outlook2000 sr-1

I am installing software (outlook 2000 sr-1) included
with my dell axim x-5. When I attempt to open outlook I
recieve an error message which reads:

(cannot start microsoft outlook. Outlook cannot be
configured because administrator priveledges are required
for you to install some types of software on this
computer. Before you can use outlook, you must either log
on as an administrator and finish configuring outlook, or
ask your systems administrator to configure Outlook e-
mail support for you.)

1) My operating system is windows xp home
2) I am logged on as administrator
3) This computer is stand alone, not network

I was given the solution to this problem by dell tech
support once before, however they seem to have noone in
their tech dept. able to repeat. The solution if I
remember involved downloading and installing a patch or
something.

Can you help me with this?

Speech Recognition (SR)
Hopefully this will be a constructive upbeat productive thread, unless the usual trolls pollute this thread. (SR = "Speech Recognition" to save space) Just how useful is SR, to Windows users? That of course depends on the user. One could say that SR is 100% useless to 99% of the people in this NG, which would be a compelling argument, difficult to dispute. However we Windows users get SR free, so it would be a shame to waste it, *IF* there is any reason at all for us to use SR. So, is there a reason? Yes, a "free form" blog is one reason. ...

NDR 5.7.1 [WILDPACKET]
Intermettently we get this message when users send it externally. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ourexchange.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <externalusername@targetdomain.com>... Relaying denied> We are able to send to this user but some times we get the above message. How do I check the SMTP Logs and what should I look for in those logs - never visited those logs before ... or I should say never needed to. Thanks and advise. ...

an outlook2000 macro programming question.....
an outlook2000 macro programming question..... I created a user-defind field "price" in outlook2000 "task", I want to count the all item of "price" field, and I know Excel can do this perfect, but when I export outlook "task" to an Excel file, the "price" field can't be converted , Outlook2000 can't convert user-defined field, so I try to find another way to do this statistic work, anybody know if Outlook2000's macro programming can do this? ...

RMS 1.2 Database Backup
I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. I found a batch file backup with a fixed file name on MS Customer Source but would rather want to keep daily copies. "Gerd" <gerd.goebel@bavarian-cons.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23qixfi9qFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a >daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. > > I found a batch file backup with a fixed file n...

Scheduling Tasks with 10 days of duration but only 1 hour of work
Hi All, i have a question on how i can setup a task so that it will span over 10 days worth of duration (eg we have a 10 day lead time for change request to be reviewed. It takes about an hour to raise the change). I still want to show the duration of 10 days. If i use the work and duration columns sure it works but if you go into the resource usage view, it spans the work out in effort over the whole duration. If i want the 1 hour of work to be done on a particular day, how do i change this? Thanks in advance Hi, Make the task fixed duration In one of the usage view...

2 warehouse locations with store ops 1.3
We have 2 warehouse locations, with some of the same items in warehouse 1 and some in warehouse 2. Is there any way to track inventory in both locations using store operations (without headquarters that is) 1.3? I've looked at transferring inventory out and taking it offline as an option, but am interested if anyone else has a better idea. Thanks, JJ JJ...we have and addon that allows for the creation of virtual locations and transfers between same. MultiLocation www.retail-pos.com "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA2FF6A3-A1AA-41CF-96A5-...

Why (0.09+0.01-0.1) is not equal to 0.09+0.01-0.1 ?
Hi, Does anybody know why in Excel2000 the (0.09+0.01-0.1) = -1,38778E-17 while 0.09+0.01-0.1 = 0 (as taught in schools) The same error you get with (0.09+0.01)-0.1. I checked it in on Intel Celeron 400MHz and Pentium IV with on two operation systems: W2K and W98. Seems to be Excel bug. I found it incementing a Double variable in VBA. Does anybody know how to get rid of that? Thanks in advance Valdi -- Valdi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Valdi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26338 View this ...

