outlook.pst error message

When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get
an error message that the file C:Documents and
Setting\Owner Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an
error.  It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications
and then use the Inbox repair tool.

I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it
always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files.
One time it finished the scan and stated that files were
damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files.
I said yes and it froze up and would not respond.

Are there any other ways to fix these files or replace
them all together?

Dan Staggs
206-262-1661x7
-1

"Dan S" <danialstaggs@imatch.com> wrote in message
> Are there any other ways to fix these files or replace
> them all together?

Replacing a PST file is easy. Go to Control Panel and launch Mail applet.
Under Services tab, highlight "Personal Folders" entry and click Remove
button.

To add a new PST file:
Click Add, and select Personal Folders under "Available Information
Services" selection box. Then type a new PST file name (don't use the bad
PST you're having problem with, create a new one). Click OK all the way out.
You're done.

> Dan Staggs
> 206-262-1661x7

-1
Ron
10/28/2003 1:42:24 AM
How big is your .pst file?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Dan S <danialstaggs@imatch.com> asked:

| When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get
| an error message that the file C:Documents and
| Setting\Owner Settings\Application
| Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an
| error.  It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications
| and then use the Inbox repair tool.
|
| I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it
| always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files.
| One time it finished the scan and stated that files were
| damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files.
| I said yes and it froze up and would not respond.
|
| Are there any other ways to fix these files or replace
| them all together?
|
| Dan Staggs
| 206-262-1661x7

1
MillyS1 (1480)

error number ox800cccof
i've been getting this error number when i try to send and receive emails on outlook along with this message: "tcp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server". can anyone help me fix this problem? ...

PST not a personal folders file
I have upgraded to Windows XP Home. When i try to import the .pst file I normally use it gives the following error: "Properties for this informationservice must be defined prior to use." It then gives me anther error saying that the file is not a personal folders file. (a) How can I get the PST file working? (b) Someone suggested scanpst.exe to scan for errors? Can anyone mail me this program or suggest where I can download it? Many thanks, John Unless I am wrong, I thought it is installed on your machine. Do a file search for it on your hard drive. ------------------...

powerpoint and excel errors report message on windows boot
Everytime I turn on the computer I get these error messsages from Powerpoint and Excel with a request to send the error report to Microsoft. Even though the programs are not running at boot obviously. Why would I get such an error at boot when these programs are not even running? And is there a way to turn of error reporting entirely? this is Windows XP pro .... Excel 2002 SP3 & Powerpoint 2002 SP3 You have a better chance if you post in the Excel and Powerpoint newsgroups. This is the Outlook newsgroup. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

Microsoft outlook #24
I am running windows XP and for about a month now Microsoft outlook is very unstable. when opening up the message "unable to start processing services" appears and when I click OK it closes outlook. I have to do this a few times before it will function satisfactorily. as messages start coming it in freezes at about 20% complete. HAVE YOU TRIED: HELP, DETECT & REPAIR "glynda" <gsumhome@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:02d401c42441$26b66ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running windows XP and for about a month now > Microsoft outlook is ver...

Intermittently, I find when I right click on a message in Outlook 2002 and want to view the source in an HTML message, there is no response. Also, outlook does just crash frequently for no apparent reason. Any help appreciated. Peter ...

Supressing the #Error Message
Hi, When I run a report that has no results, I get a #Error message. Is there a way to have it so that nothing shows rather than this error message? Thanks, -- Chuck W Any calculated controls tend to show #Error when the report has no records. You can fix this by testing the HasData property of the report within an IIf() expression. For example, if you have a text box with Control Source of: =Sum([Amount]) change it to: =IIf([Report].[HasData], Sum([Amount]), Null) It might be better to just cancel the report's NoData event so that the report doesn't open at all whe...

Outlook 2002
Hi, I'm gettng very frustrated with Outlook 2002 running on Win XP Pro. It takes a very long time - more than 20 minutes each time when I restart my PC or logon to my PC. It goes through and checks each of 10 or so PST folders that I have my emails stored in. I run the PST check and repair tool on the PSTs but that has not helped in any visible way, though it took a very long time to check the big files. My main PST folder is a little over 1 Gigabyte and I have at least a couple of other PST folders that are close to that. Thanks and Regards, Ted M. Does the check find any er...

Company Bulk Import fails with insufficient privileges error.
Environment: CRM 3.0 Rollup 3 IE 8.0 Windows XP Performing Import as System Administrator with full access to all objects. When I attempt to import companies using the Bulk Import Wizard I am able to go all the way through the mapping and start the import. It immediately fails with the following message: "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM objet or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator". Issue - I am the system administrator! I only have one role assigned to me - system Administrator, not runni...

Importing rules from Outlook 2000
I am using Outlook 2000. If I install Outlook 2003, can the many email rules that I created in 2000 be imported into 2003? Thanks, Gerry Try Tools > Rules Wizard > Options > Export Rules Should create a file, and then you can do the same but choose Import Rules on your new setup. Hope this helps Paul. Gerald A. Connell wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. If I install Outlook 2003, can the many email > rules that I created in 2000 be imported into 2003? > > Thanks, > Gerry Try Tools > Rules Wizard > Options > Export Rules Should create a file, and then...

