Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"

Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few
days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)"
change from the mail server I have specified to "local"
and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account
name" /meMailServerName

Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from
doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually
change it back to original setting so I can get my mail.

Shawn

This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook
doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an updated version
that checks mail in a more sophisticated manner.

Some people may suggest disabling mail scanning, but I find this to be a
band-aid - best to have as many layers of protection in place as possible.

Shawn wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few
> days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)"
> change from the mail server I have specified to "local"
> and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account
> name" /meMailServerName
>
> Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from
> doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually
> change it back to original setting so I can get my mail.
>
> Shawn

0
lanwench (7567)
6/4/2004 3:01:22 AM
Thanks Lanwench, I had a feeling it was that.

Shawn