OWA access via HTTP mail? (or other bulk forward OWA option)

I have an Exchange account that is only accessible via OWA; they have
disabled Exchange and IMAP access. They are running an older version of
Exchange, probably 2000.

I want to download/forward all the mail in the account. Is there a way that
I can use the HTTP Mail account support in Outlook (2003) to access the
account? Are there any other options?

Thanks.

Dan

0
Dan

Yes, set the OWA URL as the server location. I believe it is an unsupported
feature though.

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Dan Stevenson" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> I have an Exchange account that is only accessible via OWA; they have
> disabled Exchange and IMAP access. They are running an older version of
> Exchange, probably 2000.
>
> I want to download/forward all the mail in the account. Is there a way
that
> I can use the HTTP Mail account support in Outlook (2003) to access the
> account? Are there any other options?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dan

0
Roady
4/12/2004 6:34:31 PM
use the owa url, including the mailbox name:

http://owa.server.com/exchange/alias

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dan Stevenson" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange account that is only accessible via OWA; they have
> disabled Exchange and IMAP access. They are running an older version of
> Exchange, probably 2000.
>
> I want to download/forward all the mail in the account. Is there a way
> that
> I can use the HTTP Mail account support in Outlook (2003) to access the
> account? Are there any other options?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dan

0
info2937 (567)

Access a Share with an "impersonation" account
I have done some research on this but so far all I have found is how to setup an impersonation account on an IIs server and access it via an ASP.NET app. We have a need to set up a network share, restrict all regular users from even seeing any files that may be in there withthe Windows browser, but have an app that any of these users may run that can see and access files in that file share. I know there has to be a way to do this. I would appreciate any advice. Joe Cool wrote: > I have done some research on this but so far all I have found is how > to setup an impersonati...

forwarding mail to distribution group to a public folder
i want to make mails from a specific mail adress (out of domain) and comes to a distribution folder to be copied to a public folder i can do this by using the email adress of the public folder (without any outlook rules) but i want to this with the e-mail adress of the dist group ...

Publisher Mail Merge with Access
Trying to merge a publisher document with access. When I go to select my data source in access, the query that I want to merge with is not availble as a selection. Could this be because the query requires specific criteria to be entered before the query is generated? Thanks for your help! Can't speak to the criteria specifics, I only know I can merge with an Access query. You could open the Access help or go to an Access newsgroup. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy" &l...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Setting up Windows Mail 02-20-10
So i have a Vista and have i've been trying for hours to set up Outlook-Windows Mail and i keep getting this msg. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'm not very computer smart when it comes to this kind of stuff. PLEASE HELP! The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Test', Account: 'POP3 (1)', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Which are you trying to set up. Windows Mail, or Outlook? Either ...

Recurring e-mail message
Outlook 2000. I know that you can delay delivery of an e- mail via the Options button. But, is there a way that you can set it up in Outlook so that the same e-mail message is automatically sent on the 5th of each month to the same multiple addresses? As usual, any and all assistance is greatly appreciate. Mac. "BigMac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:028901c53b94$bb584510$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2000. I know that you can delay delivery of an e- > mail via the Options button. But, is there a way that you > can set it up in Outloo...

Powerpoint access excel graphs
Hello Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into an access database, and i now want to pull the results back through and create graphs from them! What would be the best way to do this? Ive tried to link through excel with an access adodc and then back to powerpoint but that doesnt seem to work! Can anyone help? thanks Nick In article <5373cd2e-068f-44e9-abf1- 408cac5a6bdd@j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote: > Hello > > Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into > an access database, an...

I can't send any mail from my exchange server to my pop3 server.
I just recently setup a pop3 server for a few people here at work. Whenever any on the exchange server tries to send to the pop3 server they get a delivery failure stating the host is unknown. I can send and recieve e-mail inside the pop3 server but anytime someone with an exchange address tries to send to the pop3 server it gives them an error. Any help would be great. I am using Exchange 5.5. You'll need to provide more info. Start with checking name resolution is working correctly. Nue "tding" <tdingledine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150976903.911750.11836...

Access 2007 Saving report in RTF
I'm using Access 2007 and deploying a small app with the runtime. One of the choices for saving a report is to use the RTF format - which makes it viewable in WORD. However, the sole picture in the report - which is saved in a control of the Type ATTACHMENT does not display when the file is opened in WORD. It will however, print when the record is printed. This seems to be odd to me - how do I get the picture to display with the rest of the record in WORD ? I cannot use the bound object control as I get the OLE server not registered, and running the regexe tool will not correct...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

how to import outlook express mail
I copied the outlook express folder to another computer and i want to import all my mail from the outlook express folder dbx files into my Outlook. How can i go about doing this. First you'll need to import all of your Outlook Express data into Outlook Express on the new computer. If you need help with that step, go to http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com for complete instructions on backup and restoration of OE data. Once you have the OE files established on the new machine, use File | Export in OE or File | Import and Export in Outlook to get the data into Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello...

PDF not an option in file type in reports
I have installed the full version of Acrobat 5. Even installed Acrobat PDFWriter Files. However, still the dropdown on file types in reports does not contain pdf. Please let me know what steps am I missing. ...

Outlook XP
When clicking on the "Send" button in Outlook XP to send a message - the message just stays on the screen and doesn't get sent. Receiving mail works fine as does forwarding and replying. I only have a problem with new e-mail messages.the e-mail client uses an SMTP server on a network to send - All messages stay in the outbox and the account settings appear to be OK. However when the Send button is selected they do not get sent and stay in the outbox and no error message appears. Any help on this would be gratefully received Michael Hewson MCP Have similar problem, but my pr...

re: slow OWA

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

how do I move e-mails from Outlook 2000 to Outlook express?
I was wondering if it were possible to move messages from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express (or vice versa). My parents use Outlook express, but accidently have several e-mails in Outlook 2000. Before I remove the account they have in Outlook 2000, I want to make certain that they have their e-mail in Outlook Express. My parents aren't very computer literate so they prefer Outlook express because of it is simple. BTW, for some reason I can't forward messages in Outlook 2000.. There is no forward button, and I can't seem to find a way to forward it (tried to find it in toolb...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Exchange 2000 migration to outside mail source
Setup: Win 2k server running exchange 2000 How can I setup Exchange to tell internal clients to search the outside mail server fro recipients first, instead of the Exchange server? When someone sends a message from an internal source we want the message to look for the recipient on the outside mail server and not the Exchange server. Is there anyway to do this? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks, Devin So are you hosting your own SMTP mail with Exchange? Please explain your setup a little more. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...

Restricting access #2
Hi, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server. We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to do this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and not having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..? I probably try to set them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any thoughts? Thanks. Mitch POP3 does not support public folders. You can have clients access the PFs using OWA - http/https://server.domain.com/public - you woul...

Refreshing Access data in Excel
I have exported the data from an Access query into Excel, but I want the data to refresh whenever the Excel spreadsheet is opened. However, the "Refresh Data" button is greyed out. I've tried to Import Data from the Excel side, but message I get is that I do not have permission to access the Access query data. I do need to use a password to open the Access program and I'm wondering how I can allow any user to open the spreadsheet and see the spreadsheet with the most recent data (which is only refreshed every 24 hours). What do I need to do to resolve this issue? Help!...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...