Over 500 PSTs on 1 PC

I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.

The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
constantly.

Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.

Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
machine.

So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
years.

--
Robbzilla

Robbzilla wrote:
> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
> has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>
> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
> And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
> PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
> constantly.
>
> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>
> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
> machine.
>
> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
> obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
> them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
> referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
> years.

How, exactly, did you open the .PST files on the new computer?

Alias
Assuming the data was migrated correctly then it should function as before.
Is there any Antivirus software intergrated with Outllook, or any other new
addins

Not withstanding this a pst, a not a replacement for user created folders
and as such the user should be instructed, after all how much time can it
take to work though 6 at a time. As it is a receipe for data loss, and then
the user will have considerable downtime, whilst the data is being rebuilt

"Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
> has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>
> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
> And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
> PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
> constantly.
>
> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>
> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
> machine.
>
> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
> obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
> them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
> referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
> years.
>

> --
> Robbzilla

0
DL
3/16/2009 6:12:57 PM
What version of outlook is on the new machine? If 2003, do you have all the
latest patches and updates installed? I believe there was a hotfix for
profiles with more than 50 pst's in them (but I can't find the KB at the
moment).

You really need to get her to reduce the number of psts - its not a very
productive way to work. If you have an exchange server she should not be
using any psts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
> has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>
> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
> And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
> PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
> constantly.
>
> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>
> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
> machine.
>
> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
> obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
> them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
> referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
> years.
>

> --
> Robbzilla

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/16/2009 6:48:45 PM
Robbzilla <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote:
> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new
> HP has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>
> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are
> expanded). And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of
> corruption in the PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and
> personal folders constantly.
>
> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>
> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
> machine.
>
> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions?
> The obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and
> merging them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time,
> and keeps referring back to the old machine where her setup has
> worked for 3 years.

Honestly, that's beyond insane. Is this a paying customer? If they doesn't
have Exchange, get them a hosted Exchange service. I wouldn't touch this
mess with a ten-foot pole, let alone support it.

0
lanwench1 (65)
3/16/2009 9:43:20 PM
In message <e6RX7wppJHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> "Lanwench [MVP -
Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com>
was claimed to have wrote:

>Robbzilla <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote:
>> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
>> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new
>> HP has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>>
>> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
>> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
>> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are
>> expanded). And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of
>> corruption in the PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and
>> personal folders constantly.
>>
>> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
>> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
>> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>>
>> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
>> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
>> machine.
>>
>> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions?
>> The obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and
>> merging them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time,
>> and keeps referring back to the old machine where her setup has
>> worked for 3 years.
>
>Honestly, that's beyond insane. Is this a paying customer? If they doesn't
>have Exchange, get them a hosted Exchange service. I wouldn't touch this
>mess with a ten-foot pole, let alone support it.

While it certainly sounds like a mess, how would moving to Exchange
help?  Most of the "I lost my PST" horror stories I've had the pleasure
to consult at have Exchange servers and most of those are configured
such that it all but forces users to still use PSTs.

Using 563 PSTs is just poor management, sure, but switching the primary
store to Exchange won't help that.
BTW - there are stored on the local machine, not on the network or in a
roaming profile? If they are networked, it can cause corruption.  Are you
using an image so the computers are 100% identical, down to the patches?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
> has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>
> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
> And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
> PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
> constantly.
>
> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>
> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
> machine.
>
> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
> obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
> them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
> referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
> years.
>

> --
> Robbzilla

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/17/2009 3:24:45 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907651 - it was added to SP3 so you should
have it installed if everything is truly identical except for the hardware.

