Outlook rules and Junk Email filtering

Hello!

I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in the 
Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.

I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to the 
Inbox and stop processing more rules.

The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder.

So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be scheduled 
to run?

Thank you!

Gregg Hill 


0
bogus9187 (191)
4/25/2008 6:57:13 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

8 Replies
612 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks in. 
How about adding the email address to safe sender list?

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
> filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
> that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in the 
> Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>
> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to the 
> Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>
> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder.
>
> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
> scheduled to run?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Gregg Hill
> 


0
John
4/25/2008 7:09:43 PM
John,

I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be the 
other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
fight...sometimes.

Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is always 
different. The web contact form uses the email address the person enters and 
makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is forging the 
email, since it is not coming from that person's normal server. That went 
over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the web developer!).

Gregg Hill



"John" <a> wrote in message news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks in. 
> How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
>> filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
>> that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in 
>> the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>
>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>
>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder.
>>
>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
>> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>> scheduled to run?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>
>
> 


0
bogus9187 (191)
4/25/2008 8:02:54 PM
What I meant to say was junk mail filter will always "win".

from: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052429671033.aspx
"Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are moved 
to the Junk E-mail folder."

If it's coming from the same IP address(es), and if there's Exchange server, 
perhaps you could whitelist the IP address(es) on your Exchange server. I 
have no other suggestions, sorry.

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:%23gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> John,
>
> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
> fight...sometimes.
>
> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is always 
> different. The web contact form uses the email address the person enters 
> and makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is forging 
> the email, since it is not coming from that person's normal server. That 
> went over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the web 
> developer!).
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "John" <a> wrote in message 
> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks in. 
>> How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
>>> filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
>>> that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in 
>>> the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>
>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>
>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>> folder.
>>>
>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
>>> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>> scheduled to run?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
John
4/25/2008 8:31:31 PM
Are you connected to an Exchange 2003 server? I ask because it is possible 
that the Intelligent Message Filter on your server is assigning the message 
an SCL that's causing it to be put in your Junk Folder. If that's the case, 
putting the web server's ip address in the Exchange server's accept list, in 
connection filtering, should fix the problem. I imagine there's a similar 
possible fix if you're on Exchange 2007.

-Peter

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:%23gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> John,
>
> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
> fight...sometimes.
>
> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is always 
> different. The web contact form uses the email address the person enters 
> and makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is forging 
> the email, since it is not coming from that person's normal server. That 
> went over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the web 
> developer!).
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "John" <a> wrote in message 
> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks in. 
>> How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
>>> filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
>>> that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in 
>>> the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>
>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>
>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>> folder.
>>>
>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
>>> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>> scheduled to run?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
pdurkee (276)
4/25/2008 8:36:40 PM
The senders address should be in the reply to - a generic server address on 
your domain should be the From address.

Rules used to come first. but for those people who collected mail from 
multiple mailboxes and moved them based on the acct ended up with tons of 
spam, some rules were put after filtering.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM



"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:#gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> John,
>
> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
> fight...sometimes.
>
> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is always 
> different. The web contact form uses the email address the person enters 
> and makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is forging 
> the email, since it is not coming from that person's normal server. That 
> went over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the web 
> developer!).
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "John" <a> wrote in message 
> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks in. 
>> How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have 
>>> filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site 
>>> that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in 
>>> the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>
>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>
>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>> folder.
>>>
>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
>>> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>> scheduled to run?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/25/2008 9:00:54 PM
"Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are moved
to the Junk E-mail folder."

I wonder what bright-eyed genius came up with that behavior.

Thank you for letting me know! They have POP accounts. I intend to get this 
domain onto Exchange.

