When I use VPN to connect to work from home, the outlook
can not finish sending outgoing emails. The progress bar
moves to the end but then stops there forever. It can
never finish. The receiving of new incoming emails work
fine. All other network functionality works, e.g. internet
browsing, telnet, ftp, etc, all work fine.
My system is win2k. I use linksys wireless DSL router.
I'd appreciate any hint!
0
yutaofeng (1)

Are you using Exchange server? I'd set up your mail profile to prompt you to
work offline or online - when using VPN, work offline with scheduled syncs.

If not using exchange, post back with more info - where are the mail servers
located, and are you sure you're using the right SMTP server and
authenticating to it if need be?

Yutao Feng wrote:
> When I use VPN to connect to work from home, the outlook
> can not finish sending outgoing emails. The progress bar
> moves to the end but then stops there forever. It can
> never finish. The receiving of new incoming emails work
> fine. All other network functionality works, e.g. internet
> browsing, telnet, ftp, etc, all work fine.
> My system is win2k. I use linksys wireless DSL router.
> I'd appreciate any hint!

0
lanwench (7567)

How can I transfer emails in a Mailbox folder to a USB device?
I have a large number of emails saved in a folder in my Mail box. Some of the emails have files attached, and some do not. I want to save all the emails (including the attachments) to a USB device. You cannot, assuming you are referring to Outlook you can only copy the data file in its entirety, which can then only be accessed within Outlook. You could save the emails as eml files and save the attachments seperately "Harrinton" <Harrinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F90EC062-4359-42E9-96FD-F88EA6536F09@microsoft.com... > I have a large numb...

Can't get Firefox to open .html files as a limited user
I have set Firefox to open .html and .htm under my admin account but under a limited user it uses Internet Explorer to open them. How can I fix that? Thanks. change the settings in the account, elevate it temporarily to make the changes. Mint wrote: > I have set Firefox to open .html and .htm under my admin account but > under a limited user it uses Internet Explorer to open them. > > How can I fix that? > > Thanks. Ask in a Firefox newsgroup, HoopleHead. "Mint" <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:024004f0-a8ae...

Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted
Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted Just send me 50$ to my paypal account sethb at panix.com and join http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/laptop-tapers/ and post about your competitiors domain I will complain to the domain registrar of your competitiors domain 50 times and get your competitior's domain deleted This is so easy and you are getting all these for only 50$ Regards, Seth Breidbart On 24 Sep 2006 05:44:15 -0700, SethBreidbart@gmail.com wrote: >Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted > >Just send me 50$ to my paypal account sethb at panix.com >and join >http://...

Can't send attachments #9
So I compose my mail and I add an attachment but then nothing happens when I click "send". Literally. I know it's not a size issue (it's only a .doc). Can somebody please help me? I am desperate. Thanks. Jack P.S. I am running Office 2003 on an XP Home machine. Jack <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote: > So I compose my mail and I add an attachment but then nothing happens > when I click "send". Literally. I know it's not a size issue (it's > only a .doc). Does the message appear in the Outbox? Does it get moved to Sent Items (if you have that ...

sending BBC's using outlook express #2
I want to send a newsletter to members of my newsgroup but don't want to share their addresses with each other, so sending BBC's would seem to be the best option. But.... the system won't let me send more than 4. Is this an inbuilt restriction, or do I have a particular problem with the way my system is set up. If so, is there another way I achieve my aim? ...

Get an email to pick up an attachment
What I want to achieve is to have excel open outlook and send a specific email which is to pick up an attachment (which will be created by excel) witha specific name and then emailed. Does anybody know if this is at all possible? Any help much appreciated, kind regards, Mark Ron de Bruin is an Excel MVP and "King of Emailing from Excel" (IMHO). He's got tons of information here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Mark Stephens" <mark@sentryi.com> wrote in message news:dciv6n$ec5$1@mawar.singnet.c...

6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas?
6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2AC4BE-5044-42D6-8F86-CCE55F79534D@microsoft.com... > 6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? Click File and check Work Offline. Stop and restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Email Sales Literature in MSCRM 3
I can't believe they haven't upgraded the lousy Sales Literature usability in 3.0. Do you still have to actually download and then upload every single time you want to attach a PDF file stored as sales literature? Please, please, tell me I'm missing something here. ...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

Can't get rid of "Microsoft User Data" folder in Documents Folder
I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time I use Office VX, it reapears. Changing the name of the Documents folder didn't work, Office VX just created a new one Does anyone know how to move it to another location? Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks Paul On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:36:29 -0600, Paul Sweeney wrote (in article <ef3e5d49.0411231636.74f3ad9c@posting.google.com>): > I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which > appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time ...

getting pixels in an array out of an picture control
Hi, I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not an Dib so I can't use the methode GetBits or GetPitch. How can I get the picture data in an array out of an picture control? Thank you for your help kind regards jorge try this on image.m_hBitmap use GetDIBits(...) on the handle you obtain above to get the data. "J�rg Weber" <j.weber@wincan.com> wrote in message news:#M3hMh6qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not > an Dib so I can't use the...