--

> What version of outlook is on the new machine? If 2003, do you have all
> the latest patches and updates installed? I believe there was a hotfix for
> profiles with more than 50 pst's in them (but I can't find the KB at the
> moment).
>
> You really need to get her to reduce the number of psts - its not a very
> productive way to work. If you have an exchange server she should not be
> using any psts.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was a
>> Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The new HP
>> has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new dual-core job.
>>
>> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
>> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
>> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are expanded).
>> And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of corruption in the
>> PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and personal folders
>> constantly.
>>
>> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's old
>> and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this issue.
>> She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>>
>> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
>> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
>> machine.
>>
>> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions? The
>> obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and merging
>> them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time, and keeps
>> referring back to the old machine where her setup has worked for 3
>> years.
>>

>> --
>> Robbzilla

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/17/2009 11:34:13 AM
'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
> ;296987']BTW - there are stored on the local machine, not on the network
> or in a
> roaming profile? If they are networked, it can cause corruption.  Are
> you
> using an image so the computers are 100% identical, down to the
> patches?

Yes. It's a corporate image, completely controlled and not allowing
users to make many changes. No addins running either. The files are all
locally stored on her HD and no roaming profiles are used.

--
Robbzilla
Dave Warren <dave-usenet@djwcomputers.com> wrote:
> In message <e6RX7wppJHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> "Lanwench [MVP -
> Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com>
> was claimed to have wrote:
>
>> Robbzilla <Robbzilla.404316f@outlookbanter.com> wrote:
>>> I have a user who's been migrated to a new machine. Her old one was
>>> a Dell GX270 with about 256MB RAM and XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The
>>> new HP has the same software, but has 2GB RAM and is a new
>>> dual-core job.
>>>
>>> The user has 563 PSTs. I wish I were exagerrating. She literally has
>>> some of these with 1 email in them. She has all of them "opened" in
>>> outlook (By that I mean she has them loaded, but not all are
>>> expanded). And... surprise, surprise, she's getting a lot of
>>> corruption in the PSTs, giving her problems opening emails and
>>> personal folders constantly.
>>>
>>> Here's the kicker: The original machine runs them just fine. It's
>>> old and slow, but it chugs along and doesn't seem plagued with this
>>> issue. She has all of the files open in the same manner, and works.
>>>
>>> Intensely frustrating, let me tell you. She refuses to believe that
>>> having 563 PSTs open is a bad thing because they work on the old
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> So, has anyone ever seen anything of this caliber? Any suggestions?
>>> The obvious one of "Close them" isn't an option at this time, and
>>> merging them down isn't either. This user claims not to have time,
>>> and keeps referring back to the old machine where her setup has
>>> worked for 3 years.
>>
>> Honestly, that's beyond insane. Is this a paying customer? If they
>> doesn't have Exchange, get them a hosted Exchange service. I
>> wouldn't touch this mess with a ten-foot pole, let alone support it.
>
> While it certainly sounds like a mess, how would moving to Exchange
> help?  Most of the "I lost my PST" horror stories I've had the
> pleasure to consult at have Exchange servers and most of those are
> configured such that it all but forces users to still use PSTs.
>
> Using 563 PSTs is just poor management, sure, but switching the
> primary store to Exchange won't help that.

It won't stop the stupid user tricks (although you can make it pretty darn
difficult for users to even create PST files). It's true that there are
seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems, as they say.

But it at least would mean that the data lived in managed storage and was
being backed up. If you've been working in places that had Exchange and
users still had PSTs, those companies either had an official policy that
said "here's your quota - what won't fit we won't support" or were just not
smart enough to have one - or they were being run by people who didn't know
how to manage Exchange properly.

0
lanwench1 (65)
3/17/2009 8:35:32 PM
That's good to hear. :)  The risk of corrupt would be high if they were on a
network.

How were all 563 added to the profile? Was the old profile migrated to the
new computer? If so, this could be part of the problem.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.405d74e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> 'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
>> ;296987']BTW - there are stored on the local machine, not on the network
>> or in a
>> roaming profile? If they are networked, it can cause corruption.  Are
>> you
>> using an image so the computers are 100% identical, down to the
>> patches?
>
> Yes. It's a corporate image, completely controlled and not allowing
> users to make many changes. No addins running either. The files are all
> locally stored on her HD and no roaming profiles are used.
>

> --
> Robbzilla

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/18/2009 2:24:52 AM
'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
> ;297161']That's good to hear. :)  The risk of corrupt would be high if
> they were on a
> network.
>
> How were all 563 added to the profile? Was the old profile migrated to
> the
> new computer? If so, this could be part of the problem.