Gregg Hill



"John" <a> wrote in message news:eUHKaNxpIHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> What I meant to say was junk mail filter will always "win".
>
> from: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052429671033.aspx
> "Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are moved 
> to the Junk E-mail folder."
>
> If it's coming from the same IP address(es), and if there's Exchange 
> server, perhaps you could whitelist the IP address(es) on your Exchange 
> server. I have no other suggestions, sorry.
>
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> John,
>>
>> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
>> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
>> fight...sometimes.
>>
>> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is 
>> always different. The web contact form uses the email address the person 
>> enters and makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is 
>> forging the email, since it is not coming from that person's normal 
>> server. That went over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the 
>> web developer!).
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>
>>
>>
>> "John" <a> wrote in message 
>> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks 
>>> in. How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>>
>>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hello!
>>>>
>>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I 
>>>> have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a 
>>>> web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages 
>>>> end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>>
>>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>>>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>>
>>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>>> folder.
>>>>
>>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is 
>>>> there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>>> scheduled to run?
>>>>
>>>> Thank you!
>>>>
>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
bogus9187 (191)
4/25/2008 9:08:08 PM
rules never applied to messages that were moved to junk email folder - they 
used to act on mail before the junk email filter - now the junk filter gets 
the junk out first.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM



"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:#35u3hxpIHA.5416@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are moved
> to the Junk E-mail folder."
>
> I wonder what bright-eyed genius came up with that behavior.
>
> Thank you for letting me know! They have POP accounts. I intend to get 
> this domain onto Exchange.
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
>
> "John" <a> wrote in message news:eUHKaNxpIHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> What I meant to say was junk mail filter will always "win".
>>
>> from: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052429671033.aspx
>> "Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are 
>> moved to the Junk E-mail folder."
>>
>> If it's coming from the same IP address(es), and if there's Exchange 
>> server, perhaps you could whitelist the IP address(es) on your Exchange 
>> server. I have no other suggestions, sorry.
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> John,
>>>
>>> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
>>> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
>>> fight...sometimes.
>>>
>>> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is 
>>> always different. The web contact form uses the email address the person 
>>> enters and makes that appear as the From address (which, technically, is 
>>> forging the email, since it is not coming from that person's normal 
>>> server. That went over like a lead balloon when I pointed it out to the 
>>> web developer!).
>>>
>>> Gregg Hill
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "John" <a> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks 
>>>> in. How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>>>
>>>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hello!
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I 
>>>>> have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a 
>>>>> web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages 
>>>>> end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>>>
>>>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to 
>>>>> the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>>>
>>>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>>>> folder.
>>>>>
>>>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? 
>>>>> Is there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>>>> scheduled to run?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>
>>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/26/2008 1:35:18 AM
But it leaves no way to trust email that always has the same subject. Then 
again, if the web developer had a brain, they would not have the contact 
page set up the way that they do.

Gregg Hill



"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message 
news:2685072A-FAF4-4E67-8DBA-06C44A24A6AF@microsoft.com...
> rules never applied to messages that were moved to junk email folder - 
> they used to act on mail before the junk email filter - now the junk 
> filter gets the junk out first.
>
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
>
>
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
> news:#35u3hxpIHA.5416@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> "Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are 
>> moved
>> to the Junk E-mail folder."
>>
>> I wonder what bright-eyed genius came up with that behavior.
>>
>> Thank you for letting me know! They have POP accounts. I intend to get 
>> this domain onto Exchange.
>>
>> Gregg Hill
>>
>>
>>
>> "John" <a> wrote in message news:eUHKaNxpIHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> What I meant to say was junk mail filter will always "win".
>>>
>>> from: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052429671033.aspx
>>> "Rules are now designed so that they do not act on messages that are 
>>> moved to the Junk E-mail folder."
>>>
>>> If it's coming from the same IP address(es), and if there's Exchange 
>>> server, perhaps you could whitelist the IP address(es) on your Exchange 
>>> server. I have no other suggestions, sorry.
>>>
>>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23gqfa9wpIHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> John,
>>>>
>>>> I thought rules came after junk filtering as well, but it appears to be 
>>>> the other way around, because the junk filter keeps winning the 
>>>> fight...sometimes.
>>>>
>>>> Adding the sender's address would do no good, because the sender is 
>>>> always different. The web contact form uses the email address the 
>>>> person enters and makes that appear as the From address (which, 
>>>> technically, is forging the email, since it is not coming from that 
>>>> person's normal server. That went over like a lead balloon when I 
>>>> pointed it out to the web developer!).
>>>>
>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "John" <a> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23DYLyfwpIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> If I'm not mistaken, rules get processed after junk mail filter kicks 
>>>>> in. How about adding the email address to safe sender list?
>>>>>
>>>>> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:%23onutYwpIHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Hello!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I 
>>>>>> have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a 
>>>>>> web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages 
>>>>>> end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it 
>>>>>> to the Inbox and stop processing more rules.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk 
>>>>>> folder.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? 
>>>>>> Is there some hidden way to make them stay in the Inbox? Can rules be 
>>>>>> scheduled to run?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gregg Hill
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> 


