Outlook2003 open and closed immediatly

I checked event log, nothing. And this happened when I just reboot my
machine and first time tried to open Outlook, still same problem. But I
found, when I double click anywhere in the Outlook Windows even it only gave
me 0.5 second, then it won't close.
Andy

>>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple
>>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try
>>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted
>>above.

0
andy.zhou (8)

Ok your outlook it is damage for something new that you
install on it, you have to repair you office2003
----

>>>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple
>>>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try
>>>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted
>>>above.

0
anonymous (74718)

Outlook 2000 not opening
I can't get my Outlook 2000 to open, it just sits there with the Outlook 2000 dialogue box, the Window's flag blowin' in the wind, but nothing happens. Help! ...

opening file from desktop shortcut
I have a funny situation. I have several users sharing a spreadshee from a mapped drive. They each have a shortcut to the file on thei desktop. When one opens it, makes a change and saves it, another use then opens it and does not see the change. If this second user the closes it, goes to the mapped drive and opens it from their it the reflects the recent changes. How can this file be opened from a deskto shortcut with all current changes shown -- jpm211 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpm2111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

When useform is openning, I cannot open another workbook.
Hi all When I am running a userform, I try to open another workbook at the same time. But, the workbook could not be openned. Please could you suggest me how to do that ? Thank you for your assistance. Cheers, Gary Ho Did you try opening another Excel instance? -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Gary Ho" wrote: > Hi all > > When I am running a userform, I try to open another workbook at the same > time. But, the workbook could not be openned. Please could you suggest me how > to do that ? Thank you for your assistance. > > Cheers, >...

openning a word file in excel
I'm try to open a simple word document in excel. when I click on the .doc filename I get the message: file format is not valid can someone please help? You could open the .doc in word and copy|paste into excel. You could insert a word document (insert|object) into the workbook. But you can't open it directly (for importing??) in excel. ruthie wrote: > > I'm try to open a simple word document in excel. when I > click on the .doc filename I get the message: > file format is not valid > can someone please help? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Try this In E...

How to reset the default placement of newly opened mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap I'm new to Entourage and there are frustrating aspects thus far. My latest one is that all newly opened mail pops up over the toolbar that I must click to reply to that mail. Every time I go to reply, delete, etc. I must click on the top of the mail and move it down to a position below the toolbar so I can access the tools. <br><br>Is there a way to reset this default placement of an opened piece of mail? I've searched every tool and can't find a way to do this. Please help...this is so...

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

Outlook 2007 hangs on opening
Outlook hangs when opening and then I have to end the task and restart in safe mode. Also, searchindexer is running at 50% CPU. Not sure if they are related but both problems started at the same time. None of the other Office products are having a problem. I get the same thing. It wouldn't send/receive (itwould pretent to) and I couldn't open or save any attachments but they previewed just fine. "gailward57@gmail.com" wrote: > Outlook hangs when opening and then I have to end the task and restart > in safe mode. Also, searchindexer is running at 50% CPU. Not sure i...

open a file on PDA?
I try to open a file on the PDA but that don't work. The file is located in the same directory that the program. The filename is elevator.dxf. So i const char * fred = "elevator.dxf"; the file name is pass to function etc... drawing.LoadFile(fred) etc.... and FileName is in debugger = "elevator.dxf" pStream = fopen( FileName, "rb" )) but pStream is NULL there; Why? In the same program, i call hinstLIB = LoadLibrary( "LIB.dll" ) and same LIB.dll is on the same directory of the program but that time that's work, he find the file and load the l...

Can't open outlook...
Hi, I have a problem with outlook, i can't open it, program keeps "not responding", is it possible this is because there is too much mail inside? Can I delete mails without opening outlook? What can be the problem otherwise? And what's the solution? Hi Tom, Try creating a new outlook profile. How this is done depends on the version of Outlook you are running. Search for "new outlook profile" at http://support.microsoft.com and find the article for your version of outlook. (2002/XP is the same for 2003. 2000 is done differently) "Tom" <ano...

Opening a new window from the main window
I am trying to open a new window from the main window in MFC. I would like to launch a new window from the main window using a menu selection on the main window. The secondary window should be of the same type as the main window. I want the secondary window to draw a graph in. Can this be done in MFC? A few people I have spoken to have told me that it's not possible and that one must use a (modeless) dialog box or some other type of window for the secondary window. Help appreciated. fred. You can open up any windows you want and even launch other applications using MFC. I don't ...

Check if webpage is open
Hi, I'm curious to know if there's a possibility to programme a simple if...then statement which is based on the rather simple question if a window with a certain url is open/active (www.yahoo.com for instance). Any help would be appreciated, Basta ...

Outlook2003
I installed Office 2003, and everything works, but Outlook, which hangs up when I try to boot it up. Any idea? I have tried reinstalling and everything else under the sun. You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best idea if you have a lot of customizations that you'd prefer not to lose; that way if renaming the ...