The tech added them via a script after creating a profile.  The old
profile was not migrated.  Apparantly the tech who used the script had
to break it up into 4 scripts to handle the load...

Heh... she just got a 2nd PC(laptop) and wanted us to put those psts on
the network for sharing purposes... NOT happening if I have anything to
do with it.

--
Robbzilla
It wouldn't surprise me if the problem is related to adding them with the

So she has the potential to have 3 copies of each pst on 3 different
machines? (old, new, laptop) Ouch. I hope she is never served for Discovery.
You'd probably be the one stuck doing the searches. <g>

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Robbzilla" <Robbzilla.406d46e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> 'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
>> ;297161']That's good to hear. :)  The risk of corrupt would be high if
>> they were on a
>> network.
>>
>> How were all 563 added to the profile? Was the old profile migrated to
>> the
>> new computer? If so, this could be part of the problem.
>
> The tech added them via a script after creating a profile.  The old
> profile was not migrated.  Apparantly the tech who used the script had
> to break it up into 4 scripts to handle the load...
>
> Heh... she just got a 2nd PC(laptop) and wanted us to put those psts on
> the network for sharing purposes... NOT happening if I have anything to
> do with it.
>

> --
> Robbzilla

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/18/2009 7:50:52 PM
In message <u0u5lLAqJHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> "Diane Poremsky
[MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>So she has the potential to have 3 copies of each pst on 3 different
>machines? (old, new, laptop) Ouch. I hope she is never served for Discovery.
>You'd probably be the one stuck doing the searches. <g>

Hmm...

You know, that actually brings up an interesting idea, responding to a
discovery request with one message per PST, each PST encrypted with a
unique password (passwords supplied, of course)

Combining 2 Publisher Files Into 1
Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil. Open one file, then run Publisher again open the second file. Both files are open. Add the pages you need to add the pages from the file you want to combine. Copy, paste from one file to the other. Save, you're done. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185901c49c1d$60824030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Phil. Phil wrote: > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. &...

EARN 500$ ON NET
Get $500 to your paypal account by just one click ...

be able to create a matrix serialized item in 1 step
when creating a matrix item I would like to be able to create a matrix item that is serialized through the wizard. right now we have to create a matrix item then when we are all done we change each item to a serialized item. please make this all one step. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

static link of MFC in 7.1
I'm trying to link a project that statically links MFC. I get the following error when linking the release version: Linking... nafxcw.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in libcpmt.lib(newop.obj) Release/MyProject.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found This doesn't happen in the debug version, everything links fine. This is a project we are converting from MSVC 6.0, and everything links fine there. I've tried changing every project setting I can think of, but I ca...

Outlook installing every time in 1
I get an error/install only in 1 outlook 2000 on only 1 of many 2000 Terminal Services clients ( all others work fine). This error only happens when this client opens the outlook 2000 on their client log in. All that it does is try install every time it is opened. It works after but they have to wait for it each time. I believe that when I log in to that client that I can do a quick reg edit to fix it but I can not find any papers on this at the MS web site? Anyone seen this or have a per they can shaer with me? Please email me Patrick@jobwarehouse.com ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home.
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

HTTP 500 Error
Hi Run into issues running SQL 2008 Express with Advanced services on XP PC in Peer to Peer network. I, after some hours trawling the net found that I needed to edit the RSReportServer.config file for Basic authentication and I can now open and run a deployed report to http://localhost:portnum/reportserver, but for the life of me cannot get to the Report manager url and get HTTP500 error, msdn suggest a mismatch in the web.config file and the rsreportserver.config file, but that has no mention of the Basic authentication setup. Anyone tell me if Report manager will work in the abo...

