Outlook rules #32

I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to
control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes
my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but
is of secondary importance to other things.

How do I correct this?

LV
0
armyvet1 (34)

You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here:

version and platform of Outlook

what errors do you get?

Thanks.

Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia
www.acorntraining.com.au
When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.

"Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to
> control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes
> my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but
> is of secondary importance to other things.
>
> How do I correct this?
>
> LV

0
judy (62)
6/14/2006 10:59:01 PM
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:59:01 +1000,  wrote:

>You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here:
>
>version and platform of Outlook

Outlook 2002 running on XP-I already said this. The error says that
the rule cannot be run. It usually involves several rules.

LV

>what errors do you get?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
>Acorn Training and Consulting
>Canberra, Australia
>www.acorntraining.com.au
>When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
>applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
>include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
>Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
>the full details in the body of your post.
>

>"Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to
>> control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes
>> my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but
>> is of secondary importance to other things.
>>
>> How do I correct this?
>>
>> LV

0
armyvet1 (34)
6/15/2006 1:36:19 AM
Take the exact message you get and use a search engine to find out about it.

I can do nothing without exact information. I can't see over your shoulder
and I'm not getting anywhere near enough data from you to help. Sorry.

--

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:59:01 +1000,  wrote:
>
> >You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here:
> >
> >version and platform of Outlook
>
> Outlook 2002 running on XP-I already said this. The error says that
> the rule cannot be run. It usually involves several rules.
>
> LV
>

> >what errors do you get?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
> >Acorn Training and Consulting
> >Canberra, Australia
> >www.acorntraining.com.au
> >When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode
(if
> >applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About.
Also
> >include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent
details.
> >Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line,
and
> >the full details in the body of your post.
> >

> >"Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> >> I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to
> >> control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes
> >> my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but
> >> is of secondary importance to other things.
> >>
> >> How do I correct this?
> >>
> >> LV

0
judy (62)

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

Microsoft Outlook Public Folders
We use Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 and have Outlook 2002 installed on all desktops. Some questions I have: How do I go about deleting the favourites folder within "Public Folders"? How do I go about deleting "Internet Newsgroups" within "All Public Folders"? I can not find ways to create folders directly in "Public Folders". It seems I can only create folders within "All Public Folders". Why is that? Is there a way to delete "All Public Folders" within "Public Folders"? I would be extremely grateful for ...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Outlook 2007 SPAM issues
Hi there, I have been usinf Outlook 2007 for several months now and for a while it has worked extremly well when dealing with spam. It is the past few weeks that I have noticed a trickle of spam e-mails that are passing the Office spam detector. The operating system (Vista) and Office 2007 is regularly updates to as recent as this morning. Is anyone experiencing the same or is it that there is a new attack on spam e-mails? Kindest Regards I've been noticing a flow of spam from Quadrant (I think), it might be taking time to craft a filter for the spam that doesn't remove t...

InvalidCastException in outlook 2003
Hi In my VB.net application i got on different times (and not allways) an System.InvalidCastException. The line of code is: objAppointmentItem = objItems.GetFirst Does anyone know what to do??? Peter Are you testing first for any items in the collection? Are you sure that all the items you are getting are really AppointmentItem? -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Peter van der Veen" <...

outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-
Outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-mail. This is totally bizarre. ...

Cannot edit product entity in outlook
I have verified that my user is a System Administrator, and that I have full rights to the product entity. When I access a product via the web interface, I can edit & delete my products. I’ve verified my security rights by selecting: File -> Properties from a product. I can Read, Append, Delete, Write and Append To. After I install the Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Outlook (online only) on the same machine, I can no longer edit or delete the products. I’ve verified my security rights by selecting: File -> Properties from a product. I can Read, Append and Append To....

CRM tool bar disappeared in Client for Outlook
Hi, The CRM menu Button bar ( on the main ruler: "File, Edit...") dissappeared with no reason. When I open a new mail I don't see anything to get the email tracked in CRM. I tried to check in the Tool->Options->Other->advanced Options>Add in specified at: http://piyushmittal.wordpress.com/category/mscrm/ms-crm-troubleshotting/ but I don't see there any location path, so I can't follow the instructions there... I did not make anything yet using the Client for Outlook CRM 4.0, so I don't see why this should happen. Thanks a lot Has it worked at all...

Outlook 2000 E-mail sluggish
My Outlook 2000 e-mail is very slow to open rceived new e- mails or to open the "new" e-mail screen. It takes approx. 2 min. then opens the e-mail or the new e-mail window. I have Office 2000 Premium Edition and Windows 98. I had SP1 installed and it was working fine. I have since installed SP3 without correcting problem. I have used the Detect & Repair without correcting problem. Did a necessary file(s) go missing? Any suggestions?? Using the Detect and Repair I received an Error 1328 C:\CONFIG.MSi\PTC2E3.TMP AND C:\CONFIG.MSi\PT2321.TMP could not be updated...is this...

