Outlook User Gets Outlook Express Notice "Can Compact Messages"

I am an Outlook user and not using Outlook Express; Outlook is my default
email program.  About a month ago, I started getting notices that Outlook
Express can compact messages to free up disc space.  I double checked the
settings and they are correct; set on Outlook and not Outlook Express.

I have done lots of research on line on this seems to be a recurring problem.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?  Thanks.

If you look in the Outlook Express newsgroup and even ask there, you'll find
out that it can be triggered by third party applications. It's been covered
there countless times.

:
: I have done lots of research on line on this seems to be a recurring
problem.
:
: Does anyone know how to resolve this?  Thanks.

0
Tom

Outlook User Gets Outlook Express Notice "Can Compact Messages"
I am an Outlook user and not using Outlook Express; Outlook is my default email program. About a month ago, I started getting notices that Outlook Express can compact messages to free up disc space. I double checked the settings and they are correct; set on Outlook and not Outlook Express. I have done lots of research on line on this seems to be a recurring problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks. If you look in the Outlook Express newsgroup and even ask there, you'll find out that it can be triggered by third party applications. It's been covered t...

To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have never used Outlook Express. "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes." "Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B333C7-3076-4788-A23F-652B389F9A3B@microsoft.com... > This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have > never > used Outlook Express. > > "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may > take > up to a f...

OE Can Compact Messages!
Hi, I repeatedly get the often complained about message from OE; "To free up disk space Outlook Express can compact messages...........". I've read the answers to other posters re this nuisance and have dealt with all "The Usual Suspects". In fact that has been my practice for a long time without ever encountering this problem. It has surfaced only recently with no changes in the PC of which I'm aware. The crowning insult occurred today immediately after I had just completed a total manual compacting. A solution would be greatly appreciated. T...