Problem using axis 1.1 as client
Hi all, I am having a problem trying to consume a webservice that is developed on ..Net. I can access it without any problem using a .net client, but when I use a java client (based on Axis 1.1), some methods work, some don't. The error message I got is "org.apache.axis.types.URI$MalformedURIException: No scheme found in URI..." Anyone experienced similar problem before? Any help is appreciated... Thanks in advance. Jacky AXIS to AXIS? whoops~ ! wrong group. maybe try the AXIS users mail list. http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html -D "Jacky Zhu" <jack...

Compatability and availability of skins for Outlook2000
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how or where to go to get skins for Outlook 2000. I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of that drab brown inbox... If you have Outlook 2000, you know what I mean. Please reply to ascahithien(removethis)@msn.com Thanks, Sharon ...

entering a number of more than 1 digit
I would like to enter a number with 9 digits in a format like this -> (123-45-6789) and have each digit be placed in an individual cell. A1=1 B1=2 C1=3, etc. Is there a way to do this? -- lsu-i-like ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379487 lsu-i-like Wrote: > I would like to enter a number with 9 digits in a format like this -> > (123-45-6789) and have each digit be placed i...

501 5.1.3 Syntax error in mailbox address
Help! I've been trying to send some distro. e-mails through outlook. (Well under the e-mailnumber limit set by my e-mail provider). I have gotten at 50% or more sent back for the above message, the e-mail address it couldn't send to, and "(non-printable character)" behind it. I called my provider and they said it was a microsoft error. What in the world is wrong? It took me 2 hours to send 278 e-mails the other day!!! Below is the message minus the e-mail address. It repeats this in the e-mail for every address it did not send. And it's not just one provided tha...

Excel 2003: 1+1=0?
Hi, A couple users where I work have started noticing a problem where Excel will randomly decide to stop performing calculations. Essentially, if you type in an expression, Excel states that it is equal to zero. So, entering "=1+1" will result in "0", likewise, "=375+2352" will result in "0". Even "=1/0" returns "0". It happens in any spreadsheet, even new ones, and the time at which it occurs does not appear to be predictable. I wasn't able to find anything that could explain this. Has anyone here heard of this or have any ...

Outlook2000 Message
Dear All, In our organisation one of the outlook2000 mail user is receiving an error message as, "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. this usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. If the problem persists, contact your administrator". Still the user is able to download messages. The problem is each time when the user tries to download messasges the above message comes. Pleas give a valuble support. Thanks in advance. Best Regards Mathew. ...

What is the latest patch update for 1.3 ? 1.3R?
Hi guys, Can you help me with this queries ? :) 1) what is the latest patch update for 1.3 ?what feature's it has? 2)what is the latest patch update for 1.3R ?what feature's it has? 3)would there be difference if I used different version for my store's? we have 29 store , 27 is in 1.3.0203 and 2 in 1.3R (forget the version) ? And my Hq is running in 1.3.0203? 4)Is it necessarry to install SQL server in shops whenever i have 2 POS machine installed? 5)where can I get Q)1-2 ? Is there nice people around to share this files?Because if i wait for my resseller, it takes them awhi...

concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate between records in 1 column i have for example animal as a header and it has the records:bird,cow,dog how can i concatenateall of them to one record that will consist all the 3 together? ...

Create More than 1 Return for Same Invoice !!!
Hello In version 10.0. The RMA can create more than 1 return for same sales invoice! Is there any possibility to disable this properties? I need to prohibit anyone to create more than 1 return for same invoice. Any suggest ? no, that cannot be disabled. Too many firms have more than one return per invoice and it is not an option -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > In version 10.0. > The R...

