Outlook XP: Some Contacts Don't Show

I have Outlook XP. I moved my information from one computer to another via
PST file import-export. Everything took just fine except one level of my
contacts don't come up with a new mail message when trying to use it
clicking "To...." They are there under the contacts folder plain as day, but
won't work when "new...message...To..."

The level looks like this:

Contacts
    Glenwood Contacts
    Jenifers
    Marriage Class
    Photography

The ones in the "root" directory (contacts) work fine; the ones in the
sub-directories shown don't work at all.

I tried tweaking in "Tools....Accounts....Directory" (both of the 2 choices)
but nothing seems to work.

Tips?

LRH

Import and Export is a poor choice for moving data between installations.
You aren't needing to change file formats here. Just open the other PST and
copy what you need.

Do your subfolders appear correctly? If so, did you enable them each as
email address books in their properties?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Larry R Harrison Jr" <private@email.net> wrote in message
> I have Outlook XP. I moved my information from one computer to another via
> PST file import-export. Everything took just fine except one level of my
> contacts don't come up with a new mail message when trying to use it
> clicking "To...." They are there under the contacts folder plain as day,
but
> won't work when "new...message...To..."
>
> The level looks like this:
>
> Contacts
>     Glenwood Contacts
>     Jenifers
>     Marriage Class
>     Photography
>
> The ones in the "root" directory (contacts) work fine; the ones in the
> sub-directories shown don't work at all.
>
> I tried tweaking in "Tools....Accounts....Directory" (both of the 2
choices)
> but nothing seems to work.
>
> Tips?
>
> LRH

0
russval (3097)
> Import and Export is a poor choice for moving data between installations.
> You aren't needing to change file formats here. Just open the other PST
and
> copy what you need.
>
> Do your subfolders appear correctly? If so, did you enable them each as
> email address books in their properties?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks a lot! Your latter question (did I enable them as email address books
in their properties) was it. In fact that option was NOT checked. I checked
them all, and voila--problem solved!

Thanks again.

LRH

xp no boot menu no key board option
My friend's parents have asked me to "fix their computer" I think the only problem is: I need to re-install XP and drivers. The only problem with that is I cannot get to the boot menu. On start up, the screen goes blank and goes to the "megatrends" screen where it tells you the status of your HD and stuff. I tried ps2 and usb keyboards but i cannot get to the boot menu. Both keyboards I was using have led lights but they never turn on I checked connections and all were fastened properly. thanks for reading -- namflow44 -------------------------...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Delivery Options Does Not Show Up.
I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but I can't seem to find the Delivery Options Button under "Exchange Advanced" tab of ADU&C. I can only see three options: Custom Attributes ILS Settings Mailbox Rights What am I missing. It should be there. Thanks for your time Percy it's on the Exchange General tab... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845C7BCF-BB5B-4E56-9CB6-5C05F32F3A9E@microsoft.com... >I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but ...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

outlook and links in emails

Same Contact, Different Owners
We are running V4. Big big concern of our users is multiple owners of a single contact. CRM is only allowing one user to sync back changes from the CRM to Outlook (so the first user to synch their Outlook contacts with CRM wins). Even if record is shared, updates are not being synch'd. Are there any solutions/ideas/suggestions to handle this? The easier way to do it is to modify the local data rule for synchornizing the data. The default rule is to download all of the records owned by the login user. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 6:26=...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...