0
bogus9187 (191)
4/26/2008 6:05:28 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook with Outlook Express ?
Is it possible to select an Outlook Contact, and send an email using Outlook Express? Thanks. Talal Itani No. But you can do it vice versa. "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:TXaXh.4742$Fc1.4027@trnddc05... > > Is it possible to select an Outlook Contact, and send an email using > Outlook Express? > > Thanks. > Talal Itani > Talal Itani <titani@verizon.net> wrote: > Is it possible to select an Outlook Contact, and send an email using > Outlook Express? No, but you could open the Outlook Contact, select the e...

Why does Outlook access contacts twice at start up?
When I open Outlook (2002), I am always immediately promped twice to allow access to contacts. Is this normal? (I always decline) Dave Clewlow;111740 Wrote: > When I open Outlook (2002), I am always immediately promped twice to > allow access to contacts. Is this normal? (I always decline) What is the exact text of the error or prompt and what type of account are you using? -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com What add-ins are installed? It sounds like you have two that want to access your contacts. -- Diane P...

I am unable to activate a 2nd account in Outlook
My 2nd e-mail shows up in Outlook but no messages get sent there. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "55trojan" wrote: > My 2nd e-mail shows up in Outlook but no messages get sent there. ...

Importing old Outlook contact data into new Outlook personal fold
Background (please bear with me here): I had a hard drive crash and no recent backup (I know I'm an idiot!). I finally had to have a disk recovery outfit rescue my data. However, for reasons I won't bore you with, a couple of months elapsed between crash and recovery of old data. During that time, I got a new drive and reinstalled the programs, like Office 2007. So I have data in the newer installation and older data in the previous, recovered drive. I need to get the old personal address book info from a backup of the old Outlook 2007 into my new Outlook 2007 .pst fol...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07
Is there a way to point CRM contacts to a different folder in Outlook durring sink? ...

Outlook freezes up
I just upgraded my OS to XP Pro and my Office to XP Pro. After teh upgrades I went to Windows Update and installed all the updates that were made since SP1 and then done the same for Office Updates. One of the updates SP1 downloaded and then quit the install telling me to download again and try to reinstall. When I go to down load it says the file is already downloaded... Where is it and how can I fix this problem? Thanks, Fred >-----Original Message----- >I just upgraded my OS to XP Pro and my Office to XP Pro. >After teh upgrades I went to Windows Update and install...

Outlook & Entourage
Hi All, I have Exchange 2007 server. I have a client. I setup Outlook in Dell PC and Entourage in his MAC PC. I have a problem now. When he checked Sent Items from Outlook, there just only have old sent emails which he sent on 2008 and he said that he has already deleted them. On Entourage, in Sent Items, there are emails which is he sent out recently, it shows correctly. Is anybody know why? Is there any tools which I could use for checking user's sent email box to see how many emails or email details are there from Exchange 2007? Thanks in advance, --qq "...

Outlook *.pst import to Outlook Web Access???
I am wondering if there is a way to import my Personal Folder.pst into Outlook Web Access application? JimC No, that's not possible, because OWA is a browser application. It knows = nothing about files on your hard drive.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "JimC2007" <JimC2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Opening Outlook
I can't open Outlook. Outlook Express is fine. I get the message "Unable to open your default folders. Outlook could not open because a location to send and receive e-mail could not be found. To add a location open the 'Mail' icon in control panel. I've looked in the 'mail' and I have 'none' in the delivery section and no apparent means of adding one. Help Search your hard drive for all files with a .PST extension. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to enable searching in hidden and system folders to find all possible .PST fi...

