outlook xp AND outlook 2003

I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in the
Add/Remove programs list.

0
no1486 (13)

There is no such thing as Outlook XP.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked:

| I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in
| the Add/Remove programs list.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/13/2006 8:36:17 PM
OK...how about OUTLOOK that comes as part of OFFICE XP...aka OFFICE 2002?

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 12:07:25 AM
Without any furious head scratching head, Rrose Selavy nonetheless writes:

And...if the application  that is part of OFFICE 2003 is called OUTLOOK 2003
I should think that the corresponding application in OFFICE XP or 2002 is
called OUTLOOK XP or OUTLOOK 2002. Just a logical leap that may not apply.

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 12:20:24 AM
Google brings back thousands of hits for OUTLOOK XP. There seem to be a lot
of people out there who refer to this application as OUTLOOK XP.

-- Outlook XP is the PIM (Personal Information Manager) component of
Microsoft Office XP

-- Microsoft Outlook XP addresses all your communication needs.

Amazon lists 20 books with OUTLOOK XP in the title.

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 12:43:07 AM
Sorry, but publications/websites/etc. that refer to Outlook XP are simply
wrong as the Microsoft "Official" name for it is Outlook 2002, as are all
the other programs included in Office XP (Word 2002, Excel 2002, etc.)

Being wrong everywhere does not make it right.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked:

| Google brings back thousands of hits for OUTLOOK XP. There seem to be
| a lot of people out there who refer to this application as OUTLOOK XP.
|
| -- Outlook XP is the PIM (Personal Information Manager) component of
| Microsoft Office XP
|
| -- Microsoft Outlook XP addresses all your communication needs.
|
| Amazon lists 20 books with OUTLOOK XP in the title.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/14/2006 2:11:42 AM
Hmm, and where did you acquire this ENTERPRISE ONLY version of Office XP
Professional with FrontPage?  A warez site perhaps?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

"rrose selavy" <no@yes.com> wrote in message

0
MillyS (3228)
1/14/2006 2:13:07 AM
    >....Hmm, and where did you acquire this ENTERPRISE ONLY version of
Office XP
Professional with FrontPage?  A warez site perhaps?

No. From a relative who works for Microsoft.

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 5:57:07 AM
ps....do you really think I'd post all this stuff in the manner I did if I
illegally acquired this software?

Refering to the product as XP rather than a 2002 was a pretty harmless
error...if  indead genuine error it was if there is such common reference to
the product at Outlook XP.

Sorry to have disturbed you and your apparant need for pedantic accuracy.

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 6:15:02 AM
        >>>if  indead genuine error

Keystroke error. "Indeed" was intended.
Because accuracy has become important herein.

Again...sorry...didn't mean to foment confrontation

0
no1486 (13)
1/14/2006 6:28:32 AM
rotfl

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked:

|        >>>if  indead genuine error
|
| Keystroke error. "Indeed" was intended.
| Because accuracy has become important herein.
|
| Again...sorry...didn't mean to foment confrontation

0
MillyS (3228)

windows media player 11 for windows xp
I did a system restore on my computer because neither my dell cinema player, my windows media player, nor my windows media player would play sound when i inserted any type of dvd. It played the picture fine, but no sound. There was no problem when i play a cd though. After the restore, i couldn't open up windows media player at all, I would get a yellow symbol with an exclamation point in it saying "internal application error". How can I correct this? Does reinstalling WMP fix the internal application error? If you don't have the original install package anymore,...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Excel Crash

Office XP to Office 2004 Question
Hi, I am sure this question has been asked many times, but I've never had occasion to look at Mac NGs before, so please accept my apologies. I am a Windows XP user who is contemplating the change to a Mac. I have Office XP Pro installed on my Windows machine, and I accept that I'll need to get the Mac Office (Office 2004?) when I change over. I understand that Word, Excel & Powerpoint files should migrate in a fairly straightforward manner, but I am less sure about Outlook to Entourage. (I'm assuming here that Entourage is the Mac 'equivalent' of Outlook?) I h...

Outlook 2003

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...