Outlook XP #28

I just installed Outlook on my notebook.  I attempted to
send an email and got the following message;  interface
not registered.

What is "interface not registered".  I ran MS help and as
usual with MS Help it provided everthing from cooking to
stock tips but nothing resembling the pop up message.

Can anyone tell me what "interface not registered" means
and how to correct it so I can start emailing again?

Thanks,
Dave
0
anonymous (74721)

Problems with Outlook 2002 after downgrade
I had Office 2000 installed without Outlook. I installed a copy of Outlook 2003. I then un-installed Outlook 2003, and upgraded Office 2000 to Office 2002 to include Outlook 2002. I have three pop accounts set up. After doing this, I cannot use the "Send and Receive" button, I just get a message which says "The Operation failed" and nothing else. If I go to Tools-Send and Receive and choose any of the options there, they all work, i.e. I can get mail for all accounts or each account individually. Also the only option under Tools-Send and Receive settings that works is "...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
How do I view the ruler in Microsoft Outlook 2007 Ruler? Are you referring to the past when Outlook used Word for e-mail formatting? "Donna Coe" <Donna Coe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E95B9DE8-D1BF-4CF3-B032-7F4A39215BB5@microsoft.com... > How do I view the ruler in Microsoft Outlook 2007 For me, I just simply point the mouse pointer to the top of the body area (just directly below the subject). The ruler automatically appears. "Donna Coe" <Donna Coe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E95B9DE8-D1BF-4CF3-B032-7F4A39...

Outlook 2003
Hello All, I have a strange problem. The timestamp Outlook puts on all my sent/incoming etc emails have an hour earlier than my system time. For example, if my system time is 1:36PM and I send my self an email, it shows it was sent at 12:36PM and received also at 12:36PM. Does anyone know what may be causing this and how to correct it? Thanks :) I fixed it... I checked my Date Time settings in Control Panel and it was set for the correct time (Central Time). However, the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" was not checked. So, I checked it and sent myse...

Outlook 2003 Journal #2
Does anyone know if I can use Outlook 2003's Journal feature to track files other than Microsoft documents?? I'm particularly interested in tracking Autocad 2007 files. I don't know if it's still around but a few years ago there was an AutoCAD addin for Outlook journaling. See if you can find it in a list of AutoCAD addins on their Web site. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <pbru...

Outlook 2000 error message
Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error message. "An OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." Then when I click the OK button, Outlook closes. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express, but this error wont go away. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Windows NT. Thanks Are you logged on with Administrative rights when installing Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error >message. "...

Upgrading from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I've upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and it is set as my default mail client. I can send e-mails from 2003, but all incoming e-mails are still going to Express. Do I need to uninstall Express, or is there another setting that I've overlooked? Thanks. remove or disable the mail account in OE by removing the check from tools, accounts, email account properties to do automatic mail checks. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Outlook messes up Plain Text, forces paste into Rich Text
Hello, I get output from a webpage using javascript. The data is formatted into rows and columns, padded out by spaces. The data looks great as plain text(A), but when it's pasted into Outlook it gets all messed up(B). Cut and paste into Notepad to see the differences pls (no wordwrap). Outlook appears to squash out all the spaces! : ( A: Ref. Time Filled Placed By Commodity Account Quantity Currency Direction Commission Price USD Price Prompt Date 2839 19-Aug-04 14:33:20 TESTDEV LME Nickel TEST 1 USD Sell 1...

Outlook Follow-up on Messages
I'm having trouble with the Follow up feature in Outlook 2003. I like to be reminded to follow up on email messages, so I r-click on a message, choose Follow Up, and then choose Add Reminder. I can then set a date and time for the reminder, as well as a flag color. However, the reminder never goes off-- I never get reminded to follow up. I would appreciate if anyone can provide help on what I may be doing wrong. Thanks! GC Is the message in one of your default folders? It only works there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

Migrating Email from Outlook (Office 2000)/ Win98SE to XP Office and WinXP
I used a fairly reliable product, Intellimover, to transfer files from an old Win98SE pc to a new HP running Windows XP and Home version of Office. All files, IE bookmarks, etc, transfered perfect, but none of my email came over. The files that are *.pst are older archive emails - nothing current. The import/export option in Office didn't seem to secure the current emails either. Does anyone know if there is a compatibility issue..or is this just "operator error?" Also - is there a quick way to copy existing emails onto a USB flash stick (e.g. Sandisk's minicruzer) ...