Workflow email: url in object? and ModifiedBy is ugly
Hi, I have two questions that should have quick answers one way or the other: 1) Is there any way to include the url to an object in the email sent from workflow? For example, "You're the new owner of the blahblah account. <CLICK HERE> to access the account." This isn't a post-URL action (I think, since there's not a url to post to), so much as just a hyperlink for the user to click in the email. 2) I'd like to use ModifiedBy as a slug in the workflow email ("This account has been sent to you by <This Person>"), but the ModifiedBy field...

gridlines in outlook?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an exce worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i g to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Please Help with Outlook Journal (Outlook 2002)
The journal is very important to me but it doesn't seem to be working. A) The contact list only displays 1/3 of my contacts (A-I) B) When I do check one of those boxes to track a contact, nothing automatically appears in the journal please help thanks in advance that dialog is a PITA. :) Go to the contacts folder and choose the phone list view from view, current view (or the advanced toolbar's current view selector) one of the last fields is Journal. Add and remove checks to that column to change the journal status. If you make a custom view that groups by journal field yo...

can't create rules in outlook
When I try to create rules in outlook, I get a message which says the rule can't be created and to check my folder permissions. If I go through the wizard, I can create them successfully. It is really frustrating, because most of what I want to create would be simple to create with the create button. I'm the only user on this machine. It is running Windows XP pro and I'm the admin. I'm using Outlook 2002. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Anne ...

select name box freezes Outlook
Outlook 2002 sp2 XP Pro When I click the To: button, the select names window opens. I cannot select any names as Outlook freezes completely. I have to close the entire program through Ctl Alt Del. I used the cd to do a fix and repair, but it did not fix or repair the problem. Any solutions or suggestions are appreciated. Jerry ...

outlook 2002
Hello I am having problems accessing outlook 2002 I get a message " microsoft has stopped working" then another message " the product entered it's extended support phase" can anyone help please Many thanks On 5/7/2010 7:13 AM, CAH wrote: > Hello I am having problems accessing outlook 2002 I get a message " > microsoft has stopped working" then another message " the product entered > it's extended support phase" > can anyone help please Many thanks You will need to ask this question in a group specific t...

outlook and links in emails
hi all, maybe someone knows... when i receive an email with a HTML link in it, is there any way (when i click on it) to make outlook open this using the inbuilt browser instead of it opening into IE? I am using office 2002 (=XP). regards, piotr The "in-built" browser IS Internet Explorer. What is it you are trying to accomplish? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Llama ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003
I've setup my Exchange 2010 server with my email address policies. Of course there are some acceptions to the rules. I've made changes to those accounts in the EMC under Recipient Configuration | Mailbox. I edit the account under the "E-Mail Addresses" tab by adding the diffrent email address, unchecking the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy", then click the "Set as Reply" button. If I fire up Outlook 2010, start to compose an email and select that person from the GAL, it will have the correct email addres...

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Outlook XP and attachments
I have recently installed Outlook XP SP-2. I send attachments (in this case. Powerpoint file). If I retrieve the mail message from a POP server with Outlook XP, I also receive attachments. If I retrieve the message with Outlook Express 6.0, the attachmente deos not come through. What am I doing wrong? how do I correct the problem?? Thanks andrea <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recently installed Outlook XP SP-2. > > I send attachments (in this case. Powerpoint file). If I > retrieve the mail message from a POP server with Outlook > XP, I als...

Outlook 2007
Every time I go to Tasks the To Do list is the default view. I moved Tasks up to the top but the To Do list remains the default. Can you please tell me how to switch off the To Do list or make Tasks the default view. Can I go back to the good old Task view of Outlook 2003 without these dang To Do's ? Grateful for any help. Cheers. AFAIk, you can't change that. You could create a view the hid flagged messages, so only tasks are visible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

corrupted word-outlook interface or preferences
Without any warning, some preferences for Word 2003 when I use it as the email editor for Outlook got goofy today. When I'm in edit mode (creating a new email or replying to an old one), the fonts look bolder and larger than they should. When I send the email, they look fine when received. The fonts all look okay when I stop using Word as my email editor. I thought that maybe a Word preference got corrupted. I've tried deleting the Normal.dot file (for Word, since it seems that Word is at least part of the problem) and also doing the "detect and repair" option, but I&#...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...