outlook test account settings error: POP3

I receive an Outlook 2002 error message regarding my
account (POP3)even though I am using the same successful
settings as in Outlook Express.  The error message is The
POP3 e-mail account you created does not support Secure
Password Authentication (SPA).

1. The account used does work with SPA. I have used it
successfully on other computers and on the same computer
using Outlook Express.

2. The connection is through AT&T WorldNet and the
operating system is Windows XP.

3. The account is an administrator account.

4. The server I am attempting to connect with is a
Exchange 5.5 server using Internet Mail Service.
0
marcusc (1)

What happens if you uncheck the SPA option?  I use Worldnet as my backup and
it does not use the SPA option.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, marcus cannady
asked:

| I receive an Outlook 2002 error message regarding my
| account (POP3)even though I am using the same successful
| settings as in Outlook Express.  The error message is The
| POP3 e-mail account you created does not support Secure
| Password Authentication (SPA).
|
| 1. The account used does work with SPA. I have used it
| successfully on other computers and on the same computer
| using Outlook Express.
|
| 2. The connection is through AT&T WorldNet and the
| operating system is Windows XP.
|
| 3. The account is an administrator account.
|
| 4. The server I am attempting to connect with is a
| Exchange 5.5 server using Internet Mail Service.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Query Builder Error: Unexpected Error
I am working with 1.2. I tried to print all cases for an account. When I leave the bullet on 'all pages', and then click the 'print' icon, I receive an error. ...

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

How to set trial?
If some one is selling Excel Add-Ins and offer a trial version, how are they doing that? If I create an Add-In, how to I set it for a trial? Meaning at some point, it locks the person out until they register it. Thanks, Brett You can check the current date of today (using the VBA Date function against a coded date or cell content -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Will hiding and locking the cell with the expire date then password protecting the sheet be enough to keep some one from invalidating the trial? Is there a better way? Thanks, Brett BrianB <<BrianB.14ahwc...

Audit Trails setup error
I'm trying to setup Audit Trails for one of our 4 companies and get the following message on only one of them when I try to apply auditing to a selected table. [Microsoft]ODBC SQLServer Driver[SQL Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =,!=, <, <=, >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. If I click OK at this point I get the Table Auditing Setup window and it lets me save and displays the table as audited. What is causing this? It would help to know what version of GP and service pack (build number) yo...