overlapping appointments?

I've entered the information for a couple of classes that I'm taking into
Outlook 2003.  One class runs from 13:35 until 15:20, and the other one
starts at 15:25.

Despite there being 5 minutes between the end of one class and the start of
the next, Outlook insists on showing them as overlapping appointments and
tells me that they conflict.

So is there any way of telling the program to smarten up?  It's obviously
not critical, it just doesn't look very good when I'm looking at it in the
Day or Week views.

Oddly enough, it only happens with that one class.  the other classes and
appointments that I've got entered in there appear fine, even when they're
back-to back like the one I mentioned.

Paul Fedorenko <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote:

> I've entered the information for a couple of classes that I'm taking
> into Outlook 2003.  One class runs from 13:35 until 15:20, and the
> other one starts at 15:25.
>
> Despite there being 5 minutes between the end of one class and the
> start of the next, Outlook insists on showing them as overlapping
> appointments and tells me that they conflict.

I suspect it's because the five minute gap is less than the granularity of
your Calendar time slots.  To what value do you have that set?  However, I
just set up what you describe and I get no messages about conflicts, even
though the boxes containing the appointment overlap.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Difficulty sending appointment requests in OL2003 to OL97 Users
I have exchange server with a bunch of clients mostly using Outlook 97. We got a new computer with Office 2003 on it and found that using Outlook 2003 (on the only computer we have using Outlook 2003), when the client sends a request for an appointment to attendees in the Global Address Book, the recipient never gets the request. The appointment just remains there saying that no one has responded yet. Outlook 97 users can all send appointments to other users no problem..and the Outlook 2003 user can accept appointment requests. But she cannot send it out. Does anyone have any ideas why th...

overlapping reservation
Is there a way to prevent overlapping of calendar reservations. I am using outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. Thanks, On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:13:50 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to prevent overlapping of calendar reservations. I am using >outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. > > >Thanks, > > How are you doing this? Normal sending of meeting requests will show a conflict. Where are you doing all this through? I am using a room reservation account as a resource. I do not want staff to overlap reservation. "Mark Arno...

moving text when overlapping images
Is there anything I can do in order to get my text in my text box from moving when I overlap another text box or a graphic? I have my text centered in the box and I would like to add a graphic overlapping the corner and when I place it to overlap my text moves over. I have played with the "order" settings but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have a trick to function? I am using publisher 2003 Thanks Suzanne sbrimley <sbrimley@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there anything I can do in order to get my text in my text box > from...

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...

appointment end time
Hi experts, using Outlook '03... When setting an appointment, the default duration between the start and end times is 30 min. Can I change that to 1 hr without changing anything else? Thanks, alex depends how you are opening the new appointment form. if the time scale is 1 hr, appointments default to 1 hr when you click on the calendar. but if you use the new button, it will remain 30 min. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outloo...

Unable to promote an Outlook appointment into CRM 3.0
Hi, We have a user here who can not promote an outlook appointment to CRM. The message shows: The CRM server is not available or the user does not have sufficient rights. I've checked the userrights, he can do everything with the activities (make, read, write, delete, assign...); he can promote Tasks to the CRM system no problem with that. He also can use the Outlook Desktop client without problems to lookup accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, everything and (where he has access) to create and update new objects. Before this problem de Outlook CRM addin was not enabled, whe...

To-Do Bar does not show todays appointments
I like the TO-Do bar in Outlook 2007 which I am testing on my 60 day trial. There is a problem though. It does not show the appointments for the current day? Is this a defect or is it by design. Is there a way to fix it? Are they all day events? It only shows timed appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSO...

Outlook 2002: Opening appointment in Shared Calendar causes it to be copied into your own calendar
I have a weird problem with our department shared calendar. If you open up an appointment within it to see more details, the appointment appears in your own calendar - even though it might be nothing to do with you. I have no idea what might be causing it as it appears to effect everyone, and there are no rules setup on the public folder. We use outlook xp and exchange 2000. Anyone seen this before? In news:1138967876.513592.114670@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, QH <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> typed: > I have a weird problem with our department shared calendar. If you > open up ...

Overlapping Labels
I'm building charts with VBA and was wondering if there was a way to prevent data labels from overlapping one another when the data points are close together. > I'm building charts with VBA and was wondering if there was a way to prevent > data labels from overlapping one another when the data points are close > together. Nothing built-in I'm afraid. In theory, I guess you could write some VBA code to space out the labels, but trying to create something generic would be extremely difficult. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.BMSLtd.co.uk ...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

Appointments in web interface
Hello there! Why CRM closes automatically an appointment when its scheduled day passes? Moreover, why it disappears from the Workplace -> Calendar? Can we: 1. Reopen the Closed Appointment so that we can edit it? (we want to write down the result of the appointment or change its duration, but we don't get back at the office until next day) 2. Prevent the apointments from dissapearing so that we can have a full calendar view of the past days? Give me your ideas (supported or not)... Thanks in advanced, Elena I called to support and they say to me who this behavior is the default beh...

add travelling time or preparation time in front an appointment
I would like to have a travelling time in front of my appointment so that i know when to leave the office and still see the start time of the actual meeting ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defa...

Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80070005 while saving appointment #2
Is anyone familiar with this error on Exchange 2003? All the KB's I can find on it refer to Exchange 2000 and virus scanners accessing the M drive, which obviously isn't the problem on 2003. Its only affecting one user and it is manifesting in the shape of thousands of calendar invitations moving back and forth between us and a client. Any suggestions would be great at this point since I'm absoltely stumped. If its any more help I now see that all of the thousands of replies are acceptance or denials for the meeting. The strange thing is that email email is for a different...

Arggg! (as Popeye would say)... years of wrong appointment times
My boss (of course) has several years of Outlook appointments both in the past and scheduled for the future, that are exactly four hours off. I think this happened in a recent upgrade from 98 to XP Pro. Now the computer clock is set right, but all the the appoints are four hours off. Any ideas on how to fix this without resetting 100's of appointments? Thanks in advance Tom Gordon http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041012.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) ...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder
Hi, I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Any thoughts? Do they get added to the calendar before they are deleted? Does this person have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Caledar set to automatically accept? Also, does the person have the option set to delete blank and voting options turned on? One last thing to check, does the user have any rules defined that affect appointment items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

Recurring Appointments #2
Hi I am trying to set up recurring appointments in CRM 4.0. I have created two custom attributes and inserted them on the appointment form. The first attribute is a picklist with Yes/No for Recurring appointment (Default value is NO) and the second attribute is for the number of recurrences. I am aware that I can create a workflow which confirms that the Recurring appointment is Yes and creates a new appointment. I would like to ask if someone could please assist me with the number of recurrences. I need to fire the workflow for each number of recurrence. I am not quite sure how to d...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...

Outlook 2003
Every time I get back to the office after being away for a while, my screen gets barraged with appointment reminders when I launch Outlook. It�s an annoyance; I�m never interested in what�s occurred in the past, just what�s upcoming. Is there any way to suppress these? Thanks, A_C turn off reminders - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www....

Unknown User when Sending Appointments on Behalf.
To all- I have a secreatry who sets up appointments on behalf of a partner here. However, when recipients accept or reject the appointment the message gets bounced back saying The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Her account is functioning properly otherwise. Using Exchange 2000 in conjuction w/ Outlook 2002. ...

Opening another user's appointments
How do I open another user's calendar and appointments using the Outlook Object Model? Take a look at the Namespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder method. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/ju...

Links not working when hiding overlapping textboxes
Hi I have a unique animation challenge. I have 10 action buttons in a row on the left of a slide that bring up text boxes on the right of the slide. The right starts empty, and with each action button clicked, a text box appears, grows, and "flies" in from the area near its corresponding action button to the right side of the slide using a combination of effects. I do this by: Upon the slide loading, using the disappear effect on all 10, as well as shrinking them all to 25% size. When the corresponding action button for each text box is clicked, the text box app...

Dismissed Appointments keep coming back
For the last several days, appointments that I have dismissed keep coming back. Any ideas on a solution would be greatly appreciated. This is O2000 running under WinXP Home. thanks, Henry Try this - Start->run->"outlook.exe /cleanreminders" without the quotes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer HenWin <no_mail@yahoo.com> asked: | For the last several days,...

Where can I find online appointment scheduling template?
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a template for publisher 2003 that allows a client to setup a date and time for a hair appointment online. For example; The client goes to the webpage and keys in the following: 1. Name 2. Date 3. Time 4. Hair style they desire. 5. Then either an email is sent to the shop or there is an online database that allow the hair stylist to login and see who's scheduled to see them for the next week, 2 weeks month etc. Thanks to all that comment, ...

Disappearing Outlook Appointments
Good Afternoon, We are using the CRM Outlook client(Offline enabled) with UR7 and CRM 4.0 server with UR6. One user has been experiencing appointments that disappear from his calendar. There is nothing unusual in his event logs, the appointment was there this morning when he tracked it in CRM. Now serveral hours later the appointment is in the CRM system, but in his Outlook it was in his Deleted Items folder and no longer being tracked in CRM. The client syncs every 35 minutes and it was fine until 2 hours before the meeting. The appointment was form another CRM user who had not change...

How to close CRM appointments in Outlook
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to close an appointment that is created in Outlook using the CRM appointment functionality? I am able to create an appointment and link it to an account/contact/opportunity, but I cannot see how to close it in Outlook. Is the only solution to go into the browser based CRM product to close it? ...