When I try to email I get this error "The host 'MSN' could not b.
I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell me how to sync it with my MSN account? KILLERK, you wrote on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:48:21 -0800: > I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell me > how to sync it with my MSN account? See if http://www.marchert.de/outlook.html helps. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net KILLERK <KILLERK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have had trouble using this since day 1. Can someone please tell > me how to sync it with my MSN account? "Use Outlook with MS...

emails with attachments never reach their destination
I just bought a new computer and have Windows XP with Office Outlook 2003. I use it for my business and have to send out lists of equipment to customers. If I ad the list as an attachment, it is sent, but no one ever receives it. I've sent it to my other computer using another email address not on this computer, but it never shows up either. I can paste the list and it will be received, but not as an attachment. What can I do, I have to send pictures of equipment as well as information about equipment, and sending it all as attachments was much easier what email client is use...

Outlook 2003 over VPN #3
Here is our setup: Windows XP / 2000 Pro Users with Outlook 2003 Remote Connection: Microsoft builtin PPTP VPN w/ Broadband Connection Corporate Env: Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Server. Problem: Many users complain that their Outlook does not work after connecting over VPN. Offline is opening fine. Outlook just hangs and becomes unresponsive. Tried all tricks - recreating profile, repairing, reinstalling etc. Also when tested using Dialup connection - Outlook Opens fine. Checked all settings and all looks okay. VPN connecting alright and client able to ping Exchange serv...

Emails disapearing from inbox after 2 seconds
For the last week some of my emails have been disapearing from my inbox after a couple of seconds. They are not in my junk folder. My ISP says its not a problem their end. I am considering reistalling windows mail but don't really know what I'm doing so am reluctant to do this if there is another solution - this may not fix anyway and would I loose all my emails currently in my inbox? Thanks "Alyson" <Alyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38D77DDD-CB64-4715-B760-ADB63D630C16@microsoft.com... > For the last week some of my ema...

Outlook Junk Filter is filtering good emails sometime
I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to never filter emails from his address. Using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 Frank. Can you add them to the Safe Senders list? "WizardOnTheRun" <frank.perryman@dadeservice.com> wrote in message news:1186663659.958194.221190@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the > junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to > never filter emails from his addre...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma ...

Can't send my emails
My Op Sys is Vista with windows mail 6.0.6 for Vista and att.net email address. Incoming Mail Server POP3 - ipostoffice.att.net, port 465. Outgoing Mail Server SMTP - imailhost.att.net, Port 995. The SSL boxes are each checked. I have been using these settings for a couple of years. Today I connected through a new wireless site and downloaded my email without any problem but none of my responses will go out. When I click on send I get the following message: 'The server you are counnected to is using a Security Certificate that could not be verified. The Certificates CN ...

Send As? (cross) #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me how to allow a member of a (W2K AD domain) security or distribution group to Send As (using the From field in Outlook) the group - meaning that replies to this email will return to the group. I've tried to do it on the Groups Security tab, adding the user and allowing "Send" - but this doesn't work right away - should I perhaps restart the server or stop/start the mailstore? Thanx! Jakob H. Heidelberg Denmark > Can anybody tell me how to allow a member of a (W2K AD domain) security or > distribution group to Send As (using the From field...

VPN to recognize dongle
Hi Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 ar not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citri environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Termina Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we'r wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity t recognize the dongle Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rizza, Setup RMS as you normally would pointing the pos machine to the server as if it were a LAN. Setup up your VPN and connect, once connected open POS it will recognize the dongle. If you leave the PO...

Formula to get 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th Sundays from month end date.
Need cell formula or UDF that will return the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Sunday's dates in cells when the month end date is given in a cell. For example: In cell P1, a date of 10/31/05 is entered. I need the following dates: In cell F3 10/02/05 (the 1st Sunday in October) In cell H3 10/09/05 (the 2nd Sunday in October) In cell J3 10/16/05 (the 3rd Sunday in October) In cell L3 10/23/05 (the 4th Sunday in October) In cell N3 10/30/05 (the 5th Sunday in October) Any formula suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mikeburg -- mikeburg --------------------------------------------...

Getting the entry of a Named Range
I have a Named Range called VERSION, in which I update every time I make a new version of the workbook. In my macro, I want to grab this value. ThisWorkbook.Names("VERSION").Value returns "=UPDATES!$D$16". How should I change that line to return the value which is Cell D16 on my UPDATES tab? -- TIA, Brad E. Brad, To get the value use MyVar = ThisWorkbook.Names("Version").RefersToRange -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering...

Help! My scroll bars have disappeared. Any ideas how to get them back?

Counting Emails in a Group?
I would like to add a column or field that would give me the total number of emails in a group of emails. For instance, if in a given folder, if I have 500 emails grouped by date, I would like each group to give me a count of emails in that group. ...

Getting started with Catalog Merge
I am working on my first catalog. I have a silly question... can anyone send me examples or know of any links I can go to to help me get started on some ideas. Thank you. Vicky victoria_a75@hotmail.com There is a good demo here and a training course that will help as well as assistance articles. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989710B5-2BC4-476E-B14F-3CE46A9D18AB@micr...