outlook to outlook express #4

 Hi,

I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc
address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am
using Outlook Express 6

When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an
email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings
from Express.

Any and all help would be appreciated

0
manny_is (3)

I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about
importing from OE.  (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of
OE.)

"Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc
> address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I
> am using Outlook Express 6
>
> When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an
> email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings
> from Express.
>

> Any and all help would be appreciated

0
neo7948 (622)
8/12/2006 3:46:51 PM
thanks mate

when exporting OE to O will it export all my address book and all messages
etc

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about
>importing from OE.  (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out
>of OE.)
>
> "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc
>> address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I
>> am using Outlook Express 6
>>
>> When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an
>> email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings
>> from Express.
>>

>> Any and all help would be appreciated

0
manny_is (3)
8/12/2006 4:09:41 PM
I believe it does.  (and if it doesn't, you can always pick File | Import
and Export | Import internet mail and address...)

> thanks mate
>
> when exporting OE to O will it export all my address book and all messages
> etc
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about
>>importing from OE.  (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out
>>of OE.)
>>
>> "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc
>>> address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I
>>> am using Outlook Express 6
>>>
>>> When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an
>>> email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings
>>> from Express.
>>>

>>> Any and all help would be appreciated

0
neo7948 (622)
8/12/2006 5:24:43 PM
I just purchased a new computer and am trying to move my old outlook express
6 to the new outlook express 6 and am having one heck of a time.  Any advice?
 Can it even be done?   I have had guidance from 'professionals' and it just
aint' workin.  thanks for any guidance.

"Manny" wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc
> address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am
> using Outlook Express 6
>
> When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an
> email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings
> from Express.
>

> Any and all help would be appreciated

0
Mary1 (682)
8/12/2006 7:59:01 PM
Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mary asked:

| I just purchased a new computer and am trying to move my old outlook
| express 6 to the new outlook express 6 and am having one heck of a
| time.  Any advice? Can it even be done?   I have had guidance from
| 'professionals' and it just aint' workin.  thanks for any guidance.
|
| "Manny" wrote:
|
||  Hi,
|| I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings
|| inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook
|| 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6
|| When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure
|| an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my
|| settings
|| from Express.
|| Any and all help would be appreciated

0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

Outlook still running in background
When I closeout outlook then try and shut the computer down it tells me it is having trouble shutting outlook down and it gives me a choice to "end now" but that doesn't even help. The only thing that I can do is shut the computer off. Or I go into processes and it shows outlook still running in the back ground then I end the task that way in order to shut the computer down. This only started a few weeks a go and they only thing that I do is instal any windows updates or virus updates. I have tried reinstalling office and xp with out any sucess. Any suggestions? ...

outlook today #26
Outlook today will not be the default start up page even when it is checked in "Customize Outlook Today..." or in Options - Other - Advanced Options. Also, Notes Folder in Outlook Today does not keep count but rather remains at zero no matter how many notes are in the notes folder. Any help on this? Hi, The following steps might help you resolve the issue: 1. Goto Customize Outlook Today and the select the option, " When starting, go directly to Outlook Today ". 2. Goto Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options and select the option, " Start...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

CRM Outlook Toolbar not for Delegates
I'm using Outlook 2002 and CRM 3.0 with the Outlook CRM Client installed. I have delegate permission to edit my managers calendar. This is available from my folder list. When I create a new appointment from within my managers calendar the CRM Toolbar is not available. It is also not available to be added using view, toolbars, customise. Could you tell me how to make the CRM Toolbar available in other Calendars as well as my own please. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Wont Remember Password
Hello All, Since upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook now does not remember our POP server passwords for any user on our Terminal Server network. We download mail from a Linux POP server for company email, but Outlook will always pause at the download screen and ask for the password, no matter whether we click the 'save this password in your password list' option box or not. Can anyone assist? Thanks, Devan ...

Outlook 2003 won't let me delete msg in Outbox
I have an email in my outbox that has a 6 MB attachment. Well, for whatever reason, Outlook was having issues sending the email, so after several hours, I decided to delete it. Pressing the delete button does nothing, no error. Trying to permenantly delete it (shift delete) and it gives me the error message "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." It's a bizarre error. I'm only using Outlook as a pop3 email reader. There's no exchange on the backend. This is with Windows XP Professional. Any help woul...

