OWA

Has anyone been having issues wiht OWA since the
installation of IE 6 and or Windows 2000 SP 4. Our test
unit has develpoed a loop when trying to access the OWA
site we're running. It appears to be trying to constantly
trying to reload the page.

OWA on port 81
Hello I have to have my Exchange to work on port 81 & 443 but as soon as i change to port 81, OMA & ActiveSync OTA aren't working anymore. Putting back on port 80 and everything is fine. What can i do to have my OWA on port 81 with OMA & ActiveSync working ? TY Create another HTTP VS? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Stan" <kikistan[nospam**]@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7%23M4QWEGHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello > > I have to have my Exchange to ...

OWA authentication problem #4
I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA. One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets Access Denied. It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd. Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end? He's got XP Home so I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it. Tim Is he allowed by Exhaange to use OWA? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina O...

OWA hangs up
Hello, I have a user that cannot display inbox contents under OWA. All other folders are displaying correctly except "Inbox" is shows "Loading" and stays that way. Any Ideas? Thank you. See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 Nue "James" <james@nodomain.net> wrote in message news:%23qIYCMbfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > > I have a user that cannot display inbox contents under OWA. All other > folders are displaying correctly except "Inbox" is shows "Loading" and > stays th...

OWA Login Works, but only showing virtual directory of mailboxes
Hello, I have a SBS 2003 server on which OWA was working until this morning. Now the users can login to OWA using www.domain.com/exchange but all they get is a directory listing of the mailboxes, not the normal OWA web pages. Any ideas what is going on here? Thanks in advance. here is your fix This update fixes a problem on your Windows 2003-based computer. The fix allows you to enable GNU zip http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=0BC9B5BC-A094-49BF-89A5-C8A2D32345A2&displaylang=en oz -- Oz Ozugurlu System Engineer MCSE 2003| M...

Change password in OWA on Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003
I've enabled the change password for OWA as described in MSKB article 297121 and it works fine for internal clients. However, when attempting to use it over the internet I get the following error: Error: An invalid directory pathname was passed I am using SSL with a certificate issued from a Microsoft certificate server. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. John Do you have port 443 open on your Firewall? Are the appropriate rules created to allow Port 443 to your Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "John ...

OWA reply address
Is there a way to let the user modify their reply address? No there isn't There are third party tools for Outlook, most notibably ChooseFrom by IvaSoft. However I don't believe it supports OWA 'from' customization. Oliver See http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefromowa.shtml Regards, Victor Ivanidze "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote in message news:uWpLJWcUHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > No there isn't > > There are third party tools for Outlook, most notibably ChooseFrom by > IvaSoft. However I don't believe i...

Exch2k3 OWA Logon Page
How do I get the OWA login page to appear instead of the dialog box for username and password? I've tried to turn on forms auth and SSL but its not working. See the how-to here: http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm "bernardl" <bernardl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:760D5D0A-DBEF-4F36-9B0C-E42A7C50CF44@microsoft.com... > How do I get the OWA login page to appear instead of the dialog box for > username and password? > > I've tried to turn on forms auth and SSL but its not working. ...

OWA 2003 #2
There wasnt a group for Outlook Web Access (OWA) version so I figured I would post my question here. When using OWA how do you see the message headers? david <dflores@rochester.rr.com> wrote: > There wasnt a group for Outlook Web Access (OWA) version so I figured > I would post my question here. There really is a group. Since OWA is part of Exchange, you should ask in the Exchange group. -- Brian Tillman Ok, I will repost in Exchange group then. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uZFTZTygFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb...

OWA problems after changing e-mail address
I am in the process of evaluating Exchange 2003 and have come across a problem authenticating to Outlook Web Access. Lets say that my test domain is called test-domain.com Our e-mail addressing scheme however will be different, lets say test.com So, in our environment, my e-mail address would be jrkallas@test.com despite the fact that our AD domain is test-domain.com When we make this change within AD Users and Computers, we are no longer able to authenticate to Outlook Web Access. We can still access e-mail through the Outlook Client, but get "Authorization failed" on OW...

OWA IIS HAnG
Dear Experts. I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients connecting to the web server. almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have to reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option. anyone have a solution? kind regards Evert Any OUtlook 2003 clients? On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote: >Dear Experts. > >I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clien...

Exchange OWA #3
hello everyone, i have PDC and Exchange server. i have external domain name which i like to use to login for OWA for mail. my external domain name is hosted with telivo. my local domain name is itsupport.local and external www.itsupport.com (domain names just for illustration) does anyone know what setting do i need to put in external doamin settings, so that when users type www.itsupport.com it divert to my exchange so OWA is displayed. 1. on pdc i have default website for wsus 2. on my exchange i have default website for exchange. i have forwarded port 443 to exchange, but when users ty...

OWA 2003 doesn't display frames or images.
Hello, We've just installed E2K3 on a W2K3 server which was prepared by another team using their own security template. The installation completed without errors and we can access OWA using integrated authentication. The problem is that neither the frames nor any of the the images are displayed in OWA, just the image placeholders/red-x-in-a-square. Is this due to not having sufficient permissions on the Exchange virtual directory? There are no errors in the event logs. Thanks, - Alan. Hi, If you remove the security template (remove from Local security policy - or if applied via G...