Configuring CRM outlook client when Exchnage server is in other Do
Hi, I am implementing CRM 3.0 for my organization and we are facing one challenge. The scenario is explained below. 1. Our headoffice is in USA and branch office in India. We have exchnage & CRM server setup installed in USA office, we can use Outlook Client easily in US as it is in same domain. 2. We are not able to install CRM outlook Client in India as it is not in exchange domain, one option to have outlook client in india is through VPN, but then it would be very slow, so that option is ruled out. 3. We do not want to setup other domain in India as it will change doamin nam...

Error 1304 when installing Money 2003 Deluxe
During the install process I get the following Error: Error 1304.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\dtsrchlp.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory This is a directory that MS Money creates and it doesn't seem to be able to write to that file. I've checked permissions and everything. Please help!! ...

script to create local pst, change profile
Hi All, My company is phasing out Exchange/Outlook to use Lotus. I'd like to see if anyone out there has experience with creating a script to export a users mailbox on the Exchange server to a local .pst file on their workstation. I would also need to setup Outlook to use this .pst file as the message store. Reasoning is that I need to give the end-users the ability to access the Exchange mail for 1 year, even after the Exchange 2003 server site is gone. Again, basically move mailbox to a .pst on the user's C:, configure Outlook to use local .pst as message store. I have about 250 us...

Outlook 2002 synchronizing every 2 minutes, locks up PC
Morning all. I have an Outlook 2002 client that is constantly synchronizing with the server and locking up the clients PC. I have disabled the send/receive sync, and this works for about 10 minutes, then the PC starts doing the cycle all over again. Virus scan, spyware scans, ect don't find anything. Anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance, Mike Stawchansky ...

filtering tasks in Outlook
I am filtering my tasks in the calendar view using the following criteria under the advanced tab: Due Date in the next 7 days Due Date this month These both seem to be working properly. I also want to see any that I forgot to assign a due date. I have tried using "Due Date on none" and "Due Date does not exist" under the advanced tab but it does not work. Any suggestions... ...

Getting Outlook to download web based mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C9C68C.5A5E4B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Group Is 'outlook" able to download web based emails - specifically form = live.com. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers Rod ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C9C68C.5A5E4B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META ...

LSASS.EXE error 0xc000006a after disaster recovery
A client of mine had a software RAID array (implemented by another company before I took over) become corrupted. I had to do a disaster recovery restore yesterday. I followed the steps given to me by Symantec: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/243037.htm. After restore all the data in Directory Services restore mode successfully and rebooting the server, I was greeted by this message: Lsass.exe – System error: Directory Services could not start because of the following error: The specified network password is not correct. Error status: 0xc000006a. Please click OK to...

Error message format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C531F6.BA179270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm new to VC.net and am confused by some of the error message format. For instance, what does the leading underscore on _WM and the trailing = @8 and @4 mean in these error messages? Thanks, E-Jo wmvFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = _WMCreateWriter@8 referenced in function "public: __thiscall = CwmvFile::CwmvFile(char const *,struct _GUID const &)" = (??0CwmvFile@...

plain text message appears as attachment?
Hi, For a couple of days now, all plain text email messages ( that I sent or that I receive) are shown in Outlook 2002 to have an attachement that has the name of the subject of the mail and extension txt. Other mail clients do not show any attachment of the mail text. How can I get rid of this sudden behaviour? thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 prints blank page
Hello, Windows XP, Office 2007 SP2, Exchange 2007 SP1. Users want to print their calendar in a pocket view : - Go to the calendar view - File, Print - Print range : 4 days of the week (Tuesday to Friday for example) - Click on Daily Style, Page Setup - Go to the Paper Tab - Select 1/4 sheet booklet - Click on Print The document is correctly printed, but... A blank page is also printed ! I tested on different computers with different printers, same behaviour... Do you have any idea ? Thanks for your help ! Luuke I can repro that here as well in a clean testing environment. I've repo...

importing into outlook 2000
Hi, I am trying to import a pst file from outlook into my laptop. when I import I get a file access is denied, I do not have permission required to access. I can't see where to set pemission or where to find the toggle for read only. Thankyou for any help. Joe Sheldon killerjo@pacbell.net I Figured it out! I was trying to import the file from the cd. When I placed it in a folder on the hard drive, it loaded right up. killerjo >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I am trying to import a...

I upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007, now the program will not open up
I upgraded a trial version of Office Small Business Edition 2003 to Office Small Business Edition 2007. Everything except my Outlook program works. When I try to start Outlook, the error message indicates that Microsoft Contact Manager has experienced a problem and needs to close. I uninstalled Office 2007 and lost everything related to Office 2003. Any thoughts or suggestions? WillR <WillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I upgraded a trial version of Office Small Business Edition 2003 to > Office Small Business Edition 2007. Everything except my Outlook > progra...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Upgrade to 2003 With New PST Format
What is the best way to upgrade an existing version of Outlook to 2003 (XP to be exact) to have it create the new PST file format? I have done a few upgrades and it kept the old type of PST file that has the 1.8GB limit. Thanks! Create a new profile and it'll create a new pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipst...

MSO2k Message Rules>Reply with Template???
MS Outlook 2000 on WinXP Home. I'd like to utilize the message rules wizard's "Reply with Template"--but can't figure out how to DEFINE the template to say what I want to say. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA -- RDI You need to use File | Save As save the desired response message as an Outlook template .oft file. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx &...