Outlook stops checking email w/ "Enter Password" prompt?

Howdy,

I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Professional system.
My system is connected to the Internet using DSL going through a Linksys
router.

I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 15
minutes.
I'm checking my DSL email account and 2 yahoo.com accounts.

The Problem:
Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an Outlook
window displayed
asking for the password to one of my Yahoo accounts with a check box to save
the password.
These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit
cancel and the Send
and Receive all of the accounts are checked successfully.
Now, this is a problem because, while this message box is open, Outlook will
not Send / Receive
any of my other accounts.  This poses a problem because my Yahoo accounts
can fill up if they aren't
checked by Outlook on a regular basis.

My question:
Is there a way to configure Outlook, such that if it fails to log into an
account, simply ignore it and
go on, and check it again as normal the next scheduled time (eg. 15 minutes
later)?

Something simple like, shoot I couldn't log in, I'll try again later?

Thanks,
Mike

Here's some more information, it just happened again so...

If I look at the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress"
    "7 of 8 Tasks have been completed successfully"
    With "xxxxxxx@yahoo.com - Receiving" Processing
The password dialog is as such:
Enter Network Password
    Please type your username and password
    Server:    pop.mail.yahoo.com
    User Name:    xxxxxxxxx
    Password:    ********
    Save this password in your password list:  UNCHECKED

If I check the "Save this password" box and click ok or if I leave it
unchecked,
doesn't matter, this "Enter Network Password" box will display again at some
point during the day.

Any ideas?  Is there a log or something that might have more details that I
can attach?

Thanks
Mike

"Mike" <flakrat-noSP-am@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Professional system.
> My system is connected to the Internet using DSL going through a Linksys
> router.
>
> I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 15
> minutes.
> I'm checking my DSL email account and 2 yahoo.com accounts.
>
> The Problem:
> Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an Outlook
> window displayed
> asking for the password to one of my Yahoo accounts with a check box to
save
> the password.
> These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit
> cancel and the Send
> and Receive all of the accounts are checked successfully.
> Now, this is a problem because, while this message box is open, Outlook
will
> not Send / Receive
> any of my other accounts.  This poses a problem because my Yahoo accounts
> can fill up if they aren't
> checked by Outlook on a regular basis.
>
> My question:
> Is there a way to configure Outlook, such that if it fails to log into an
> account, simply ignore it and
> go on, and check it again as normal the next scheduled time (eg. 15
minutes
> later)?
>
> Something simple like, shoot I couldn't log in, I'll try again later?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

bump
> Here's some more information, it just happened again so...
>
> If I look at the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress"
>     "7 of 8 Tasks have been completed successfully"
>     With "xxxxxxx@yahoo.com - Receiving" Processing
> The password dialog is as such:
> Enter Network Password
>     Please type your username and password
>     Server:    pop.mail.yahoo.com
>     User Name:    xxxxxxxxx
>     Password:    ********
>     Save this password in your password list:  UNCHECKED
>
> If I check the "Save this password" box and click ok or if I leave it
> unchecked,
> doesn't matter, this "Enter Network Password" box will display again at
some
> point during the day.
>
> Any ideas?  Is there a log or something that might have more details that
> can attach?
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> "Mike" <flakrat-noSP-am@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Professional system.
> > My system is connected to the Internet using DSL going through a Linksys
> > router.
> >
> > I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 15
> > minutes.
> > I'm checking my DSL email account and 2 yahoo.com accounts.
> >
> > The Problem:
> > Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an
Outlook
> > window displayed
> > asking for the password to one of my Yahoo accounts with a check box to
> save
> > the password.
> > These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit
> > cancel and the Send
> > and Receive all of the accounts are checked successfully.
> > Now, this is a problem because, while this message box is open, Outlook
> will
> > not Send / Receive
> > any of my other accounts.  This poses a problem because my Yahoo
accounts
> > can fill up if they aren't
> > checked by Outlook on a regular basis.
> >
> > My question:
> > Is there a way to configure Outlook, such that if it fails to log into
an
> > account, simply ignore it and
> > go on, and check it again as normal the next scheduled time (eg. 15
> minutes
> > later)?
> >
> > Something simple like, shoot I couldn't log in, I'll try again later?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike

Have to re-enter password for User to log in a different station
When a user goes to another PC and logs into GP with thier password, thay can't log. We have to sign in as SA via that PC and re-enter thier password (same one) in order for them to log to GP in that PC. When the user returns to thier PC, we have to log in thier PC an re-enter thoer password. This happens to everyone. We checked the ODBC and made sure that the server name is NAME not IP. Also verified thier user-access. What can be causing this? Rico, Your ODBC setup has to be IDENTICAL on all workstations, it's not just server name or IP or any one thing. GP uses parts o...

Enter Password Dialog Box
All A user is getting it when he logs in through Citrix and tries to view his email. Citrix authenticates fine, and outlook opens. He can see all the messages in his inbox. The "Enter Password" dialog appears, and you can press cancel and continue to read email messages. He's not being prompted to change his password on the desktop, any thoughts or ideas? I logged into the same Citrix server and did not get this prompt under my ID. The Dialog box asks for username, password and Domain. Any ideas,, Thanks Again On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:19:02 -0700, jwilmer <jwi...

Outlook stops checking email w/ "Enter Password" prompt?
Howdy, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Professional system. My system is connected to the Internet using DSL going through a Linksys router. I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 15 minutes. I'm checking my DSL email account and 2 yahoo.com accounts. The Problem: Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an Outlook window displayed asking for the password to one of my Yahoo accounts with a check box to save the password. These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit cancel and the Send and R...

Enter Password
Network : LAN Mail Server: Exchange Server is the same box as a domain controller Mail Client: Outlook 2002 Workstation: Windows XP Pro Problem: After a user logs on the workstation to the domain by using domain network user name and network password, when he tries open outlook 2002 ,he keeps getting "Enter Password " "User name" " Domain"......this box message why ? Why domain username and network network didn't synchronize with outlook (which is exchange server's client) password? in the otherword ,why they didn;t synchronize with exchange server'...

re-enter password....
Why must I all of the sudden have to re-enter (sometimes multiple times) my password everyday on startup of Outlook 2007? Dennis <dhud64@hotmail.com> wrote: > Why must I all of the sudden have to re-enter (sometimes multiple > times) my password everyday on startup of Outlook 2007? Type of account? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Sorry, it's a Hotmail account that it checks. "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OSvcwU3KIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Dennis <dhud64@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Why must I all of...

Enter Password pop up box
I have a client using Outlook 98 on a Win 2000 system. I have migrated their websites and emails to a new server. Tech support at my host used a migration script which moved everything incuding email accounts and passwords. All went well except for 3 (out of 10) email accounts that won't access the email. They keep getting a pop up box: Internet E-mail - Accountname Email Please enter your user name and password for the following server. Logon Server: mail.domainname.com User name: username Password: xxxxxxxx Remember password OK CANCEL The password...

Unhide, Unprotect, Enter Password
Hi, I think this is probably fairly simply and I thought it would have recorded when I recorded the macro but it didn't. I have to have the macro unhide a worksheet, unprotect it, enter the password, paste some data, re-protect it, and re-enter the pssword twice to confirm, all without addditional user input because the user will not know the password. When I recorded this is what I got but it is prompting for the password. After lines 2 and 11 are where I need some type of auto password entry . Sheets("Ledger").Visible = True ActiveSheet.Unprotect ...

Enter password, even if it's stored...
Whenever I open Outlook 2002, before it runs 'Send/Receive 'it asks me for a password for my email carrier EVEN THOUGH THE PASSWORD IS STORED. When you add email accounts, there's a check-button that says "REMEMBER PASSWORD". It's checked so why do I have to keep entering my pasword. Any ideas? Thanks. You might have problems with the protected storage provider. Since you didn't mention what operating system is involved in this equation, try one of the following. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 http://support.microsoft.co...

Cannot enter password with special characters
I am using Money 2002 to access mutual fund accounts. Fidelity works just fine. For Freemont Funds, they require a special character as part of any password. However, the Money software will not allow a special character in the password field. Anyone have a solution for this? Bob ...