paler calendar colors?

I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like it
or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on the
Calendar a little paler?  I see that you can change the colors but they are
all too stark for me.
Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

You are limited to the 3 colors for office (File, Options in any office
app) for the overall interface. Colors for the calendars and color
categories can't be changed (but you can pick from 15 or so colors.)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/13/2011 3:31 PM, DotCom2 wrote:
> I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like
> it or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on
> the Calendar a little paler? I see that you can change the colors but
> they are all too stark for me.
> Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Publisher Calendar #6
Can I change dates but still retain the information in the cells from year to year? Calendars are tables, it isn't too tough to tab through and change the numbers. If you have filled the cells with your information, then it is a whole different situation. You will manually have to change the location of the information. The information will not automatically advance. My suggestion would be to create text boxes with the information, when the calendar dates change all you have to do is slide the text over. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JLH" <JLH@discussions.mic...

Import Calendar to Calendar
I have imported a calendar from my old pc using Outlook 2000 into my new pc using Outlook 2003. I have both calendars visible, but outlook will not let me drag from the old calendar to the new one. Is there a way to move everything in the old calendar to the new one? you need to drag the contents from one folder to the other - select all contents (best to use By Category view) and then drag to the destination folder. -- I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au Canberra, Austral...

If loop to change background color
Hi all, I currently have the following i loop within my Excel chart.. =IF(F4<F22,"Increase","Decrease" Generally, it says that if F4 is less than F22, then write Increase else write Decrease However, I already have a value on that cell which I dont want t change (i.e. not replaced by Increase or Decrease). Is it possible t change the background colour instead so that if F4 is less than F2 then change the background color to red or yellow -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com what you want done, can be done in VBA (if you do not want to involv additional co...

how to create a multiple-color trendline in excel?
If I have a graph with multiple trendlines, and I want to have a certain trendline in a different color from a certain point, how do I do it without changing the color of the entire trendline? I don't think you can directly, since the trendline is a single object, so you cannot format just a segment of it. You could fake it by getting the coefficients of the trendline (if from the chart, be sure to display in scientific notation with 14 decimal places to avoid rounding) then remove the trendline from the chart (because it will always appear on top of everything else) and manually ...

Manage a group calendar
I am looking for a method of managing a group calendar such that additions, deletions, changes to the group calendar would automatically reflect on the group members personnal OUTLOOK calendars. Say I had a Public Board of Directors calendar and 6 directors on the board. If I scheduled a meeting on the public calendar I would want it automatically placed on each board members personal calendar without going through the meeting request route. I have an inkling this may require OUTLOOK VBA script. The more detailed your reply the better. Thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.h...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

Cannot print Outlook 2003 calendar
I'm having trouble with a user's calendar that apparently "bit- buckets" when attempting to print her Outlook calendar. I looked at the calendar permissions and they were set to Default/none and Anonymous/none (same as mine but I can print). If I modify the permissions in any way I get a balloon at the top pointing to Go on the toolbar stating Microsoft Office Outlook An error occurred when setting schedule permissions. > OK The user can print everything else without problem and there is nothing in the Event Log for this. The job simply does not happen. Please help......

consolidate calendars

Customizing the calendar
Thanks to all Outlook 2007 - Windows XP Pro I have my kids two weeks at a time out of four - I would like to be able to mark/highlight the calendar so that I could see when I have them rapidly using the left pane/several months view of the calendar - without having to go to the monthly detailed view - Any way to colour code the two weeks in question or mark them visually? I have tried recurring events - kind'a works if I show time as "busy" but then that create "conflicts" with other appointments No, the Calendars in the Navigation can only do a bold/non bold disp...

Archiving the Calendar
When archiving the calendar in Outlook I know it doesn't archive recurring appointments. My archiving is set to clean out items older than 6 months. I would think that this would populate my archive calendar back to April '03, instead there is nothing there back to May '03 and everything is there but my recurring appointments April back to January, then nothing again past December '02. Thoughts? Archiving works on the modified date. Since recurring appointments will have been opened or accessed after your set archive period, they will not be archived. You can test t...

Viewing text box fill colors on screen pub pro 2003
using pub pro 2003 on a dell lap top, windows XP SP2. I can not get the text box color fill to display the fill color on the screen. Prints fine when sent to printer. Almost looks like a view property setting but I have tried all of them. Do not have this problem on an HP desk top same OS version, same pub version. Any help? Read the third FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E93FC77...

Windows Live Calendar with Entourage Calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Could someone just be clear about this. The subjuct never really gets addressed and is referred to another link. <br> Will Windows Live Calendar ever duplicate itself in Entourage as it does in Outlook. Right now, via Outlook Connecter, the calendar entries carry over to my Outlook program on my PC. Will that feature ever be part of the entourage program. Seems like it should. I do not have access to an exchange account but I still use the two platforms for my work and appointments. I ...

Calendar month view
In Outlook 2003, my month view of the calendar shows the past 5 weeks, but not the week I am in. It is 31 Jan, and I get to see what I did from 27 Dec to 30 Jan. How can I change this? ...

how do I mark several dates on a publisher yearly calendar
I need to mark several dates individualy on a yearly calendar,in office 2000 I was able to do this with the circle or rectangle tool but in 2003 this only inserts a text box which moves the figures not encircles them unless I am doing something wrong any suggestions would be helpful. You can still use the circle or rectangle tool (autoshapes) in 2003. Once you encircle the dates, send the circle/rectangle to the back. Be certain your calendar has no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "walob" <wal...

paler calendar colors?
I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like it or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on the Calendar a little paler? I see that you can change the colors but they are all too stark for me. Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look? You are limited to the 3 colors for office (File, Options in any office app) for the overall interface. Colors for the calendars and color categories can't be changed (but you can pick from 15 or so colors.) Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook...

CALENDARS II
PEOPLE!!! (THIS TIME I AM YELLING!) HOLD IT RIGHT THERE... WHAT IS GOING ON? MY GOD! THIS IS RIDICULUS... FIRST OF ALL... I WROTE A SIMPLE QUESTION LOOKING FOR A STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER REGARDING HOW TO USE THE PUBLISHER APPLICATION! SECOND OF ALL I WAS NOT YELLING AT ANYBODY AND THIS IS THE WAY I LIKE TO WRITE... I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF CHAT ETIQUETE... SO IF YOU GENTLEMEN WOULD CALM DOWN AND GO BACK TO A PEACEFUL CONVERTATION AND FRIENDLY HELP SESSIONS I WILL APPRECIATE IT! IF I KNEW MY QUESTION WOULD LEAD TO AMERICANS ATTACKING AMERICANS... IN MY ADOPTIVE COUNTRY THEN I THINK I BECAME ...

how do i turn off autodelete of past events in Outlook calendar
How do I turn off the automatic deletion of past events in Outlook calendar? I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6514.5000 Why is it that every iteration of Outlook gets more unusable? Are you syncing with a smartphone or pda? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/missing_appt.asp if not, are you using autoarchive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

export calendar
hi pals! this is mariano. I'm having a big deal. I 'dnt know why my money on the web file has crashed, and now I can't syncronize my account file. It says something like "information saved in this file does not match the information currently saved on the msn website" So, I decieded to start again, export my all acounts, delete all the info on the web, import and make it work. But I've realized that I won't have my calendar exported. It's posible to fix this sync error? If not, it's possible to export calendar with all recurcence due? Thanks MAriano ...

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...