Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2

I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626).  When
sending/receiving only the default account is being checked.

Send/Receive group is configured as follows.  Beneath "Group Name" it says
"All Accounts.  Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline."
"Include this group in send/receive" is checked.  I

guess this is default as I have never configured this manually.  I have
tried deleteing the account and re-entering it.  After re-entering, Outlook
will "Test Account Settings" okay.  A message is sent to the webmail server.
I'm baffled.  I have used this both of these accounts for over a year and
this problem has just come up.  I have checked for viruses using two virus
checkers.  I'm baffled.  Thanks for your help!

APB

0
pager59 (15)

But are both accounts included in this Send/Receive group?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626).  When
> sending/receiving only the default account is being checked.
>
> Send/Receive group is configured as follows.  Beneath "Group Name" it says
> "All Accounts.  Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline."
> "Include this group in send/receive" is checked.  I
>
> guess this is default as I have never configured this manually.  I have
> tried deleteing the account and re-entering it.  After re-entering,
Outlook
> will "Test Account Settings" okay.  A message is sent to the webmail
server.
> I'm baffled.  I have used this both of these accounts for over a year and
> this problem has just come up.  I have checked for viruses using two virus
> checkers.  I'm baffled.  Thanks for your help!
>

> APB

0
russval (3097)
4/21/2004 2:40:30 AM
I guess I don't understand your question Russ.  I presumed that when the
group is configured for "All Accounts," that would include the account in
question.  Please set me straight.

Thanks

> But are both accounts included in this Send/Receive group?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626).
When
> > sending/receiving only the default account is being checked.
> >
> > Send/Receive group is configured as follows.  Beneath "Group Name" it
says
> > "All Accounts.  Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and
Offline."
> > "Include this group in send/receive" is checked.  I
> >
> > guess this is default as I have never configured this manually.  I have
> > tried deleteing the account and re-entering it.  After re-entering,
> Outlook
> > will "Test Account Settings" okay.  A message is sent to the webmail
> server.
> > I'm baffled.  I have used this both of these accounts for over a year
and
> > this problem has just come up.  I have checked for viruses using two
virus
> > checkers.  I'm baffled.  Thanks for your help!
> >

> > APB

0
pager59 (15)
4/21/2004 3:04:26 AM
That's a natural assumption. However, "All Accounts" is simply the name of
the SR Group. What it actually includes is what you see when you click on
the "Edit..." button.
--
> I guess I don't understand your question Russ.  I presumed that when the
> group is configured for "All Accounts," that would include the account in
> question.  Please set me straight.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > But are both accounts included in this Send/Receive group?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626).
> When
> > > sending/receiving only the default account is being checked.
> > >
> > > Send/Receive group is configured as follows.  Beneath "Group Name" it
> says
> > > "All Accounts.  Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and
> Offline."
> > > "Include this group in send/receive" is checked.  I
> > >
> > > guess this is default as I have never configured this manually.  I
have
> > > tried deleteing the account and re-entering it.  After re-entering,
> > Outlook
> > > will "Test Account Settings" okay.  A message is sent to the webmail
> > server.
> > > I'm baffled.  I have used this both of these accounts for over a year
> and
> > > this problem has just come up.  I have checked for viruses using two
> virus
> > > checkers.  I'm baffled.  Thanks for your help!
> > >

> > > APB

0
russval (3097)
4/21/2004 9:57:53 AM
Thanks Russ.  If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the
"Edit..." button in the "S/R Groups" box.  When I click on that button, I
get a message that says "The operation failed."  What do I do now?

Thanks again!

> That's a natural assumption. However, "All Accounts" is simply the name of
> the SR Group. What it actually includes is what you see when you click on
> the "Edit..." button.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I guess I don't understand your question Russ.  I presumed that when the
> > group is configured for "All Accounts," that would include the account
in
> > question.  Please set me straight.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > But are both accounts included in this Send/Receive group?
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > When

> > says
> > Offline."

> have
> > > Outlook
> > > server.
> > and
> > virus

0
pager59 (15)
4/21/2004 11:56:52 AM
Aha. You have a damaged Send/Receive group.
Create a new one from scratch.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/3/36.asp

--
> Thanks Russ.  If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the
> "Edit..." button in the "S/R Groups" box.  When I click on that button, I
> get a message that says "The operation failed."  What do I do now?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > That's a natural assumption. However, "All Accounts" is simply the name
of
> > the SR Group. What it actually includes is what you see when you click
on
> > the "Edit..." button.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > I guess I don't understand your question Russ.  I presumed that when
the
> > > group is configured for "All Accounts," that would include the account
> in
> > > question.  Please set me straight.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > When

> it
> > > says
> > > Offline."

