OWA - message field not accessable

When using OWA - cannot type in any portion of the message
field. Applies to both new messages and reply to received
messages.  Small 'button' with "X" in upper left corner
seems to provide no function.  Left click non functional-
right click pulldown menu provides some functions but
nothing relevant to problem.

Subject field DOES accept characters OK & is only means to
send memos at present.

Solutions or ideas welcome.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of
Exchange, not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, pplguy asked:

| When using OWA - cannot type in any portion of the message
| field. Applies to both new messages and reply to received
| messages.  Small 'button' with "X" in upper left corner
| seems to provide no function.  Left click non functional-
| right click pulldown menu provides some functions but
| nothing relevant to problem.
|
| Subject field DOES accept characters OK & is only means to
| send memos at present.
|
| Solutions or ideas welcome.  Thanks

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

How can I update a field in another table when using forms?
I have a form that user inputs a protocol number into. This form is called "Protocol_Index". When the user first inputs this protocol number, right after they have to to another form, which they easily do by pressing a button that takes them there. However when I have all the data in the tables for both "Couple_Index" and "Protocol_Index" this seems to work fine. What happens is when they are searching for a record based on a protocol number in the "Protocol_Index" form they simply press a button to take them to the "Couple_Index" fo...

Publisher Mail Merge with Access
Trying to merge a publisher document with access. When I go to select my data source in access, the query that I want to merge with is not availble as a selection. Could this be because the query requires specific criteria to be entered before the query is generated? Thanks for your help! Can't speak to the criteria specifics, I only know I can merge with an Access query. You could open the Access help or go to an Access newsgroup. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy" &l...

Powerpoint access excel graphs
Hello Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into an access database, and i now want to pull the results back through and create graphs from them! What would be the best way to do this? Ive tried to link through excel with an access adodc and then back to powerpoint but that doesnt seem to work! Can anyone help? thanks Nick In article <5373cd2e-068f-44e9-abf1- 408cac5a6bdd@j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote: > Hello > > Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into > an access database, an...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Read-only fields based on security role
On a given tab, certain fields I want to be read-only for most users, except for roles "system admins" or "system customizers". These roles would be the ones needing to update the fields periodically. Is there an easy OnLoad js for this? I know how to make fields read-only and/or disabled on a global basis, just not on a peruser or security group level. The c360 field security addon would definately do what I need, but is too expensive to justify for us. Thanks. There is no easy onload script for this, but you could write javascript that calls a web service wh...

re: slow OWA

HQ Dynamic vs Static fields
Does anybody have a map of all the HQ / SO fields identifing if they are Dynamic or static fields? Currently I'm trying to update the custom fields in the Item record and need to know if I have to do it manually in all databases, or do it in HQ ( I haven't found a worksheet to propigate these fields). Thanks, TomT What exactly is it that you are trying to update, is it the custom captions? or the information in the custom fields en masse? I have commands to change the custom captions if that is what you need. -- Jenny "TomT" wrote: > Does anybody have a ma...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

How to add new Lookup Fields ?
Hi I need to add new lookup field to some entities (or add some workaround that satisfy the same needings). For instance I need to add (somethink like) a lookup field to the Quote to refer to another Account (<Potential Supplier>) different from the standard field <Potential Customer>. I have the same needings for Orders, Invoices, Opportunities. How can I solve this ? Thanks Sebastiano Adding lookup fields is not available in this release. "Sebastiano Castrini" <[remove this]castrini@libero.it> wrote in message news:eGxksaHTDHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Populate empty fields with a number
I have a a column which has 3 possibilites, 1,2 or 3. I have already populated fields with either a 1 or 2 based on another query. I wish to populate the remainder of fields which have no content with 3. I have tried to write the query as UPDATE dbase SET dbase.[field] = 3 WHERE dbase.[field] <> 1 AND <> 2. But this doesn't work, and have tried UPDATE dbase SET dbase.[field] = 3 WHERE dbase.[field] = "", and this doesn't work either. Data type mismatch occurs on last query. Any help would be great? Cheers -- Paul Wilson Paul, You might try: UPDATE dbas...

Why does OWA...

RW and Cal Fields
Is there a way to provide a restriction on a modified report in RW on a calc field? Want to get a aged inventory listing - using a calc field to customise for our needs but only want to see where calc field exists below a certain day number.. how do i go about this? In restrictions it only allows table fields not calc fields... Thanks Theo :) Theo, You can suppress a data band depending on a value. So create a cormula that returns a 1 if the date exceeds the bounds you want (and displays the band) or returns a zero and suppresses the band. You wull have to use the calculated field as ...

LIMITATION ON ACCESS 2003 DATABASE
Could anyone tell me whether there is a limit to the number of records which can be stored in a table in an Access 2003 database. I have an Access dbase with approximately 8463 records already and growing day by day. I find that sometimes all records can't be read (I run a document management system from the database whereby I lookup data and documents previously created). After getting the error I rebuild and compact the database and all runs fine for a while again. Then it doesn't read all the records again for some or other reason. I repeat the process and all fine. Is there a limit...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...