Opening a report from a button on a subform
I have a main form frmPatients with a subform sbfPatientAppointment. The main form contains general information about a patient and the subform contains information from a particular visit (appointment) with that that patient. The underlying table for the subform contains a primary field PatientVisitIDNum. I want to place a command button cmdPrintVisit on the subform and have it open a report that is based ONLY on the information on the visit being worked on (of the patient reflected in the main form). In other words, I want to filter the report's underlying query to limit it on...

opening links to websites
all of a sudden I am unable to click a link in an email to take me to a website. This just happened after a microsoft update. It says to contact administrator (me). Help "caroljsteurer" <caroljsteurer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE49A211-68D7-48FE-9760-0E1D60FA86F8@microsoft.com... > all of a sudden I am unable to click a link in an email to take me to a > website. This just happened after a microsoft update. It says to contact > administrator (me). Help http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cancelled+due+to+restrictions -- Brian Tillman [M...

Always ask b4 opening this file type
I use outlook 2000, advanced user. Can't seem to "un- gray" the checkbox for opening attachments titled "Always Ask before opening this type of file" Any thoughts. I am trying to open an .ai (Adobe Illustrator) file, but it does this for a few types! ...

open iPhone photos outlook?
How do I open iPhone photos received through Outlook? with your camera or other software that reads the format of those pictures. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "iPhone Photos" <iPhone Photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D86FABB-ED74-4C6D-8B98-2865DAB98AEA@microsoft.com... > How do I open iPhone photos received through Outlook? ...

Custom form could not be opened???
Ran into this issue yesterday, and am completely stumped: User has an email that when he double-clicks on it to open it he received the following message: "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The object could not be found". After saying OK to that warning then the email comes up. What's weird is when you first go into OL there is no icon for the message (no envelope) until you single click on it. Furthermore, after the email opens up then the message cannot be printed and the following message is returned: "One or mo...

Opening file with Word 2007 for editing
i am building my own website (intranet). One of the options i would like to use is opening an HTM-file with Word 2007 for editing. The opening of the file starts by pressing an interactive button on a webpage. Anyone knows an answer how to do this? I think it must be a line in the button properties link. You need to ask in a Word newsgroup, not FrontPage. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "Nico" <Nico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E64ADD69-2009-44D8-870E-4CB21BDCD08D@microsoft.com... :i...

IMAP connection closed
Hello all, I use Outlook 2003. At home I use Netscape mail. When I have Netscape running at home while I have Outlook running at work - and they both check for IMAP mail messages on the same mail account I get the following message: "Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may occur if you have left your connection idle too long." Under details it says: Lost mailbox lock. Protocol: IMAP Server: mail.mydomain.net Port: 143 It does not do anything "dangerous". It is just very annoying to get this message in Outlook all the time. Does anyone know have to...

Outlook2003 shutdown
Hi I'm running Office 2003 on a single XP PC with a P4 processor, 2GB RAM, 200GB free hard space etc using XP Home all fully patched. Until recently, no problems. Now, Outlook will just decide to lock up and tell me an error has occurred. It then sends a report to Microsoft, shuts Outlook2003 down and re-opens it for me. This has only been happening for a week or so - maybe from when I installed IE7 and all the other patches? I keep my Inbox tidy with rarely more than 30 message sin it, and my other folders are the same. I compact the database usually once a day. I would be most ...

Year end close with 1 database and 5 entities
I have one data base with 5 entities. Each entity has its own Retained Earnings account. MGP only allows one Retained Earnings account to be used when closing the year. I currently now must do a journal entry to reclass each entities Current Year activity out of that one Retained Earnings account and to its own Retained Earnings account. I have been using 12/31/yy as the date of the reclass entry. It however creates an out of balance for each entity's Balance Sheet. The out of balance amount is the Current Year's activity. So: 1. Does anyone else have this issue? If you...

Can not open mail folders
Hi I had a win xp crash, possibly due to power failure. I have repaired xp from the original disk. Now when I try to go into Outlook 2003 I get the below error and then it closes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards = Error Message ======= This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You mus...

Cannot open a file that Excel says is open
My computer had to be rebooted when I had an Excel file open. After rebooting, when I tried to open the file, it has the file is open for editing and does not allow me to open the file in normal mode. How do I set the file to be closed, so I can open it normally? Maybe cleaning your windows Temp folder would help. Debra Dalgleish has a suggestion to this FAQ: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Plodhia wrote: > > My computer had to be rebooted when I had an Excel file open. After > rebooting, when I tried to open the file, it has the file is open for > edi...

opening hyperlinks in emails
I've somehow lost the ability to open links in the body of emails. I must have deleted something somewhere. I get the following message. 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the is computer. Please contact your system administrator.' Any ideas how I can restore it? Thanks PSG PSG wrote: > I've somehow lost the ability to open links in the body of emails. I must > have deleted something somewhere. I get the following message. > > 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the is > computer. Ple...

Can't open Access database
Our Access database now resided on our Server. If one person opens the database from te folder it is in on the server, then no one else can go to the Access database from that shared folder on our server. Is that normal? ...