Outlook Question

What causes url links not work? I'm experiencing problems
with it, and cannot get them to show the URL Links.
Clicking the Links doesn't help.

outlook express email #4
Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would I change it? Outlook only receives emails for the accounts that are configured Your post doesnt indicate whether you only have a hotmail account or whether you have a pop/smtp isp account "alleycat" <alleycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF22A25-1C1C-432D-BAEC-2B664B8F19EF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails > when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would ...

Time Zones & Outlook
When you change the Time Zone on your PC, All-Day events span two days. The MS workaround is to change the Start- End dates on each and every event/appointment. As this is not exactly the 'best' workaround, does anyone have a better one? Thanks!! Have you also seen the following MSKB article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290835&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:020e01c3b847$48642fa0$a401280a...

Outlook 2002 not saving password in XP Home
Hello, I am having great trouble saving a password for my POP3 account. The Microsoft resolution does not apply to XP as there is no Protected Storage settings under Microsoft. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Anna For all Outlook versions on Windows XP see if this helps (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672 "Anna Fogarty" <Anna@webandflo.com> wrote in message news:070e01c3aa7c$38c33650$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am having great trouble saving a password for...

Communities Questions Not Posting
My last couple of Communities Questions have not posted. Can anyone tell me why? If I am doing something wrong or forgetting to do something, shouldn't someone tell me? If there is a service outage, how do I find that out? If the site is down, why can I read old messages, but not post new ones. Thanks to whomever may be able to answer. Candy It may be a server sync problem and you just can't see them - if you know the subject, try googling for it and your alias (although I suspect Candy gets billions of hits). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

Outlook Strips Attachments
I have a client running outlook 2002. When he replies or forwards messages, the attachments are removed. This does not happen when he sends new messages. Can someone help? Thanks, Rich hall "Rich Hall" <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote in message news:uLhzXd8BGHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a client running outlook 2002. When he replies or forwards messages, >the attachments are removed. > This does not happen when he sends new messages. > > Can someone help? > > Thanks, > Rich hall > Replies are different to forwards. Look specif...

Relationship Question
I have a field called tblPeople. It has an AutoNumber field as its PK, it has a field called ID which is a text field, indexed (no dupes). I have another table called tblEvents. In tblEvents I have amongst others, two fields, Manager and Director. I am trying to create relationships between tblEvents.Manager and tblPeople.ID, and also between tblEvents.Director and tblPeople.ID. I have done that. What I can't do though, is set Referential Integrity with Cascading Updates so that if a person's ID changes (which it can, since it is an ID Badge Number) it updates the rec...

Entourage + Outlook
I am new to Entourage and would like to ask a silly question if Entourage is equivalent to Outlook. I have been using Outlook many years and now start using Entourage. Mail in Mac is similar to Windows Mail in Windows. Thanks, Scott On 12/19/09 7:30 PM, in article C753BB6A.2ECE%NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com, "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote: > I am new to Entourage and would like to ask a silly question if Entourage is > equivalent to Outlook. I have been using Outlook many years and now start > using Entourage. Mail in Mac is similar to Wind...

Strange Files in My Documents Created by Outlook 2003
Every email that Outlook receives writes a text file in the My Documents folder. These files contain the complete email text that with all the tags such as 'received' and 'from'. Also, These files begin with the letter s and both the name and extension appear to be generated sequences. We are getting a ton of these files. It doesn't happen to all our users still we can't find the triger for this condition. Thanks in advance. John JKHarris <jkharris0@gmail.com> wrote: > Every email that Outlook receives writes a text file in the My > Documents folder...

Windows 2003 SAN Multipath software question
Hello, I am in the middle of a san migration. I have a promise san that i am currently using. We are migrating to a emc. Now the question i have is that emc is requiring me to use there powerpath software for the multipath backend that is connected to the san. I cam currenly using promise multipath software called perfectpath. What if anything could i run into if i was to have both powerpath and perfectpath installed at the same time. - Two software products attempting to control paths may lead to resource contention - Random SAN path failures...I've seen this behavio...

Outlook 2003 Crashes after Exchange 2003 mailbox move
It looks like the problem has been around since last November. We have similar problem on one of the Exchange 2003 server with Trend Scanmail 7.0. Outlook 2003 crashes after mailbox move, follow up with a reboot. We can correct the problem by remount the mailstore but still it is very frustrating to the users. It's funny that Outlook 2000 and XP do not seem to affected by this problem. Anyone know if there is a fix for this yet? http://groups.google.com/groups?q=0x0000eddc+outlook.exe&start=0&scoring=d& Does the problem go away if you disable Scanmail? -- Ed Crowley M...

Outlook automatic phone dialing
Dear Sirs/Mesdames, My automatic phone dialing used to work fine. I have windows XP with Outlook 2003 (I think). I can happily send faxes from Word so the modem works ok. but when I try to dial I get "Unable to complete an operation requested by the automatic phone dialer. Please make sure your modem, phone and phone line are working properly". The situation may have commenced soon after, but not at the exact time that I transferred to the NTL (Now Virgin) UK cable phone service with a broadband connection - but as I say the fax still dials. The computer has alwayse used an Age...