> > have
> year
> > > and
> > > virus

0
russval (3097)
4/21/2004 4:39:03 PM
Followed instructions in the KB article.  Thanks but it didn't help.  After
creating the new group, I tried to edit it and got the same "operation
failed" message.  Went back to KB and found article 284312 - I get same
message only now happens when I try to download mail by clicking
"Send/Receive" OR if I try and edit the settings through the options
command.  Now I can't do anything.  Gotta love these computers!  Going to
try a clean install of Outlook if I can figure that out unless you have a
different idea.  I really do appreciate your help Russ.

APB

> Aha. You have a damaged Send/Receive group.
> Create a new one from scratch.
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/3/36.asp
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Russ.  If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the
> > "Edit..." button in the "S/R Groups" box.  When I click on that button,
> > get a message that says "The operation failed."  What do I do now?
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > That's a natural assumption. However, "All Accounts" is simply the
name
> of
> > > the SR Group. What it actually includes is what you see when you click
> on
> > > the "Edit..." button.
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> the
> > in

> (10.2627.6626).

Name"
> > it

> > > have
> re-entering,
> webmail
> > year
> two

0
pager59 (15)
4/22/2004 12:52:44 AM
I'd just create a new Profile.
Reinstalls are vastly overrated and rarely fix anything. The corruption most
likely resides in your Profile.

--
> Followed instructions in the KB article.  Thanks but it didn't help.
After
> creating the new group, I tried to edit it and got the same "operation
> failed" message.  Went back to KB and found article 284312 - I get same
> message only now happens when I try to download mail by clicking
> "Send/Receive" OR if I try and edit the settings through the options
> command.  Now I can't do anything.  Gotta love these computers!  Going to
> try a clean install of Outlook if I can figure that out unless you have a
> different idea.  I really do appreciate your help Russ.
>
> APB
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Aha. You have a damaged Send/Receive group.
> > Create a new one from scratch.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/3/36.asp
> >
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Russ.  If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the
> > > "Edit..." button in the "S/R Groups" box.  When I click on that
button,
> > > get a message that says "The operation failed."  What do I do now?
> > >
> > > Thanks again!
> > >
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> name
> > of
> > on
> > the
> account
> > > in

> > (10.2627.6626).

> Name"
> > > it

> > re-entering,
> > webmail
> > > year
> > two

0
russval (3097)
4/22/2004 1:50:38 AM
You're right.  All the reinstall did was make it so that I cannot access
outlook at all.  I'm screwed now!  The Outlook icon changed to the generic
icon and when clicked on the "use which program" dialog pops up.  Of course
there is no Outlook there.  I believe that the program must have a life of
its own and I have made it incredibly angry!

ARGH!!

> I'd just create a new Profile.
> Reinstalls are vastly overrated and rarely fix anything. The corruption
most
> likely resides in your Profile.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Followed instructions in the KB article.  Thanks but it didn't help.
> After
> > creating the new group, I tried to edit it and got the same "operation
> > failed" message.  Went back to KB and found article 284312 - I get same
> > message only now happens when I try to download mail by clicking
> > "Send/Receive" OR if I try and edit the settings through the options
> > command.  Now I can't do anything.  Gotta love these computers!  Going
> > try a clean install of Outlook if I can figure that out unless you have
> > different idea.  I really do appreciate your help Russ.
> >
> > APB
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Aha. You have a damaged Send/Receive group.
> > > Create a new one from scratch.
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/3/36.asp
> > >
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> button,

> > name
> > > of
> click
> > > on
> when
> > > the
> > account

> > > (10.2627.6626).

> > Name"
> and

> manually.
> > > re-entering,
> > > webmail
> using
> > > two

0
pager59 (15)
4/22/2004 2:32:31 AM
Was able to "retrieve" the program.  Not sure how to create a new profile.
Will search help and KB for insight unless you can point me in the right
direction.  You have been very kind and I do appreciate your taking the time
to help me.

> You're right.  All the reinstall did was make it so that I cannot access
> outlook at all.  I'm screwed now!  The Outlook icon changed to the generic
> icon and when clicked on the "use which program" dialog pops up.  Of
course
> there is no Outlook there.  I believe that the program must have a life of
> its own and I have made it incredibly angry!
>
> ARGH!!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > I'd just create a new Profile.
> > Reinstalls are vastly overrated and rarely fix anything. The corruption
> most
> > likely resides in your Profile.
> >
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > Followed instructions in the KB article.  Thanks but it didn't help.
> > After
> > > creating the new group, I tried to edit it and got the same "operation
> > > failed" message.  Went back to KB and found article 284312 - I get
same
> > > message only now happens when I try to download mail by clicking
> > > "Send/Receive" OR if I try and edit the settings through the options
> > > command.  Now I can't do anything.  Gotta love these computers!  Going
> > > try a clean install of Outlook if I can figure that out unless you
have
> > > different idea.  I really do appreciate your help Russ.
> > >
> > > APB
> > >
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

