Outlook2003 tries to configure itself for using Visio2007 after each start

Hi,

I have installed MS Office 2003. Now I have updated my Visio2003 with
Visio2007 from MSDNaa.
Everything works fine - but I have one annoying issue:

After each start of Outlook2003, a dialog appears that wants to
configure Outlook for using Visio2007.
After this configuration I have to reboot my computer.
When I now restart Outlook, the same procedure happens again. This
occurs always, when I start Outlook.

Is there any possibility to shut off the integrity between Visio and
Outlook?

Best regards

Alex

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

What file type do I use to save an Excel document to be used with.
How do you save an Excel document to be used with a Works Spreadsheet? Go to works and see what file formats it supports--then use one of those. I understand that Works will open .wks and .xls files, but I'm not sure what version of .xls files you have to use. jchendrix wrote: > > How do you save an Excel document to be used with a Works Spreadsheet? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do I start page numbering at 1 on other pages?
Im working with a booklet and when applying page numbering, it automatically sets page 1 as "1" which is the cover. I want "1" to be where the pages start and not the cover, How do I change where 1 starts? I haven't tried this but it might work. Start with zero an cover it with a blank image box. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFD16559-7F58-46FE-A1FD-35FFDB70C4C9@microsoft.com... > Im working with a booklet and when applying page numbering, it > automatically > se...

Trying to Group Data
I am trying to group data. I have a daily record that contains multiple projects and multiple items in the project. I would like to roll the daily data into project 1 and all the items that go with it and then project 2 and all the items that go with it. I have a start but am unsure of where to go. I am attaching the files that I have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ==================== <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="StatusReportProject.xsl" ?> <TimeSheet> <Daily...

Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 is anyone using this?
Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for devices? I love the quick bootup. I use the WEPOS operating system successfully in a number of installations. Microsoft certified WEPOS with RMS when they introduced version 2.0. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Retail Management Systems of Arkansas 300 South Rodney Parham Road Parham Place - Suite 1 Little Rock, AR 72205-4747 (Tel) 501-412-5686 (Fax) 501-374-3636 Email: kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for > de...

Using workflow to update fields
Hello I am trying to write a workflow rule but am getting a bit stuck! We have a field to 'contact someone every x months' which is a picklist. When we create a record we want the system to identify the date it was created, then use the value of 'every x months', e.g. 3 to update the 'when next to contact field' which will be a date format. Si it would update the field to show three months from when it was created. Once the date was reached we would then want it to update to the next 3 months. I hope that makes sense - is this possible to do? Any help & advic...

Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE when trying to print from Outlook 2003
I have been trying to print an email attachment in Outlook with the email message (not opening the attachment). This is directly from the Inbox list (email is not open either). The error I am receiving is Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE in a message box with the title Microsoft Visual Basic. any ideas would be helpful regards mark ...

(MFC) How to use messages to communicate between CMDIFrameWnd and CScrollView?
Alright, so I tried to use AfxGetMainWnd() from inside a CScrollView-derived class to access a function inside of a CMDIFrameWnd-derived class. It worked under the "Debug" configuration, but I'm getting a nasty error under the "Release" configuration: Coil error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CMainFrame::setCurrRef(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >)" (?setCurrRef@CMainFrame@@QAEXV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@@Z) referenced in function &...

Problem trying to update Money 2004 (Intl)
When I try to "Internet Update" Money 2004, the "Quotes, News and Exchange Rates" succeeds, but the "Money Updates" fails with the message "Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file (SMRTINET.INI)" There doesn't appear to be any suggestions in Knowledgebase. Has anyone worked around this problem? My installation was upgraded from Money 2003. cheers, Chris ...

Trying to get this if statment to work
I have excel 2000. I am trying to get this formula to work. It does not give me any errors or anything It just will not return the number in the cell that it references Cell CJ44 has the formula Here is an example of the cells CJ44 formula CL44 has =IF((I44=0),0,INT((I44-10)/2)) (the value in their is 0) CK44 has =IF((H44=0),0,INT((H44-10)/2)) (the value in their is -1) CP44 (the value in their is Y) but I want it to fuction normally if their is nothing (blank) in cell CP44 So this is what I have written, but the value does not return to what I want it to be. =IF(H44=0,CL4...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Outlook2003
I installed Office 2003, and everything works, but Outlook, which hangs up when I try to boot it up. Any idea? I have tried reinstalling and everything else under the sun. You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best idea if you have a lot of customizations that you'd prefer not to lose; that way if renaming the ...

Use Seperate Fullfillment Process
I log on as sa and go into the Sales Order Setup window for Standard Order and can not select "Use Seperate Fullfillment Process" Why? I own this modual if it matters; Sales Order Processing with Advanced Invoicing "tstrop" wrote: > I log on as sa and go into the Sales Order Setup window for Standard Order > and can not select "Use Seperate Fullfillment Process" Why? You probably have activity against that order type. If not, you will need to delete and create the order type. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tstrop" wrote: > I log on as sa an...