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43.
When I bring up Outlook 98 from Office97 Small Business Edition which I've been using for years I get the following message and Outlook closes down. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=70bf5a43 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00428f30 SS=0167 ESP=0056f878 EBP=0056f890 ECX=0176789c DS=0167 ESI=00000000 FS=32b7 EDX=00428f44 ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f b7 06 46 46 83 f8 41 7c 08 83 f8 5a 7f 03 83 Stack dump: 70bf5a3a 70d9f263 00000000 00428f44 00000000 01767800 0056f8c4 70d269ec 00428f30 00000003 00428f4...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Outlook 2003 #5
I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook yet? DaveS wrote: > I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there > anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook > yet? Why do you ask, Dave? Is there something wrong? If so, please let us know the problem...maybe we can help you -- Donald L McDaniel Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed ============================================================= ...

PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
Hi all, I would like to create a Exchange Server Outlook profile with a Unicode or ANSI PST file. When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, the creation of the profile work fine (exchange server settings) but none PST is add (if the file exist) or create and add (if the file not exist). When I try my outlook.prf file with the -importprf option on an outlook 2007, all work fine, in the same environment (domain, policy settings, etc...) I use the Outlook ADM file to force the cached offline mode as default. I try to use the settings "Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore Arc...

Outlook 2003 Storing Sent Items with IMAP
Hi, I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). I have several IMAP accounts and with Outllook Express whenever I sent an email from one account, it automatically stored it in the IMAP folder Sent Items of the account I sent it from. How can you do this in Outllook 2003?? It seems to store everything in Sent Items which means I can't read the mail I've sent from other locations. Regards. "Dougie Mac" <dougiemac> wrote: >Hi, > >I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). >...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Outlook 2000 settings & roaming profiles
Hiya all, wonder if someone can help me, we have a windows 2000 network with Outlook 2000 setup per user for POP e-mail access, but it seems when the user logs onto another PC. their outlook settings are lost (accounts and location of PST file) does anyone know a resolution of this or something to do with group policy where you can tell it where to look and/or save outlook information within the roaming profile? Thanks Dave What's the client OS? All mail profile info does indeed travel with roaming profiles - peraps you're having profile problems. Check the system event lo...

Outlook "The object could not be found" error (O2003)
Hi there, In Outlook 2003, whenever I have an email with a email link inside it I get an error "The object could not be found", when I try and click it. This has only happened since I installed my Activesync software for my PDA. any help? any fixes? This is killing me! Have you rebooted since installing AS? Does Event viewer give you any additional information? Did you try reregistering IE? reregister urlmon.dll by clicking start, run and typing regsvr32 urlmon.dll if that fails, try How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP http://...

integration with Outlook 2003: slower on XP than W2K? after upgrade?
Hi, I have a VB.NET (2.0) application that integrates with Outlook 2003. I have windows XP SP2. The users had Windows 2000, and Office 2000. They upgraded (!) to Office 2003. But: - an action that takes 0,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 4-5 seconds - an action that takes 2,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 8-9 seconds So for a test we completely desinstalled Office 2003, and did a full re-install of 2003 on a system. Performance increased with +- 30%: times are now 2,5 seconds and 6 seconds. But still much more than my 0,5 and 2,5.... What's the reason of this performance-problem? The ...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Outlook Express #311
Can someone please direct me to a Microsoft Outlook Express newsgroup? Thanks microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, KEN asked: | Can someone please direct me to a Microsoft Outlook Express newsgroup? | Thanks ...

Export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML
When I export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML, "save as web page", only the first appointment of any day is shown in the HTML version of the Calendar. Can I show more appointments? Am I doing somthing wrong? is there an alternate template I can use? Thanks Grant@cgs ...

Sharing Outlook calendar?
My secretary and I have shared my calendar in Outlook 98 and 2000 using Microsoft Mail under Win 98 with no problem. Then I upgraded to Win XP and Microsoft Mail will not work and we were not able to share. I purchased a program called ShareOutlook but find it very cumbersome and slow and prone to post the same appointments several times, etc. Is there a better way to share my Outlook Calendar with my secretary? I cannot believer Microsoft did not build this capability into the software. I do not need and cannot afford to purchase Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If you need ...

Outlook Shutdown #2
I am able to send/receive emails thru Outlook 2003. However, the program will not completely shutdown (the icon remains in the lower right)and I have to use the task manager to complete the shutdown. Then, when I restart outlook, I receive the message to start in "safe mode". What could be keeping outlook from completely shutting down? (OS=XP prof, 56K modem shared on a home nw) Thanks, Tracy ...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...