Outlook Will Not Startup

Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years.  Auto
Updates is on.  Outlook now will not open.

The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager has
encountered a problem and needs to close..."  After getting past this Error
Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate the
problem..."  This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two
messages (see above) over and over as I click through them.

I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manager
with no effect.  No specific message appears identifying a corrupt file or
missing component.  I cannot use Windows diagnostic tools as I cannot open
the program.

Help!  Thanks.

Hi Outlook013,

does Outlook runs in the backgroud several times?

Have a look in the Task Manager under "process".

If not, I would try a new Outlook profile:

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003?:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829918

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Outlook013" <Outlook013@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years.  Auto
> Updates is on.  Outlook now will not open.
>
> The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager
> has
> encountered a problem and needs to close..."  After getting past this
> Error
> Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate
> the
> problem..."  This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two
> messages (see above) over and over as I click through them.
>
> I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact
> Manager
> with no effect.  No specific message appears identifying a corrupt file or
> missing component.  I cannot use Windows diagnostic tools as I cannot open
> the program.
>
> Help!  Thanks.

0
trash5936 (201)
2/6/2008 6:03:23 PM
Outlook appears to be starting normally, then the "Business Contact Manager
Error" message appears. Click on "Send" or "Do Not" Send Error Message
(doesn't matter), then the suggestion to click "YES to Open in Safe Mode"
comes up.  Again, click "OK" or "Cancel", doesn't seem to matter.  This leads
right back around to the original Business Contact Manager Error message, and
so on and so on and so on...

The only way to stop this curcuit is to go into Task Manager and "Close"
Outlook, which appears on the list as "Running".

Nothing has been changed or added or deleted recently.  Did reload the
software with no effect.  Now completely without business email!!

On Feb 6, 12:26=A0pm, Outlook013 <Outlook...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years. =A0Auto=

> Updates is on. =A0Outlook now will not open.
>
> The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager ha=
> encountered a problem and needs to close..." =A0After getting past this Er=
ror
> Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate t=
he
> problem..." =A0This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two
> messages (see above) over and over as I click through them.
>
> I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manag=
er
> with no effect. =A0No specific message appears identifying a corrupt file =
or
> missing component. =A0I cannot use Windows diagnostic tools as I cannot op=
en
> the program. =A0
>
> Help! =A0Thanks.

This happened to me before and what had happened was I had taken out
the SQL service that Business Contact Manager needs to run. I simply
went msconfig, started it, rebooted, and it worked again.

"Phil" wrote:

> On Feb 6, 12:26 pm, Outlook013 <Outlook...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years.  Auto
> > Updates is on.  Outlook now will not open.
> >
> > The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager has
> > encountered a problem and needs to close..."  After getting past this Error
> > Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate the
> > problem..."  This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two
> > messages (see above) over and over as I click through them.
> >
> > I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manager
> > with no effect.  No specific message appears identifying a corrupt file or
> > missing component.  I cannot use Windows diagnostic tools as I cannot open
> > the program.
> >
> > Help!  Thanks.
>
> This happened to me before and what had happened was I had taken out
> the SQL service that Business Contact Manager needs to run. I simply
> went msconfig, started it, rebooted, and it worked again.

As suggested, I went into msconfig.  By "started it" did you mean you
checked the box to activate?  If so, my SQL Agent was already checked off,
but under Status it said "stopped".  Wasn't really sure what you were
suggesting from there other than a reboot which I've done several times?
Thanks
Hi Outlook013,

did you try to create a new Outlook profile?

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003?:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829918

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
Extended reminder function for Outlook / Exchange: Public Reminder Addin

> Outlook appears to be starting normally, then the "Business Contact
> Manager
> Error" message appears. Click on "Send" or "Do Not" Send Error Message
> (doesn't matter), then the suggestion to click "YES to Open in Safe Mode"
> comes up.  Again, click "OK" or "Cancel", doesn't seem to matter.  This
> leads
> right back around to the original Business Contact Manager Error message,
> and
> so on and so on and so on...
>
> The only way to stop this curcuit is to go into Task Manager and "Close"
> Outlook, which appears on the list as "Running".
>
> Nothing has been changed or added or deleted recently.  Did reload the
> software with no effect.  Now completely without business email!!
>

> "Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Outlook013,
>>
>> does Outlook runs in the backgroud several times?
>>
>> Have a look in the Task Manager under "process".
>>
>> If not, I would try a new Outlook profile:
>>
>> How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003?:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829918
>>
>> Maybe it helps.
>>
>> --
>> Oliver Vukovics
>> Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
>> Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
>> http://www.publicshareware.com
>>
>> "Outlook013" <Outlook013@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years.
>> > Auto
>> > Updates is on.  Outlook now will not open.
>> >
>> > The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager
>> > has
>> > encountered a problem and needs to close..."  After getting past this
>> > Error
>> > Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to
>> > isolate
>> > the
>> > problem..."  This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two
>> > messages (see above) over and over as I click through them.
>> >
>> > I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact
>> > Manager
>> > with no effect.  No specific message appears identifying a corrupt file
>> > or
>> > missing component.  I cannot use Windows diagnostic tools as I cannot
>> > open
>> > the program.
>> >
>> > Help!  Thanks.

0
trash5936 (201)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...

Outlook 2000 boots for a few seconds, then shuts down
My Outlook 2000 (running under XP) has started booting, but only for a few seconds, then it shuts down by itself. I cannot access new or stored messages, manage the personal folders, etc. I get a popup Microsoft Outlook message that says: Error signature AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: emailscanner.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00040df3 To view technical information about the error report, click here. CLOSE button I have re-installed Microsoft Office 2000 (including Outlook 2000), but the problem remains. Outlook still boots and then disappears in seconds...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...