CRM 1.2, new database server
I am going to be replacing the SQL 2000 server that has the databases for CRM 1.2. The actual CRM server is remaining the same. The new SQL 2000 server will have the same name as the old server. Reviewing KB article 861115 dated 11/14/2005, it states that as part of moving the databases to a new server you have to uninstall all the CRM for Outlook clients, uninstall the CRM server, reinstall the CRM server and then reinstall the CRM for Outlook clients. Are those steps really neccassary since the database server name is staying the same? Most likely. The problem is that the 1.2 SF...

Page 1 of N
Hi Guys, I haven't been able to figure out how to insert "page 1 of N" in the footer of a publisher document. I can insert Page Number without and problems, but how do insert "Number of Pages" You do it on a Master Page. View | Master Page will take you there. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "James" <James@work.com> wrote in message news:ePnWOnH$KHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I haven't been able to figure out how to insert "page 1 of N"...

1.2 million hits a month
Hi My name is Victor Lockyer I'm with a team of Stephan Ducharme,The Freeadguru He is a best-selling author and Internet self-made Multi-Millionaire- Getting up to 1.2 miillion hits a month. I can help you get a boost of visitors and sales THIS WEEK PLease respond QUICKLY Victor Lockyer --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070304070211J0f2JxZ1 ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- ...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

How does one refer to the n-1 element of a named range?
If I have established a range called Beginning_Inventory, and I want to set it equal to the previous period's Ending_Inventory, what do I have to do? (Clearly, one could use a relative reference, but there are other reasons for not doing so.) Thanks, Hi! >How does one refer to the n-1 element of a named range? What is the "n-1" element? =INDEX(named_range,1,1) Refers to the top leftmost element, that is, row1 column1. Biff "Charles Hewitt" <Charles Hewitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F174FC2F-4B74-45AE-AA0D-54825EF7906D@microsof...

Only 1 restore point left
Vista Home Premium SP2, IE8 Went to do a system restore, and found I had only 1 restore point, Dec.18th. That restore point was *created by me* a few hours after I installed the following updates ( I set the machine in Manual update ) today Dec.18th: Updates for MS Office Excel Viewer 2003 ( KB978558 ) Excel Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Security update for MS Excel Viewer 2007 (KB958442 ) Note : There is *no* restore point created by the machine for the Windows Updates installation. Why ? Is Excel Viewer 2007 SP2 the culprit ? Also, I have both Excel viewer 2003 and 2007. ...

Print 941 in 1 company but break it down by various companies
Customer is tracking more than one company (Div/Dept) in one single company of Great Plains. Would like the ability to print a 941 report from the one company, but have this broken out (by Div/Dept) as if it was multiple companies - but all on the same report. Does not want to use the Cross-Company reports. ...

2 PCs
The Vista has Windows Mail and the Windows 7 has Hotmail. By linking one to the other, I`ve lost the incoming messages to Windows Mail as they all go to Hotmail PC. How can I get it back? Roger W. When you retrieve the messages from Hotmail on the Win7 machine, you = need to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Its not clear what = email client you are using in Win7, but in WinMail you can do that via = Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. steve "Whitwams" <Whitwams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:558D9165-2C12-4ACE-A4D5-...

#5.5.0 smtp;500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
I just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. I get this message when I send to all Hotmail accounts and some other accounts. Any ideas? On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:56:04 -0800, "MikeO" <MikeO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. I get this >message when I send to all Hotmail accounts and some other accounts. Any >ideas? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895857&SD=tech "SMTP mail cannot be sent or cannot be received in Exchange Server" http://support.microsoft.com/defa...

Difference between .NET 1.1 Dataset.ReadXML and .NET2.0 BETA Dataset.ReadXML
I have written a web service in C#, .NET 1.1 which reads a XML file into a dataset. This is just a plain XML file. First I use the Dataset.ReadXmlScheme function and pass the XML file to it. Then I convert data type of one of the column to integer and then I use the Dataset.ReadXml function and pass the same file to it. This works on my machine, but when I run it on a .NET 2.0 machine it thows an exception with message "Input string was not in correct format". The XML document is well formed and also all the column has all values numeric. So I installed .NET 2.0 on my machine ...

