Outlook Timing out with Dial Up Connection After Installing Critical Updates!!!!

Ever since I installed the critical upgrades this week,
my Outlook 2002 (Office XP) Windows XP Home, refuses, or
at least refuses to show that a message over a few KB has
been sent and dumps it into the outbox where it sits. The
error message 0x800ccc19 has shown up saying it times out
and to contact my ISP which I did and we repeatedly
reinstalled the email account to no avail. This NEVER
happened UNTIL I installed the critical upgrades this
week. Does anyone have a work around, patch, information,
etc., before I have to find another program to  handle my
mail? Thanks
0
w4pgi (1)

Elliot
I've the exact same problem. Anybody- whats the fix.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/16/2004 12:09:19 PM
I have 2 customers (in 2 different law firms that I
support) that have the same problem. However, they are
both using high speed connections (one Qwest DSL, the
other a T-1 from ICG). They both have Outlook 2003, and
use POP3 mail. If they try to send emails with large
attachments - 5 mb - the message stays in the Outbox and
we see the same "time out" error. However, the message
actually sends and the recipient receives multiple copies.

This problem actually caused a Fortune 10 company (the
recipient of a 6 mb email) to shut down their mail
servers because they suspected an attack. When they saw
that all the incoming emails were the same and from the
same person, they restarted their Exchange server.

We have reset their Send/Receive interval from 2 minutes
to 20 minutes. This did not help. This is a serious
problem and we need help ASAP.

Thanks.

0
Jerry

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Time spreadsheet
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O Date Line Start End RO Outside Internal Super. Training Property Shop LineDaily Monthly Time Time Number Labor Labor & Equip Maint Clean Up Labor Labor Labor out Int A B C D E02/02/09 B 10:27 15:04 96554 0.19?4.62 0.19 INT 15:04 17:52 96598 0.12?2.80 0.31 B 18:22 19:04 96554 0.03?.70 0.34 INT 19:04 19:34 96598 0.02?.50 0.36 INT 19:34 23:12 96606 0.15?3.63 12.25? 0.51 0.51 0.51 In the above example I fill in columns A-E. The rest of the columns are filled in by formulas. The problem is that the populated (?) times do not a...

Comments in Cells disappear after time
A colleague has a spreadsheet with lots of comments in the cells and apparently after a while the comments 'disappear'. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Could it be there is a maximum number of comments, or do they have a life expectancy? The sheet is opened in Excel 2000 & Excel 2003 depending on the user. Thanks for your help. Comments don't normally disappear on their own. Perhaps your colleague is accidentally deleting the rows or columns in which the comments occur. Or comments could disappear if another cell, with no comment, is dragged onto a cell ...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

remote desktop web connection
Does anyone have info on whether I can use remote desktop web connection on a lan as an emulator to connect to another app? Can I use remote desktop web connection to access terminal services? ...

Outlook 2003

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

outlook 2007 runs slow

Parent / Child Price Updates
Is there an add-on that will update the cost of a "child" item when the "parent" item is purchased? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C705BB.BB763D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is what already happens! Whenever u do receiving by a parent, the = child cost is updated! This might happen to u if you have more than one item that is assigned = to the same parent item, in this case, the cost of one child only will = be updated, this's a bug that was reso...

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

outlook 2000 help file

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Lockbox Installation
Hi everyone: We are going to be purchasing the Lockbox module for Great Plains version 8.0. However, there does not appear to be any installation instructions anywhere. Does anyone know what we need to do to install Lockbox after we input our new registration keys? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_8F4F86C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Thank you for using news groups! Lock box does not have its own dictionary files and is included in the dynamics dictionary so you are correct there is no install procedure. On...