do not think that alerts are received through Outlook. I can also only synchronise my mobile phone with the standard Outlook Calendar using Nokia PC Suite. So, is there a way to combine the Hotmail account and the standard Outlook Calendar into one, or can they be synchronised? If it is not possible, I will ...

Outlook #20
I have the latest service pack for Office XP (SP2), but I'm still having a problem with Outlook saving my password. I set up an IMAP account and when I check "save my password", it still prompts for a password. My operating system is Windows XP professional. Why are you posting this as a response to an existing thread. START YOUR OWJN "Steve Nicoloff" <stephen.nicoloff@pvmail.maricopa.edu> wrote in message news:031001c3579e$eaed10c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have the latest service pack for Office XP (SP2), but > I'm still having a problem with Outloo...

sync Outlook with Orange website
I can no longer sync my C550 with the Orange website though it used to do it perfectly. Orange offer no support except to call a premium rate number. I can sync outlook express with no problem which leads me to think there is a problem with outlook. I've tried deleting the .pst files and reinstalling outlook byt still it won't sync. Any ideas please? Andy Pandy <bogus@bogus.com> wrote: > I can no longer sync my C550 with the Orange website though it used to > do it perfectly. Orange offer no support except to call a premium rate > number. > > I can sync outlook...

OUTLOOK HOW TO
How do I stop outlook from starting up automatically as soon as I turn the computer on. Thanks Remove the shortcut from your startup folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jjc asked: | How do I stop outlook from starting up automatically as soon as I | turn the computer on. Thanks ...

How do I import folders from Outlook Express into Outlook 2007
Christine <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> In OUtlook Express, click File>Export>Messages. Select Outlook -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uvifvvAEIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Christine <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Select Outlook there's nothing TO select - you just get a dialog box saying "OE will export to outlook or Exchange" and that's it! Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> w...

Using Windows Live Calendar with Palm's calendaar
My primary calendar is my calendar on my Palm TX device. It uses and can import vCal or vCard format data. (Palm Desktop ver 6.22) I have the Live calendar on both a laptop with Vista and a desktop with Win 7 and they are synchronized. The Palm application works on my Vista system, but has bugs on the Win 7 and can only run properly with a Bluetooth connection which I don't have. I can however maintain both utilizing a synchronizing program (GoodSync). Can anyone suggest how I can import or export data to synchronize both calendars. At present I must double enter cri...

Pocket Money Will Not Sync w/ Money 2005
I recently downloaded Pocket Money 2005 in order to sync my Money 2005 (run on an IBM laptop)with my Pocket PC, but so far I have not found a way to make it work. My situation is as follows: - I am using Active Sync version 3.7 and my Pocket PC functions on Windows Pocket PC 2003 (meeting the stated requirements). - Pocket Money successfully installs on the Pocket PC itself, but none of the accounts or information actually appear on the device. - I have checked off the "Microsoft Money Data" option in Active Sync. - The settings menu is NOT available for "Microsoft ...

Outlook and MSVCRT.DLL errors
I keep getting the message of and on when I start Outllok - "Outlook has caused an Error in Msvcrt.dll" and it shuts down. I dont know what the problem might be - any ideas how to fix this. Ta Arun You Receive Error Messages That Reference the Msvcrt.dll File in Both Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823674&Product=ol2002 This article references Outlook 2002, but since you did not include your version, you are free to check the Microsoft Knowledge Base for your version information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Most requested features missing from Outlook?
As a developer I'm curious about what people want to get out of Outlook that isn't already built in. It would be interesting to see a list of features that people really want and need. For example, many people including myself have lots of issues with the Rules Wizard, spam, etc. I wrote a replacement for the Rules Wizard which gives much more control over filtering than the default Rules setup. It allows for custom regular expressions and complex AND/OR patterns. Filters can be shared, imported like automatic anti-virus definitions, etc. I know there are many such products alrea...

Blackberry Sync.
Our Blackberry users can no longer synch there blackberrys using the RIM blackberry desktop manager since the install of Office/Outlook 2003. Anyone know of a fix? Disable Cache Mode if using that. -- *************** No Email Replies "Chuck Chulvick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ca101c3c4bd$ae4b0140$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Our Blackberry users can no longer synch there blackberrys > using the RIM blackberry desktop manager since the install > of Office/Outlook 2003. > > Anyone know of a fix? You can turn off "Use Cach...

outlook print
Hello, Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Regards, Mingo What are you refering to? You can print mail items & such but I'm guessing that's not what you're asking "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2kKh95wHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Mingo <sly_007_2007_remove_@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Do you mean select a portion of a message to print? If so, if th...

Outlook 2010 can sync with mobile 6.5
Hello: I'm using Outlook 2010 RTM x64 and an HTC Diamond 2 with WM6.5 I can't sync with Outlook. The sync manager shows an error saying that isn't any mail client connected. Any sugestion? Sorry for my bad English!!! ---- Juan Segura www.sd-a.com juan@sd-a.com Juan Segura wrote: > Hello: > > I'm using Outlook 2010 RTM x64 and an HTC Diamond 2 with WM6.5 > > I can't sync with Outlook. The sync manager shows an error saying that isn't > any mail client connected. > > Any sugestion? > > Sorry for my bad Eng...

Importing Mails from Outlook 2003
Hi all this is my very 1st post in google grps. pardon me if i posted in a wrong place(i saw many grps relting to outlook i dunno which to select exactly) I am working on a email client it almost finished except importing.Here r my requests. 1.Disabling the security alert in outlook 2003 "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". What exactly i need is disable this security before import and re-enable it after the import.i need a piece of code that d...

Permissions in outlook
I have outlook xp and the only user of my machine, and I had a glitch hit my system this week and I am unabel to get my outlook to send and receive. computers says I dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation. then when I say ok, I get a file conversion to word saying that it cannot start (c:\...\startup\~$newreader6.dot) Can anyone help? Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" utility? TOOLS | HELP menu -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Speck" <Speck@satx.rr.com> wrote in message news:012401c35471$2414dad0$a101280a@phx.gbl... I have outlo...

Migrating from Outlook Express
I want to start using Outlook as my email program. I know how to move the messages and directory tree of my inbox over, but I'm having problems in two areas: 1 - Moving my email accounts. There are quite a few on my computer, but Outlook's wizard only seems to recognize one. 2 - Moving my Outlook Express address book into Contacts. Does Outlook 2K have a utility that will perform these tasks so I don't have to go through keying it all in and testing it again? If not, does anyone know of a 3d party utility that will do this for me? Thanks in advance, Isidore Isidore, I wo...

outlook #89
I installed Office 2000 and was trying to explain to someone how to do this. Anyway I wasn't paying enough attention and instead of asking them to check the no internet mail for outlook, we instead checked the one for receiving internet mail. To make this short, I've reinstalled and cannot get that message to come back up so I can change to no internet mail. Any ideas. ...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

How do I change my email from Outlook back to Yahoo?
I started using Outlook recently for a work email address and now ALL my emails I try and link to from other locations open in that one. They used to open in my Yahoo! email (my personal). How do I change that back to Yahoo! or is it even possible? You may be able to change your default here: Control Panel > Internet applet > Programs tab > Mail dropdown "gwclay(remove this)05@yahoo.com" <gwclay(remove this)05@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1513450-313F-4096-B236-6B7D3FF18237@microsoft.com... >I started using Outlook recently fo...