Multiple users in Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 and my fiance wants a separate user account for her e-mail contacts and such. I've read other postings that said go to mail in control panel and select profiles. However, my Outlook 2000 does not show a profiles tab. Could someone help me out. Thanks. You must have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, which does not support profiles. If you need to keep things completely separate between your mail/contacts/appointments/etc. and those of your fiancee', your options are: 1) Switch to Corporate/Workgroup mode, which does support profiles; 2) S...

returning to Office XP
I've had Outlook 2003 on my my machine for a few months now but have not been happy with it's performance at all. I've installed Business Contact Manager twice, both times the system has become unstable within a couple of days. This last time my system keeps shutting down and I have to reboot several times before my system will start up again. I've just had to do this again and when I went to Outlook I discover that ALL my inbox has dissappeared, the business tools menu has gone, and when trying to open a Business Contact Outlook displays an error 'cannot find for...

recover outlook information
A friend of mine's hard drive crashed and so I installed a new one and set the old one as a slave. I'm trying to recover the contacts mainly from the old drive. I've installed outlook and all other appropriate software on the new drive. My problem is that I can't find a PST file anywhere to import. Could it be stored some other way? The original version of Outlook they were using was 9 which might be 2000, I'm not sure. They're using XP now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Try searching in hidden and system folders for PST files -- WinXP tends to hide them....

Outlook 2002 Attachments removal
Hi does anyone know how to stop outlook from removing attachments from email either sent or received? Common files removed are exe and bat files but lately my doc files have been removed. I can't receive doc files either. If you have any information please let me know at drfosgate@new.rr.com Thanks ...

Outlook Express 02-05-10
I checked my language default on this and it is French, with no option to pick up English. Any ideas? You should ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, as this is Outlook (not related). "Mich" <Mich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BA3F748-737C-4D28-B71D-A7639B3F8FAE@microsoft.com... :I checked my language default on this and it is French, with no option to : pick up English. Any ideas? "Mich" <Mich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BA3F748-737C-4D28-B71D-A7639B3F8FAE@microsoft.com... >I checked my langu...

SQL Agent not able to open the outlook
Hello, I have one user called as SQL Agent which also act as Serivce Account for SQl. I am able to create outprofile for this user however when i try to open the outlook i am getting this error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed." I am able to login throuhg OWA, Tried on different outlook versions. Even under Exchange System Manager => Mailbox store => Logons => Under this i am able to see 32 times the SQL Agent. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance Did you creat...

Outlook keeps "forgetting" account password
I am running Outlook 2002 as part of the Office 2002 Professional suite on a machine with MS Vista Home Premium. Every time I open Outlook, the password for my account is apparently "forgotten" and needs to be typed in. However, when I do this, I get an error message: "Task 'mail.bigpond.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: �" But the error is not that the password has bee...

Outlook connector 12-21-09
I use Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Calendar for my personal mail. I use Outlook for my business mail. I installed Outlook Connector v 12.0.6423.1000. That gave me a new account (my personal mail account) in Outlook. However, while I see the Live Calendar, it does not sync with my Outlook calendar. In addition, there are no messages in the personal mail account inbox. When i display the Send/Receive dialog box, I see that the bar is sitting halfway toward completion but stops there. Also, when I look at Data file Management, under data file location for my personal ac...

Outlook Express 6.0 Win XP
How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express to burn on a CD ? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express >to burn on a CD ? > >Thanks >. >try this site it helped me http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm ...

MS crm outlook for sale. Off-line mode
Hi, MS crm outlook for sale reported a error if jimp to off-line mode. In Event viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessReques...

Error Message Exiting Outlook
I keep getting an error message when exiting Outlook 2002. It says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and the text says "Compile error in hiddne module: AutoExit". What's causing that? I don't use Outlook for email, but had to set up an account to be able to change the store folder to link to my previous files saved on another drive. I don't know if that has anything to do with it... ...

Clickable link on Outlook HTML Body

Email sits in Outbox in Outlook 2007 on Vista
I have a user who has Outlook 2007 installed on a Vista Laptop. The emails on it are using Exchange 2003. The user has a setting, so that the email will only be send, if he presses the Send/Receive button. Till then they stay in the Outbox, which is fine. The problem he has is when he finishes the email and presses send/ receive from the Outbox, the email doesn't go and stays there forever. But if he presses the send/receive button from the Inbox without going to the Outbox folder, the email goes fine. If he has checked the email in the Outbox list, the 1st one would never get send and it...

backup download for Outlook 2002 (bfbackup.exe)
From the Microsoft Web Site I downloaded pfbackup.exe onto my harddrive and proceeded to install it and received a message that the installation was successful; however, when I open Outlook 2002 there is no backup option listed on the file menu. Would anyone be able to help me? In advance many thanks. Sidney Is there an entry under Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->Add-in Manager? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sidney <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Problem with Extension Configuration files in Outlook 2007
My configuration is WinXP with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003. I recently started to see the following error messages at Outlook start up: The extension configuration file c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\addins\dumpster.ecf cannot be installed..... I get the same error message for the files msspc.ecf and outex.pcf. Then, I get the same three messages for the same three files, but the file names are in caps. Finally, Outlook tells me "Cannot open mail files" and quits. Anybody seen this one? Locate extend.dat and rename it to .old when Outlook is closed. ...