Outlook2003 Windows installer problem

I am running Windows XP Home Edition and have just installed Office 2003.
On accessing Outlook for my email, I get a grey Windows Installer box which then trys to install itself. It trys to access the hard disk seven times and then closes down.  Pressing the Cancel button on the box does not stop it.
Has anyone any suggestions, I have unistalled Office and then re-installed it again in an attempt to rectify the problem.
Heres hoping someone can help? Thanks.

--
Elligems
0

Reading XML from a Windows service
Using the function below, I'm importing configuration parameters, from an xml file, into a Windows service. This code works as expected in a regular Windows application, but when used in a Windows service (written in vb.net), it produces unintended side effects. The most notable being multiple (and simultaneous) firings of timer events. Is there a better way? Thank you. Private Function MyNodeValue(ByVal strPath As String) 'This function reads a value from an XML file. Dim xmlDoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument xmlDoc.Load(strPathToXMLfile) Try ...

Too Many Recepients Problem
Hi, Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Abhay "Abhay Sobti" wrote in message news:uG4dT26bIHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to > send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Send the same e-mail to less than the maximum number of recipients permitted by your e-mail provider's anti-spam quota. Repeat sending your same e-mail to less than maximum recipient count until all recipients have been included. If ...

problem with a conditional max problem
-- What formula could you enter in cell E13 so that if a value is entered in cell E12, cell E13 will display the value of f(x) that corresponds to the largest tabulated x which is less than or equal to the value entered. For example, if 3 is entered in cell E12, then E13 should display the value of f(0). Brian If your tabulated x's are in a range named "tabx", one way: =f(LOOKUP(E12,tabx)) where f() is your function. In article <8D7078DA-197C-4F2B-B7D0-129DEDC8EC8D@microsoft.com>, "Brian Cornejo" <BrianCornejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

DPM 2010 Install fails
Installation failure. SQL installs local and report server is running and accessible. Installation fails at point - Deploying Reports DpmSetup.log: The operation you are attempting requires a secure connection(HTTPS). What error message are you getting? Anyway, take a look at this thread: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager&tid=d387b9d5-b35b-4bf2-8f55-617c9827303b&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1 -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA, Network+ ...

Reminders Window
For some reason when I put a date in a contact Flag for Follow-up it no longer shows in the reminders window - how can I get this function back? ...

Windows mail
How do I make my default email. Outlook is the default now. I just looked under Options in Window Mail. It says, "This application is the default Mail handler." When I click on an email address it opens Outlook and when I try to email a group it opens Outlook. "Lahkpari" wrote: > How do I make my default email. Outlook is the default now. I'd like to get "Windows Mail" back into the top of the menu that comes up with clicking on the Start globe in the taskbar. I deleted it thinking it would confuse the 92 year old client whose machine th...

Opening a new window from the main window
I am trying to open a new window from the main window in MFC. I would like to launch a new window from the main window using a menu selection on the main window. The secondary window should be of the same type as the main window. I want the secondary window to draw a graph in. Can this be done in MFC? A few people I have spoken to have told me that it's not possible and that one must use a (modeless) dialog box or some other type of window for the secondary window. Help appreciated. fred. You can open up any windows you want and even launch other applications using MFC. I don't ...

Outlook2003
I installed Office 2003, and everything works, but Outlook, which hangs up when I try to boot it up. Any idea? I have tried reinstalling and everything else under the sun. You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best idea if you have a lot of customizations that you'd prefer not to lose; that way if renaming the ...

Problem With Excel 2007
I was desperate in finding a settlement of the problem when I upgraded office excel 2003 to 2007. which becomes a problem only on microsoft excel course, not with any other office applications. problem like this. upgrade process is complete, but when I open the excel option, all of its dropdown font menu letters turned into Japanese. as well as the toolbard in excel. I think this is a problem, because the existence of such differences, excel 2007 hangs often and almost any time request the re-install, On Mar 22, 9:29=A0am, Ginanjar Hadi Sudrajat <ghsudra...@gmail.com> wrote...

Receipt Printer Windows Driver
Is there anyway for the cash drawer not to open when doing a reprint while using a windows printer rather than OPOS? Thanks, Steve ...

Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 is anyone using this?
Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for devices? I love the quick bootup. I use the WEPOS operating system successfully in a number of installations. Microsoft certified WEPOS with RMS when they introduced version 2.0. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Retail Management Systems of Arkansas 300 South Rodney Parham Road Parham Place - Suite 1 Little Rock, AR 72205-4747 (Tel) 501-412-5686 (Fax) 501-374-3636 Email: kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for > de...

Windows grouping how?
Anyone knows how Windows does the windows grouping in the taskbar area? For example when there are more than 3 windows explorer, all three will be group together. And when click, there will be a popup toolbar with a list of windows available. Thanks, Snow ...

