Outlook XP Attachment Problem

Hi

One of my users is just unable to receive attachments over 20 megs or
so in size for some unknown reason.  Outlook sits for 6-7 minutes
downloading the message+attachment, then just shows the message as
having no attachment in his inbox.

Things I've verified:
PST is well under limit, @ 800 megs or so
User receives attachments under 20 megs just fine (Tried 7/10/18 meg
attachments)
The attachments ARE on the email server, I downloaded them to my laptop
no problem.
Have run most recent office updates.
Have tried reinstalling office entirely
Have run detect/repair
Attachments are not blocked file types.  (Doc/Avi/Zip)
Thanks

0
timrenzi (2)

Timothy Renzi <timrenzi@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> One of my users is just unable to receive attachments over 20 megs or
> so in size for some unknown reason.  Outlook sits for 6-7 minutes
> downloading the message+attachment, then just shows the message as
> having no attachment in his inbox.

If the server connection times out before the entire attachment is received,
you might see this.  Try lengthening the server timeout value on the
Advanced tab of the mail account properties pages.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)
12/17/2004 8:59:19 PM
Tried it thanks, didn't work though.  Set the server timeouts at 10
minutes, and I still get the same result.

0
timrenzi (2)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

xp no boot menu no key board option
My friend's parents have asked me to "fix their computer" I think the only problem is: I need to re-install XP and drivers. The only problem with that is I cannot get to the boot menu. On start up, the screen goes blank and goes to the "megatrends" screen where it tells you the status of your HD and stuff. I tried ps2 and usb keyboards but i cannot get to the boot menu. Both keyboards I was using have led lights but they never turn on I checked connections and all were fastened properly. thanks for reading -- namflow44 -------------------------...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Receiveng garbage instead of mail text or attachments in OL2003
I have Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro box. A friend has Outlook 2003 in a Windows Vista Business box. I ONLY send mail in text form (Ido not use HTML or Outllok Rich text format). He gets my mails in raw form (Spanish Outlook both): ********************** -----Mensaje original----- De: xxxxxx [mailto:xxx@xxxxx] Enviado el: martes, 10 de febrero de 2009 12:03 p.m. Asunto: Desacople del Generador Return-Path: <xxxxxx@xxxxxx> Delivered-To: wwwwwwwww@xxxxxx Received: (qmail 44010 invoked by uid 88); 10 Feb 2009 14:24:44 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXX) (xx.xx.xx.xx) by XXXXXXXXX wit...

gridlines in outlook?

attachment formats
Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in the body of the message in the format of <<filename.doc>>. The attachment also appears at the bottom of the message as an icon. How is the format of enclosing the filename within these tags accomplished? thanks, Rick ...

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

can't create rules in outlook

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me). For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too common and not related to a specific site or sites. So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't want t...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Outlook 2007