Outlook Today #7

I recently installed Office 2000 on a laptop running
Windows XP Pro. I am having trouble opening the customize
outlook today menu. When I open the Outlook Today Folder,
the Customize Outlook Today button appears. When I click
on the Customize Outlook Today Button, the menu does not
appear. I reinstalled the program but that did not fix the
problem.
Any solutions???????????????
Thanks Bill
0
billm1 (1)

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575

Really, is it that hard to use google.groups.com?  This is answered dozens
of times each day.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Bill <billm@csielectric.com> asked:

| I recently installed Office 2000 on a laptop running
| Windows XP Pro. I am having trouble opening the customize
| outlook today menu. When I open the Outlook Today Folder,
| the Customize Outlook Today button appears. When I click
| on the Customize Outlook Today Button, the menu does not
| appear. I reinstalled the program but that did not fix the
| problem.
| Any solutions???????????????
| Thanks Bill

0
MillyS1 (1480)
10/16/2003 2:31:54 AM
I am glad that my problem has been diagnosed.  Is there a=20
cure?

The fact that I can no longer customize Outlook Today=20
because of a critical update seems a bit puzzling.  Was=20
this by design or by accident?

Thanks

Don

US;820575

>Really, is it that hard to use google.groups.com?  This=20
is answered dozens
>of times each day.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.

>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
>Bill <billm@csielectric.com> asked:
>
>| I recently installed Office 2000 on a laptop running
>| Windows XP Pro. I am having trouble opening the=20
customize
>| outlook today menu. When I open the Outlook Today=20
Folder,
>| the Customize Outlook Today button appears. When I=20
click
>| on the Customize Outlook Today Button, the menu does=20
not
>| appear. I reinstalled the program but that did not fix=20
the
>| problem.
>| Any solutions???????????????
>| Thanks Bill
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Need a program that works with Outlook Express
I know there os a program for downloading that works with Outlook Express. Fixes such things as missing < at the start of reply lines. Can't remember the name nor came I find it searching the Internet. Do you know the name of a program like that. Thanks OE-QuoteFix: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:OTTBNIKbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I know there os a program for downloa...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007
I am try to create a policy using administrative temples. The software is Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. I retain emails that have been removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days. I want to prevent users from purging those emails. In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to create a custom disable group policy. For some reason, nobody seems to know the control ID. Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003 does not seem to work. Does anyone know the control ID? Is it in the list? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...

Hide Outlook messages error
Hi, is it possible to hide the error window for a particular internet account. I've this problem: an internal POP3 mail server doesn't support shared access to a single mailbox. This mailbox is needed to receive faxes and all user check this mailbox every 2 minutes. The problem (for users work) is raised when the error window appear too many times in a day... May is it possible to hide this windows via registry settings or other else? thanks in advance. Massimo Artini No, not possible. Better is to lower the frequency users check the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

Outlook does not reply on default
This is a second posting for the problem as the answer did not resolve the problem. I have come across this problem. There are two accounts set up, one PRO and one PB. The PRO is set as the default account. Now though when a reply is sent, the PB account is used to send the email instead of the PRO account which is the one defined as default. I have noticed that an email from a person not sent on either a PB or PRO address still has it's reply sent on the PB account. We would have thought that it should send on the default account unless the reply was to a person sending on...

print filter outlook 2003
If I have a filter selected with the current view, and I try and print it prints off of the items, not the one that are filtered. can some please help. Joe It should only print the fields and items that are visible in the view. Which print style are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote ...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Can't open hyperlink in Outlook Express
Hello friends. My father-in-law (80+ yrs. old) can't open any hyperlinks in e-mails. I'm trying to help, but have no clue. Is it something in his security settings in Outlook Express? I know the links work because I'm sending them to him in e-mails. I can click on my sent message and the hyperlink works fine. Thanks for any help. ...

Outlook Contacts list #2
When sending a new message and clicking on the "To" button, my contacts list opens, but there is nothing there anymore??? How do I fix this? That would depend on your Outlook version and what you did to break it just before "anymore." You haven't told us anything that would permit an answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:410099D7-22BD-40EC-8AC3-FAB3C4064CD4@microsoft.com... > When sending a new message and clicking on the "To" button, my contacts > list > opens, b...

Cannot access outlook.pst error
I run Win 98 and Outlook 2002 on my computer. All the sudden all the mail sent for the last 7 days starts showing up again in my INBOX. After that I cannot delete or move anything without the error message "The file c:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied" How can I fix this problem? ...

Outlook 2000 and RPC over HTTP?
Is RPC over HTTP supported by Outlook 2000? Is RPC over HTTP supported by Exchange Server prior to 2003 (i.e., 2000, 5.5)? Or, another way to ask: Must I use Exchange Server 2003, and Outlook 2003 to accomplish RPC over HTTP? Thanks, Thomas PS: Most webcast and literature state things a in way where I think the answer is 2003 only (for both OL and Exch), but it would be nice if a KB article said "not support" on prior version. FYI. Unless, of course, it's support on those version in which case I'd say that doesn't come across.... ahh, ain't marketing literature w...