Mail contents are not shown up in OWA
Hello Friends User are not able to see their mail contents, but only the headers in web outlook express. Last week ae restore our exchange database, After that user are going to complain about this Any idea to resolve this issue. Regards Guri Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > User are not able to see their mail contents, but only the headers in > web outlook express. There is no such thing as "web Outlook Express". Do you mean "Outlook Web Access"? > Last week ae restore our exchange database, After that user are going > to c...

Disable OWA By User
Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003 can you diable OWA by user? -- "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug if it would make the Darn Thing Work" Aparently, but I have never tried it. Open the user account in Active Directory Users and Computer (exchange integrated version of course) and select the Exchange Features tab. There is an option to enable or disable Outlook Web Access there. Cheers Adam "James Stoddard" wrote: > Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003 > can you diable O...

Attachments in OWA will not download
Attachments in OWA will not download: --- The page cannot be displayed Error Code: Internal Server Error. Not implemented (-2147467263) --- Do not know when this started to happen but at one point in the past we were able to download attachments in OWA but now it does not work. Need help - not too much other useful information was available in Logs. Anyone know how to fix this? Jay Ruyle On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:30:39 -0500, "Jay Ruyle" <jaruyle@rhjarchitects.com> wrote: >Attachments in OWA will not download: > >--- >The page cannot be displayed >Error C...

OWA
I am wondering how many of you have your OWA available on the public internet. And what you do to protect it, any issues. So that corporate users can get email from any web kiosk or PC HTTPS through Firewall to IIS/Exchange server. Port 443 >-----Original Message----- >I am wondering how many of you have your OWA available on the public >internet. And what you do to protect it, any issues. So that corporate users >can get email from any web kiosk or PC > > >. > Firstly, I'd suggest implementing Exchange 2003 OWA if you can. The forms-based authentication fea...

OWA Timeout
Hello, Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003 OWA? Thank you, Ross Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003 > OWA? Since OWA is actually a part of Exchange, you might want to ask in news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.exchange.clients -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian. On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:53:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote: > >> Is there a way to set an inactivity timeo...

block users from using outlook & OWA at the same time
how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once logged off form Outlook then only be abel to log on to OWA. JJ le Grange <JJleGrange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at > the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users > BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once > logged off form Outlook then ...

OWA single server implicit log on?
Hello all running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003 sp1. I host two domains on my server for two companies. Both companies share a common GAL, and both companies can log into OWA or outlook via there primary email address. I.E bob@comapn@.com and bill@companyB.com. It seems after applying SP1 for exchange user no longer have to log into OWA as user@primaryemailaddress.com they can now log in as ther username. This is cool, but why is it working like this after applying SP1? also all users log into outlook via RPC over HTTPS. When logging in via outlook the user still must log in via ...

OWA
I have a client whose users cannot open emails which have a trailing period in the subject line. They are running Exchange 2000 SP3 on Win2k SBS. When I get the global properties for IIS, I see the following ISAPI filters installed: UrlScan sspifilt Compression md5filt fpexedll.dll When I go and look at the urlscan.ini file, I see the following section: [DenyUrlSequences] ... ; Don't allow directory traversals ../ ; Don't allow trailing dot on a directory name \ ; Don't allow backslashes in URL ;: ; Don't allow alternate stream access % ; Don't allow escaping ...

OMA + OWA + SSL
Can these three coexist? I have OWA with SSL and I'd like to add OMA to my single Exchange 2003 / Windows 2003 server. Is it possible? How? Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. Based on my knowledge, you can configure the OWA and OMA with SSL. 1. Start Exchange System Manager: Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager. 2. Expand Global Settings, right-click Mobile Services, and then click Properties. 3. Under Exchange ActiveSync, select from the following check boxes: o Select the Enable user initiated synchronization check b...

messages disappearing when using OWA
I just began using OWA for my E2K server. My internal clients maintain their messages in the mailbox store (so I can back everything up in one place), however, I notice that if I retrieve new messages off the OWA, they do NOT appear in my internal client. Does OA store them in a personal folder by default, and is there a way to change that so the messages are not removed from the server prior to deletion? Do you have filtering set up? Maybe display only unread messages? "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8732623-0AD3-4A0F-A6A8-C3C7D0E59820@...

OWA Admin "Access Denied" error. Help!
We installed the OWA Administration utility on a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 installed. This server has IIS 5.0 installed and other web sites on the server are working fine. When we try and load OWA Admin, we get the errror listed below. I saw talk of a "Microsoft workaround" for this, but couldn't find the worka around myself. Below is the error. Server Error in '/OWAAdmin' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current ...

OWA #73
I am trying to use Outlook Web Access here is what I have Server 2003 (member server) running exchange 2003. I want to allow people within the company to be able to jump on a computer outside our network punch in a url which will allow them to log in with their user name and password to OWA. Our current set up is a sonicwall firewall/vpn device with everything behind it. I want them to be able to use the OWA without having to use the VPN. I have been using the book Mastering Exchange server 2003 (By Barry Gerber) as my guide and have followed step by step how to map the drive and get it s...

2003 OWA Error
Continue to get this error on a few machine when using 2003 OWA: There has been an error removing certificates from this workstation. Error: (0x800a01b6): Object doesn't support this property or method Also, this error seems to help concurrently with being unable to respond to e-mail via OWA with message "An unknown error happened! Would appreciate any help from someone who has discovered the solution to this result. ...