> the
> > button,

> > > name
> > click
> > when
> > > account

> message

> > > Name"
> > and

> > manually.
> over
> > using

0
pager59 (15)
4/22/2004 3:05:59 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287072&Product=ol2002

--
> Was able to "retrieve" the program.  Not sure how to create a new profile.
> Will search help and KB for insight unless you can point me in the right
> direction.  You have been very kind and I do appreciate your taking the
time
> to help me.
>
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > You're right.  All the reinstall did was make it so that I cannot access
> > outlook at all.  I'm screwed now!  The Outlook icon changed to the
generic
> > icon and when clicked on the "use which program" dialog pops up.  Of
> course
> > there is no Outlook there.  I believe that the program must have a life
of
> > its own and I have made it incredibly angry!
> >
> > ARGH!!
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > I'd just create a new Profile.
> > > Reinstalls are vastly overrated and rarely fix anything. The
corruption
> > most
> > > likely resides in your Profile.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > After
> same
Going
> have

> > the
> > > button,

> the
> > > click
> that
> > > when

> > message

> checked.

> "Group
> "Online
> > > and

> > > manually.
> the
> > over
> > > using

0
russval (3097)
4/22/2004 3:10:05 AM
All of your help paid off Russ. Thank you so much for your perseverance!
New profile created.  Both addy's get checked.  All is well.  PST is
restored.  Everything is again as it should be.  Thanks for the education.
I hope I can pass this on to someone else.

APB

"A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> Was able to "retrieve" the program.  Not sure how to create a new profile.
> Will search help and KB for insight unless you can point me in the right
> direction.  You have been very kind and I do appreciate your taking the
time
> to help me.
>
> "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > You're right.  All the reinstall did was make it so that I cannot access
> > outlook at all.  I'm screwed now!  The Outlook icon changed to the
generic
> > icon and when clicked on the "use which program" dialog pops up.  Of
> course
> > there is no Outlook there.  I believe that the program must have a life
of
> > its own and I have made it incredibly angry!
> >
> > ARGH!!
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > I'd just create a new Profile.
> > > Reinstalls are vastly overrated and rarely fix anything. The
corruption
> > most
> > > likely resides in your Profile.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pager59@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > After
> same
Going
> have

> > the
> > > button,

> the
> > > click
> that
> > > when

> > message

> checked.

> "Group
> "Online
> > > and

> > > manually.
> the
> > over
> > > using

0
pager59 (15)
4/22/2004 3:33:20 AM
Did you create a new S/R group or delete/rename the *.srs file for your
profile? You need to delete the *.srs file... It's at C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in Windows xp.
> Followed instructions in the KB article.  Thanks but it didn't help.
After
> creating the new group, I tried to edit it and got the same "operation
> failed" message.  Went back to KB and found article 284312 - I get same
> message only now happens when I try to download mail by clicking
> "Send/Receive" OR if I try and edit the settings through the options
> command.  Now I can't do anything.  Gotta love these computers!  Going to
> try a clean install of Outlook if I can figure that out unless you have a
> different idea.  I really do appreciate your help Russ.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

0
info2937 (567)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want #2
I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus 'their handicap' = 'low net' score. I have this worksheet setup like this; A4:A23 = list of names Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula =SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one) Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is player one's calculated 'handicap'. In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, to p...

Updating a graph with 2 y axis
Hi, I have a Graph which on 1 axis which has 2 datalines shown as a line. and a 2nd axis which is a combined block. I am trying to add a 3rd item to the 1st axis but cannot get it to show as a line or on the same axis? Garfiled wrote: > Hi, I have a Graph which on 1 axis which has 2 datalines shown as a line. > and a 2nd axis which is a combined block. > I am trying to add a 3rd item to the 1st axis but cannot get it to show as a > line or on the same axis? > Right click on the graph line you want to change. and select "FormatDataSeries", then on the "Axis...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Outlook XP and attachments

date check with exchange rate
Hi, I have below information Cell A=dates Cell B =Amount Cell C= CurrencyYEN or USD Cell D= CDN equivalanet ( formula) Pick data Cell G=dates Cell H=USD Cell I=Yen =ROUND(IF($G$5<=A7,$H$5*B7,IF($G$4<=A7,$H$4*B7,IF($G$3<=A7,$H$3*B7,IF($G$2<=A7,$H$2*B7)))),2) I want the formula to check for what type of currency (USD or YEN) it is & then automatically pick up the exchange rate Plus if I go below the date range it works but If I pick up future date it gives me the last exchange rate I hope I have listed all the information, I can email sheet if required t...

Outlook 2007