Curse of the winmail.dat
No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of "winmail.dat" files with Outlook 2007. I have gone through and changed all my contacts - (all 700 of them!!!) to "let outlook decide" for the email type, and then within a week or two, it changes back!!!! PLEASE HELP ME! I am also using a windows Smart phone syncing through bluetooth, if that makes any difference - maybe that is causing the problems? PLEASE HELP! It is a BUG with either MS Outlook or Activesync. If a contact is edited on the smartphone, then sync'd again, the Internet type will be set back to Rich...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Re: Outlook 2003, can it look like OXP?
The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay the way they are off to the left. -Patrick "John Smith" <etacr11inst@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e3LvfVUpDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop > down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will > be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay > the...

Minimizing Outlook to system tray
I have Outlook 2003. I was just wondering if there is a way where when I minimize Outlook only the system tray icon is showing and the Outlook bar on the task bar disappears? I've looked in options and I can't seem to find it. Basically I want it to be running in the background so it will still connect and download new e-mails and a message bubble will appear telling if there's any new messages (like it does already), but I don't want Outlook to be showing on the taskbar. Thanks in advance! Everyone on these newsgroups are always so helpful :) Right click the...

Outlook 2000-Open Note on top of all desktoplike a Post-It
I can't figure it out. I am a very, very technically challenged user and find that the NOTE works great, but I can't use it like a sticky note and make it stay on top. Is this easily do-able? Thanks for your time. I find the free version of this much more suited to desktop display: http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Hello_It's_Me-C...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #2
OL2K3 does not play nicely with Hotmail, regardless of what the marketing people want you to believe. Every time I fire up OL2K3 and do a global "Send and Receive" I get an error list like this: www.raindayspa.ca/emailerrors.gif On a mass email recieve like that, my Hotmail folders almost never populate. I assure you my passwords and logins are correct -- after closing the error window I can access the HM accounts individually and OL2K3 will retrieve the mail. What's more, Hotmail access is still slow. In contrast, OE6 integrates hotmail without any fusses. You'd think th...

Pivot Tables #32
Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables from a database in Excel 2003. I know how to set up the database, however I just don't seem to grasp the logic or procedure to set up the table. Is there somewhere on the web that I can go do get almost a step by step explanations and examples to make them clearer? Thank You There are instructions and links for pivot tables on Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm sue t wrote: > Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables > from a database in Excel 2003. I know how ...

outlook 2000 changing msg class using utility?
Hi- this message is in 3 parts DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT I work for a small nonprofit group for pastors and outreach organization leaders who meet once monthly as well as have an annual "love your city" churches responding to neibourhood needs (free pop/ bbqs/ repair roofs/ clean up yards) event......so need distribution centers for promo items, ect ... comprehensive new form I have permission from our Tech person to change all our contacts to this form..... we'v backed up the hard-drive to cds, saved existing format of contacts to excell files so OBJECTIVES..KEEPING ...

Duplication Detection Rules export/import (for reuse)
Hi all, I'm new to the newsgroup...and new to MSCRM as well, I was wondering if anyone could assist me with the issue of reusing de-duplication rules. I'd like to export what we have in development and reuse them on another deployment. I thought I'd ask the experts here before writing code to do so. Thanks in advance, Yasa ...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Public Folders
How or is it possable to use a Contact Folder that is in your Shared Public Folders while you are connected through your Outlook Web Access (OWA) to send a Message to that contact??? When I am in Outlook I am able to send messages (Right Click and chosse "New message to Contact") to my Contact that is in my Shared Contact Folder that is sitting in my Public Folder, but when I open my OWA and go to Public Folders and go to the Contact Folder that sits there, I do not get this Option to Send message to this Contact.... Thanks in Advance... Michael You'll have to copy t...

Trouble Importing from Outlook
I'm trying to import data from my Outlook contacts folder. I step through the Import Wizard: (1) select Outlook as my data source and click Next (2) now, in an Outlook dialog box, I specify the proper contacts folder (it's my default contacts folder) (3) when I return to the Wizard, it shows that I'm using an Outlook Contacts folder and that there are 3 records (i'm just testing things right now with minimal data) (4) I click the Import button and BOOM! get the following message: --------------------------- Microsoft Internet Explorer --------------------------- A system ...

Backing Up Outlook.pst to CD
I used to easily find location of all my Outlook.pst files in order to back up to CD quickly. Recently had a crashed harddrive, and easily restored my files to new harddrive. Now I can't find location of current .pst files to back up to CD anew. Where are the full files? I know it's a large file and easily recognizable once found. Open Outlook, right click on personal folders and select properties > advanced. Dialog box should list drive/path/filename information so you can quickly locate it. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...