outlook xp recovered data - from CD - how?

I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp
data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer
the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts,
personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to
my existing Outlook folders?  Where does that data reside
on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)?  Would
very much appreciate any help. Thanks.

"kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message
> I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp
> data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer
> the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts,
> personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to
> my existing Outlook folders?  Where does that data reside
> on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)?  Would
> very much appreciate any help. Thanks.

answered in microsoft.public.outlook.general 10 minutes ago.

0
me9 (928)
12/2/2003 4:58:20 PM
Thank you very much - especially for the quick reply! kh.

0
anonymous (74717)
> Thank you very much - especially for the quick reply! kh.

0
me9 (928)
> Thank you very much - especially for the quick reply! kh.

You're welcome!

0
me9 (928)
12/2/2003 5:16:33 PM
>I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp
>data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer
>the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts,
>personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to
>my existing Outlook folders?  Where does that data reside
>on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)?

Just a nit: there is no "Outlook XP".  It's Outlook 2002, part of Office XP.

There should be a few .PST files on that CD.  Copy them to any folder you
want (although Outlook defaults to
"C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook") and open them with Outlook with File>Open>Outlook
Data File.  You'll have all of your calendar, aontacts, messages, etc.  Move
the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, etc. (but not necessarily the
messages) to the primary delivery target, if you already have some new
things added in.  Alternatively, while Outlook is not running, rename the
new PST file to some other name and rename to old PST file to the name
Outlook currently expects and start Outlook.  It will use the old file as
though it were the current delivery target and things should be back to
normal.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/2/2003 11:04:25 PM
"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message

> Just a nit: there is no "Outlook XP".  It's Outlook 2002, part of Office
XP.

No, it's Outlook XP part of Office 2002 - the two are interchangeable.

0
me9 (928)
12/2/2003 11:23:25 PM
rifleman <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> No, it's Outlook XP part of Office 2002 - the two are interchangeable.

Click Help>About Microsoft Outlook.  It will NOT say it's Outlook XP.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/3/2003 12:02:54 AM
> rifleman <me9@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> > No, it's Outlook XP part of Office 2002 - the two are interchangeable.
>
> Click Help>About Microsoft Outlook.  It will NOT say it's Outlook XP.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

Excel help-about ALSO says "Excel 2002" yet it is called Excel XP
familiarly - XP and 2002 are interchangeable.

0
me9 (928)
12/3/2003 8:12:48 AM
There were no pst files in my recovered data.  I looked.
They were all dbx.  I don't understand it.  I was using
Outlook when my hard drive failed.  However, I did as
Rifleman had instructed in a later post, and imported the
data (dbx files) into OE, then imported it from OE into
Outlook - successfully!!!  I'm happy.  Thanks to both
Rifleman and Brian for your assistance. kh.

0
kevhef (2)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

xp no boot menu no key board option
My friend's parents have asked me to "fix their computer" I think the only problem is: I need to re-install XP and drivers. The only problem with that is I cannot get to the boot menu. On start up, the screen goes blank and goes to the "megatrends" screen where it tells you the status of your HD and stuff. I tried ps2 and usb keyboards but i cannot get to the boot menu. Both keyboards I was using have led lights but they never turn on I checked connections and all were fastened properly. thanks for reading -- namflow44 -------------------------...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Sync of private data
I'm a long time user of Outlook and it's the primary tool I use to keep organized. I keep personal and business appointments, contacts and tasks in Outlook and I sync that data with my BlackBerry. Currently, my company does not use a company calendar, but we may start using Exchange. If so, I would like to prevent private data from being synced with Exchange. Specifically, I'm OK with the "private" functionality for contacts and tasks. But for appointments, I'd like to be able to: - share the appointment normally, such as a business appointment - show the time as ...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...