Too Few Parameters, 1 expected
I'm getting the error too few paremeters, 1 expected with the code below. I'm getting the error at " Set rst3 = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL3)". Any help would be much appreciated On Error GoTo Err_cmdCreateRecords_Click Dim intResp As Integer Dim intCount As Integer If ReportDate = "" Or IsNull(ReportDate) Then MsgBox "Please enter a valid report date." ReportDate.SetFocus GoTo Exit_cmdCreateRecords_Click End If intResp = MsgBox("This function will add records for the reporting date specified. Do you wish to continue?", vbO...

counting Multiple answers in 1 cell + column
how do u count multiple values in the one cell and down the entire column? i want to count all magazines answers in column A1. i would like to get the answer (4) for magazines, (4) for tv, and (3) for radio. and it does not matter if the counting of the values, magazine,tv,radio, is answered in seperate cells. i tried the formula = COUNTIF(range, "value") but the formula doesnt not count the values if there are more than one value in the cell... see example below A1 A2 1 magazines, tv, radio 2 magazines 3 t...

merging data from 1 excel file, into a master excel file
I have 2 spreadsheets - a master spreadsheet and sheet #2. Sheet #2 contains all of the information from the master (with the same exact columns), plus new rows that are inserted throughout. The first column of data uniquely identifies each row. Most of the rows are identical in both, with some tweaks to the master. Therefore, I do not want any cells in the pre-existing rows to be overwritten in the master. I'd like to merge in just the new rows from sheet #2 into the master, and leave everything that is already in the master (and has been tweaked), as is. How do I do that? ...

When opening Excel it ask for Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium .
I do not have this disk and was wondering if I could download it from online. No. You cannot download from online. Was Excel on your computer when you bought it? You should have been given a disk at that time. Check with the seller or buy Excel or the Office Suite. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:57:03 -0700, birdie <birdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do not have this disk and was wondering if I could download it from online. ...

RAND and only 1 decimal
I want to make a random number in a cell with the RAND function and then use it in a calculation. Right now it goes to several decimal place and I need it to only have one decimal in the calculation. How can I do this? Thanks for your help. =ROUND(RAND(),1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "SAC" <sac@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23FEwQZboKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I want to make a random number in a cell with the RAND function and then >use it in a calculation. Right now it goes to several decimal place an...

How to: Outlook2000 contacts into palm pilot?
I have a user that can open another's mailbox in outlook. She regularly sync's her mailbox to her palm pilot. She wants to do the synching with her mailbox, but wants to sync the others users contact folder instead of hers. Is this possible? What conduit software? PocketMirror Pro 3.0 will let you sync public folders - I don't know of anything that will let you sync another mailbox's contents at all, tho. Check out www.chapura.com and see. Paul wrote: > I have a user that can open another's mailbox in outlook. > She regularly sync's her mailbox to her palm pil...

Page 1 of N #2
I need to have "Page 1 of N" in the "footer" of my document. I figured out how to get add a page number and get it to increment on each successive page. I can't figure out, however, how to get the "N" on each page. Yes, I can put the total page count in the background, but then I'd have to change it each time I add or remove pages. Is there a way to get "Page 1 of N" on each page? Before I get flamed (this seems to be a very short- tempered group!), I looked through online help, the MS Support Knowledgebase, and did searches through the...

Row highlight based on the 1-31 day of the month
I've got a table with dates displayed in the first column (ascending order). I would like to highlight each row based on the day of the month with one of 5 chosen colours (red, yellow, green, blue and orange). rows with the 1st of the month: red rows with the 2nd of the month: yellow ....... rows with the 6th of the month: red ....... Julian. You would use conditional formatting to display different colors based upon the day value. Your conditional formatting formula would look at the day value of the date. You will have multiple conditions for each row. Condition 1 Formula is: ...

I want to subtract 57 sec. from 1 minute 27 sec. and input 1:27 not 87 sec. help!
This is what I do now A1=57 B1=87...... But I want B1 to look like this-1:27 =(B1-A1) Please let me know the right formula. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nave! You seem to be wanting to have your data in time format but are not "telling" Excel that. How does Excel "know" that 57 is 57 seconds? in A1: =57/(24*60*60) Format as time (e.g.) h:mm:ss Returns 00:00:57 in B1 =87/(24*60*60) Format as time Returns 0:01:27 Now =B1-A1 returns 0:00:30 Excel records time as a decimal part of 1 day hence to get seconds from bare numbers we divid...