Copying outlook backup .pst to cd drive
When I try to copy an outlook backup to my cd drive I get an error saying I do not have access to the drive. Everything else will copy, but not the .pst file; I am running with administrator access. Outlook version 2002 You have to make sure no one is accessing the PST. Close outlook for the machine you wish to backup. Robinson >-----Original Message----- >When I try to copy an outlook backup to my cd drive I get >an error saying I do not have access to the drive. >Everything else will copy, but not the .pst file; I am >running with administrator access. Outlook v...

outlook freezes attaching files
Outlook freezes when users try to attach files stored on a network drive. Only some users have this problem, if I do the same with a different login it work just fine. Any ideas.....?? ...

outlook #241
Using outlook 2002. Recently upgraded to XP Service Pack 2- now when I close outlook I get the search bar (find, etc) appearing on my desktop. Have to go to task bar and do show desktop to get rid of it. Has anyone seen this yet? ...

CRM email router requires Outlook Express components...
Hi, Just thought I'd pass on our success story with CRM-Exchange integration. We've been experiencing nothing but headaches with the Exchange Router configuration in the past week. We were not able to send emails from CRM and/or Web interface. What we had determine was that Outlook Express needs to be installed on the CRM servers. We are running CRM 3.0 on 2003 servers. However, by default, our servers are setup without Outlook Express components. Tons and tons of logs were passed back and forth to Microsoft BS. We decided to test by installing OE components and this finally reso...

Outlook address book #29
An organization I work with has an exchange address book of employees. I would like to make a copy/export/inport this address book into my home computer as a separate address book from my personal contact/address book. Can I do this and how? -- \\\|/// \\ ~ ~ // ( @ @ ) --oOOo-(_)-oOOo--- Charlie You would do well to clarify what you mean by "an exchange address book of employees." Might be nice to include versions along the way and a clearer description of what you want to do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

exporting and importing messages in Outlook 2002
I would like to restore my hard drive on my computer, and would like to export my Outlook messages to a file so I can import them again when my hard drive is reconfigured. When I use the typical import/export wizard, I lose the dates of my e-mails. When the messages are imported back to Outlook, they show up with the date as "None". Is there any way to get around this? Thanks. ...

outlook 2007 does not open
Good Morning, I downloaded the trial version of outlook 2007. I had the previous version of outlook on my computer. I run windows xp on a dell. When I click on the desktop icon for outlook it opens for a moment then the windows disappear. Outlook 2007 seems to be accessible through other programs, but I cannot get it to open by itself. I have run the repair wizard on all both outlook programs and I even reinstalled the previous outlook version from the disc that came with my computer. I can't seem to fine that version on my computer at all. I use Firefox as my browser and outlook...

Outlook 2002
We have moved users from one Exchange server to another on a different domain. The exchange servers are v 5.5 enterprise addition. When we set up the new accounts Outlook gives and error and states that the default folders cannot be opened due to permissions. We have 3 users who are using Outlook 2002 the rest use Outlook 2000. Only Outlook 2002 will not work. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Calender body no HTML (RichEdit control??? RTF or Plaintex
We have a problem showing a HTML body in an Accept / Reject mail message. I have read on a forum that a HTML body is not supported because the calender responses are shown using the "RichEdit" control in Outlook. This control can only show RTF or plaintext. When I view the source of the message in Outlook 2007 I see a comment line stating a transformation from the original body to a RTF body. I am unable to find this in the MSDN documentation, can someone tell me if I'm correct? Paul van de Louw;109289 Wrote: > We have a problem showing a HTML body in an A...

Outlook Conflicts Folder
What is the purpose of the Outlook Conflicts folder? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201002/1 From Outlook help Conflicts Contains all the multiple copies of conflicting items in your mailbox (mailbox: Location on a Microsoft Exchange server where your e-mail is delivered. Your administrator sets up a mailbox for each user. If you designate a personal folder file as your e-mail delivery location, messages are routed to it from your mailbox.). An InfoBar at the top of the original item advises you that a conflict f...

Calendar view in outlook
Hello, Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken Figured out my problem...it's a setting on each clients free/busy settings in the calendar options..if you want to see my calendar, I have to set my calendar settings, not vice versa...thanks anyway, ken >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other >people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken >. > ...

Import cc:mail cca files to Outlook
Hi all - I am looking for a program that will import some old cc:mail archives (.cca files) into Outlook. I use Outlook to do SMTP/POP mail, so it's all stored in a PST file. I have found some converter programs but they require that I am running Outlook with an Exchange mailbox. Any help? thx -Mike ...

Yahoo emails to Outlook
Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. and what is POP? Yahoo! mail requires a paid account to download and use through Outlook. Look on their page and query help files there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Iza asked: | Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. | and what is POP? Thank you Milly, now what about gmail? Does it also requires paid account? ...