Office X 10.1.4 Update problem
I have Office X for Mac running under Panther installed as OS X 10.3.2, and have just successfully downloaded and installed the update for Office X 10.1.2. I note that Office updater 10.1.3 is said to be included in 10.1.4. I have several times attempted to run this latter updater, but it always fails, claiming that there is "an error". What, if anything, is going wrong, please? Lee <c.cullen@nri.org.uk> wrote: > > I note that Office updater 10.1.3 is said to be included in 10.1.4. I > have several times attempted to run this latter updater, but it always > f...

Copying from Access to Excel problem
I have a large Access database (20000 records of 30 fields each) whic has been imported from Paradox. Periodically I need to export this to Excel and have long ago given u on the 2 standard exporting techniques supplied: 1. File: Export and 2 Tools:OfficeLinks:AnalyzeItWithExcel since both generate errors after long time thinking about it! If anyone has any comments on this, pleas feel free to say! Incidentally, I have a 2.6GHz P4 with 1Gb RAM. I now manually transfer the data 6 cols at a time by 'copying' an 'pasting'. It is slightly tedious but it does the job in about ...

Office prof' 2007
I am running this under Windows 7. I have removed 60 day trial and previous 2003 version. When I go to launch Access Word or Excel I see a configuration bar appear and a search is conducted for set up files whilst a time bar is shown on screen. This completes then the app will open! It does not occur with Powerpoint! MS Tech Help have referred me here! ...

Converting from OE to Windows Mail
I'm using outdated OE6 on a PC with XP. Can I update to Windows Mail? I want to use my roadrunner address. I downloaded Windows Live Messager but don't see a way to do it from there. No, you can't use Windows Mail on XP. You can use Windows Live Mail. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Lisa" <NoOne@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:O92FaOm4KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using outdated OE6 on a PC with XP. Can I update to Windows Mail? I > want to use my roadrunner addres...

installation guide
Where can i see a complete instalaltion and configuration guide to exchange 2003 (on Smal Businees Server 2003). Thanks. "Nicolas" <prexia-nomail-@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Where can i see a complete instalaltion and configuration guide to exchange >2003 (on Smal Businees Server 2003). > >Thanks. > The install of the SBS components doesn't ask for a lot. See: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/techinfo/productdoc/default.mspx If you need more information you might want to post a specific question into the Microsoft.Public.Smallbiz group. Mark Arn...

Fundamental Problem With CDs
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with the way I work with my CDs in Money 2005, and I'd appreciate some advice. I opened a one month CD a couple of years ago and I have just let the bank renew it automatically. When I enter the renewal information from the bank, Money requires me to "redeem" the CD, then "buy" a new CD. This is counter-intuitive since the bank uses the same account number. For example, I have to "redeem" CD Account 123 and "buy" a new CD Account 123 #2. Then a month later I "redeem" CD Account 123 #2 and...

Windows Movie Maker
When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is received: "COULD NOT BE IMPORTED. AN INTERFACE HAS TOO MANY METHODS TO FIRE EVENTS FROM." Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? In news:BCA2D33D-FA50-48CB-B70E-CB09089FF6C4@microsoft.com, jacsin7 <jacsin7@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the > Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is > received: "COULD NOT BE IMPO...

Window defender not start
I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window defender is turned off I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not start. when I start the service I get: The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or program. Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup programs. How could I manage the startup programs. Thanks On Jul 24, 8:27=A0pm, &qu...

Turn off windows updates
Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. Thank you "Donna@Repco" <Donna@Repco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF4F981-39FC-428C-BCDA-586FCB8D1347@microsoft.com... > > Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. > He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. > > Thank you BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Has he tried to sell you a train yet? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fi...

How to bypass certreq renew window in VBS script?
To renew a cert, we use certreq to generate a requst file from an inf file as following: certreq.exe -f -new ./pkcs7.inf ./123.req The cert to be renewed is specifed with its thumbprint in the pkcs7.inf file, so in fact the command will only renew it. But when running the command, a "Certificate List" window will popup with a list cotaining only that cert, and ask user to "Select certificate to be renewed". The window break the running process and require user to do a click action... In our project, we will call the command line in an VBS script and should ru...

acdialog/Modal Windows & Access 2007
I am trying to do something I've done a hundred times in previous version of Access & can't get to work in 2007. I am trying to code a form pop-up when I trigger a "not in list" error. I have tried my standard acdialog setting for the docmd.openform command (see code below), I have also tried to manually set the default of the pop-up form to modal & regardless I can't get the code to stop running when the form pops up. I did a quick debug.print me.modal in the pop-up form & it tells me it's modal (True) when I set the form itself to modal, but no...

Problem Adding Records To Child Table
I have two tables: table A (parent) and table B (child) which have a one-to-many relationship. Fields A.1 and B.1 are both the primary key fields of tables A and B, and each is an autonumber field. Field B.2 is the foreign key field which links to field A.1. I have a query with SQL as follows: SELECT B.*, A.1, A.2 FROM B INNER JOIN A ON B.2 = A.1 ORDER BY B.1 When I open the query and go to the new record, I enter in B.2 the value for A.1 for one of the existing A records. The new record is added in the B table. No problem. However, when I base a form on the above SQL and then try to add a...