adding 1,200 mailboxes
Hello, I work at a school and will be creating mailboxes for 1,200 students. Any recommendations on mailbox size limits and setup? We have only one Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server and I was thinking about creating a new database for just the students. There is already one database for the teachers/staff which has about . Would it be advisable to have only one database for both teachers and students? Would creating two databases be a system resource drag ? thanks for any input. chrism forgot to add this: There is already one database for the teachers/staff which has about 225 ma...

v. 11.1.0 issues
After installing the Update to 11.1.0, every Office application has slowed to a crawl. In Entourage, if I'm in the Mail screen and select Address Book or Calendar, I'm locked up for 10 to 15 seconds before the switch is made. I'm running OS X 10.3.5, 512 MB of RAM. Any suggestions? ...

Access 2007: Escape Out of Compacting Corrupts Database
begin 644 Database1.zip M4$L#!!0````(`.*[BSOV9(TK,38```"@!``/````1&%T86)A<V4Q+F%C8V1B M[)UY;!S7?<=_,SM['SPD4S)U48=UF98HV995^=!2(D6+$451%&VS!FR26E)B M*(HR*<F68T1,E!2->SAHD5Y)X<1&8;A_&#%LUVF=(JZ;H^X!%W41J"XB!W`2 MQ*UM%$6/)$VT_?W>FS>[L[>.P!3]_8QFYSOO^/W>O)G9W=^^QQ%91/TGAX]G MAJ<S+>V[.ULZ=I%-1"\=#XP,15\;>/?9(]/IG?2E3S[Y^>QG_VC+M\[\Q?MM M7W_[[__X\+_\X*^?W/-_CW]]_WU'WKOMW/DO_6SQ:^M_]`\;'Q]Z//*);3=^ M\/;SSQY=L+OAYN=O_K=?G+E_WX;'-C[]_<?^,++B#W[QQ%-GWGCA3\Z-/?B% MG_SCY]9\]LBW5ZSK^*</WAA]/QO^SIZO/-*4>...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

Vlookup 1 column to the left
I would like to create a formula in cell c1 that will lookup C2:C100 and find the first occurance of "N" and use the number to the left (column B) in a further calculation. In this case 4 would be the result. I am adding data each day to the top of the spreadsheet so the rows will move down 1 cell that's why I need the formula Thanks Tom A B C 1 3 7 5 Y 8 6 Y 7 3 Y 9 8 Y 3 4 N 6 5 Y 7 9 N 3 4 N VLOOKUP only works to the right. Try this: =INDEX(B:B,MATCH("N",C:C,0)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tom" <tsande...

Attachments over 3MB being trimmed by about 500 bytes
I'm seeing a problem were about half of all emails comming into the company that have attachments over 3MB, the attachments are being trimmed by about 200-500 bytes. This completely corrupts zips and is seriously hindering us. We keep having to ask customers to resend data. Because of its intermittent nature sometimes the resend works sometimes it doesn't. This is a single domain, single exchange server environment. The Exchange server is on a Server 2003 SP1 and is Exchange 2003 SP2. It doesn't matter who the recipient is or the number of recipients. I've tried reinsta...

Auto-fill only shows 1 choice
Suppose I have three contacts named "Joe": Joe Brown Joe Jones Joe Smith In Outlook 2000, I used to get "suggestions" when I clicked on Send if an entry I typed in the To... field was ambiguous. In the example, it would show me the three joe's and I could pick the one I wanted for that email. Just upgraded to Outlook 2007. Now when I type "joe" the first time, it works like it did on Outlook 2000. Let's say I select Joe Jones. Now the next time I type "joe" in the To... field, it automaticlaly fills in "Joe Jones" and does not offer ...

Date 1 Field
I inserted the "Date 1" column into the Gantt Chart view & populated the cells, however when I switched over to the Resource Usage View & showed the Date 1 column, it didn't carry over any of the information I had populated. Does anyone know why & how if possible to get this to work? Thanks, Karin The issue is that you have two different tables: Task and Resource. There's a Date1 in the Task table and a Date1 in the Resource Table. Those are two different and unrelated fields. Perhaps you could try using the Task Usage view and some grouping? ...