Using Visio 2003 viewer
Hi, I want to do the following stuff using the Visio 2003 viewer can anyone tell me if all of this is possible ? 1. Create a webpage with a visio 2003 viewer activeX control to display a Visio drawing.? If possible what should be installed in the client machine? 2.When a particular shape is double clicked in the diagram i need to display an alert giving the value of one of the shape 's custom property? If anyone has come across the same problem can you please guide me on how to go about it. Regards 1. You don't need the ActiveX control to display a drawing. Only to have rich ...

Problemen met Publisher converteren naar PDF voor professionele publikaties / problems with converting publisher files to PDF for commercial professional printing use
We experience problems with converting publisher files to PDF. We us MS publisher 2003 with the Acrobat Distiller. Our printing company continuously experiences problems accepting our pdf. We use EPS. Is there anybody there that has experienced the same problem and found a solution? We ondervinden problemen met het converteren van bestanden van MS publisher 2003 icm Acrobat distiller naar pdf formaat. Onze drukker kan met de pdf vrij weinig beginnen en moet elke keer losse bestanden ontvangen en geheel opnieuw gaan opmaken. Heeft iemand hier ervaing mee? Simon SiScho <simon.schoonen@per...

Backing up Exchange using NTBackup
Hi. I have been backing up my exchange server using ntbackup (to disk the tape). The backups are reporting 100% success, log files getting purged etc. As a dr plan I created a test environment and ran a backup exactly as I am doing on production server. When I am trying to restore however I am having a problem. The problem seems to be they way I am backing up. When doing a backup using ntbackup all that I have read says that I should disable volume shadow copy. However, when I get to that option it is greyed out (on live and test environment) - I am not selecting anything else in the same bac...

Configure Server 2008 to join SBS 2003 Domain
Client has an exisiting 2003 SBS Domain. They purchased Server 2008 Ent Edition and that will be setup and configured with a software application and users before it is sent to the site that has the 2003 SBS. 10 machines are also being configured to connect to the 2008 Server before the server and computers are sent to the 2003 SBS location. Can the 2008 server be setup as a domain before it is shipped and then moved to the SBS 2003 domain once it gets there? -- Pat In a word, no. You can't join a computer to a domain without connecting to the domain. And any users you a...

I keep getting an error message when I try to send an email.
Please help...recently changed from MAC Entourage to Windows Outlook. I cannot send emails but can receive with no problem. I checked with local provider and said it's not their problem as I am set up correctly with POP and SMTP servers. Here is the message I keep receiving: Task 'mail.adelphia.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Any suggestions? Thanks! "prb...

alpha-blend text using GDI
Hi all, I was wondering if there is any way to do text alpha-blending using GDI. My original thought is that draw the text to a bitmap first and then alphablend the bitmap which should be easier. But it turns out this scheme can not be easily fitted into our project due to the fact that we support zooming (the text quality is really bad when you zoom in/out bitmap). Is there any other way to do text alpha-blending using GDI? (GDI+ is not a choice to us) Thanks. Darrian ...

Try important pack
--jwhknpsbbfkmtq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthtvpvttu"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthtvpvttu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lpovbsotpclts" --lpovbsotpclts Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the fu...

How do I use advance filter correctly?
Good afternoon, I have a list of numbers (it's actually very long but for simplicity lets say it's not). The list is in column A and is 1-10 (A1=1, A2=2, ect...). I want to filter out all instances of 2 and 3 on my list. My thought was to put 2 and 3 into different cells (B1 and B1) and then use the advanced filter to filter out A1-A10 based on the information is cells B2 and B3. I am trying to do this by setting my list range as $A$1:$A$10 and my criteria range as $B$1:$B$3. I also set my copy to location as $C$1. When I do this I get an exact copy of A1-A10 i...

I am trying to do a directory
I have an access DB that has the photos OLE in the record and when I go to do the catolog merger in Publisher (2003) I get all of my info but when I do the prine preview I do not see the pictures. Any suggestions? I did select the photo field as a merge field in the publisher merge doc. Any help is appriciated! Lots of help here Troubleshoot catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010380451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx ...

Using CComPtr with a DLL
Hi, I'm a bit new to COM/ActiveX and I can't find any appropriate help. I have a DLL which I have registered using regsvr32 and I need to use it in my code, trouble is I just have the DLL and no accompanying .h file. I have added the line struct __declspec(uuid("CD4F2C35-3D88-411B-B8C1-F201C2B10686")) ICSEncrypt; but when I try to declare it as: CComPtr<ICSEncrypt> pCSE; I get undefined type errors in atlbase.h etc... Can someone please give advice or point me to an atricle which does not involve including a .h file. thanks Chris Chris Baker wrote: > ...

Transfer Files Using VBA #2
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew ...

32-bit app using 64-bit Outlook COM objects?
Does anyone know if a 32-bit app can use Outlook COM objects that are being served by a 64-bit version of Outlook 2010? Thanks, jb I don't believe so, but you'd have to test that for yourself. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Jeff" <budajeff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:36a99031-a061-4b35-9f80-4b0d1a81ce58@i10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if a 32-bit app c...