Outlook Express
My previous computer is no longer available, but I have the hard drive. I used Microsoft Outlook Express and employed a POP3 mail server to download my mail messages. At this moment, my mail resides on this hard drive. Ugh! What is the best approach to recover those e-mail messages? If I saved mail into a personal folder, then that mail would most likely be a PST file. I simply downloaded my mail and I did not create personal folders. Thanks! This is an Outlook Newsgroup. You are talking about Outlook Express. They are two completely different programs. A PST is for Outlook, ...

Error opening new messages in Outlook 2000
Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Outlook 2000 SR-1a (didn't go to SR2 due to Outlook Security restrictions) and Kaspersky Internet Security ver. 6.0 with Spam disabled and having no issues until this morning. When I try to open a new email in my Inbox it tells me that Outlook has encountered an error and is closing. This error doesn't occur with all messages and I can find no pattern in the messages that do cause the error. I have noticed on the messages that cause the error that their content is empty in the Preview Pane. Any message opened in a folder other than the Inbox are...

outlook opens
When I click a link to an email address in an Internet Explorer web page it opens up MS Office Outlook. It used to open Outlook Express. How do I get it back? My Internet Options are set to use Outlook Express for E-mail and Newsgroups. The only thing set to use Microsoft Office Outlook is Calendar. Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults | Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Outlook Express. Make OE the default e-mail client: http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx For links in e-mail: http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx And: http:...

How do I eliminate the blank line *before* an outlook signature
I know how to eliminate double spacing in signature lines, but Outlook seems to handle Standard and Reply signatures differently. Even using identically formatted text, the Standard signature always has an extra blank line before my signature text. Is there a way to eliminate this extra blank line? Thanks, Dennis ...

Outlook No Longer Sends Inbox Emails to Subfolder
I have Outlook 2007 and I use to be able to view a message on my Blackberry in the Outlookand then have it automatically redirect to a subfolder I have set up as a rule on my exchange server. Anyone know why it's not working now. Have you verified that the rule is still there and configured properly? Tried recreating the rule already? From the information provided, it is impossible to tell what made it stop working for you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Outlook 2007: Question related to RPC-over-HTTP: now login is needed also on TCP connections?
hello, Since the introduction or RPC-over-HTTP access to our corporate email servers, I have been using it successfully on Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 automatically used RPC-over-HTTP when I was connected on the Internet, and switched over to TCP access when I was on the company Intranet. If connecting over the Internet (through RPC-over-HTTP), Outlook 2003 asked for login information. If connecting over HP Intranet, Outlook 2003 used the NT login credentials and did NOT ask me for a login. Now with Outlook 2007, I am asked always for login information (on Internet AND Intranet). Thu...

Reinstall question-Headquarters Client
I did the reinstall and have everything working, but I am unable to find the install for the Headquarters client. Is it on another disk other than the RMS store Operations 2.0 disc? It's on the Headquarters disk, not the Store Operations. "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26962810-B2BF-49F1-BC95-439EF3056319@microsoft.com... >I did the reinstall and have everything working, but I am unable to find >the > install for the Headquarters client. Is it on another disk other than the > RMS > store Operations 2....

Rules wizard in outlook 2000
What is the max. number of rules you can in outlook 2000? When using rules wizard ...

exporting excel database to outlook contact list
Using MS Office 2000, can I transfer a database in Excel to my Outlook (not Express) contacts folder. Nothing fancy, just general information to keep on file (name, address, phone numbers, e-mail, webpage). I tried to do it and keep getting an error message reading 'error occurred in the script on this page.' Save the files a CSV and use the import from Outlook -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jeanb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2eae901...

Outlook email Receivers
Not everyone on our LAN uses outlook for email. I do. When I send an email to someone who does NOT use outlook, it only shows in their outlook inbox, not in the inbox for whatever email server they are using. Can anyone help me fix this??? Please. Yes. Make everyone use OUTLOOK. Had this problem myself and made the argument, successfully, that my job is easier and I can be more efficient if I have everyone on the same platforms. It is showing in their inbox because, I assume, they are on the server running Exchange? "Marie" <mtrue1940@aol.com> wrote in message news:0184...

Erratic inability to send through Outlook 2003
Hi, Some times I can send email and sometimes not. When I can't I get this error (which seems to be generated by Outlook, not by external mail servers): "The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Bob Jones <bob@jones.etc.> on 3/4/2004 6:34 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)" Sometimes I can "fix" the problem by closing Outlook and reopening it. Sometimes even rebooting doesn't make a change. My system: XP Professional, 3 weeks old on new IBM notebook. Multiple email accounts. De...

Plugin Asynchronous service question
Hi all, I would like to know, when does the asynchronous service runs? And is this latent time configurable? And if so where can it be configured? I created a postcreate plugin, but then nothing happens? How does this work? Also, if I want to garantee an order of operations in post plugins, I read that I must use synchronous instead of asynchronous, is this true? I mean if asynchrounous has an internal queue, it should be used to garantee order, or I'm I totally wrong? Thanks and best regards, Paulo Fonseca Hi I also created a post-update plugins for accounts and nothing seems t...

Error 0x80070021 In Outlook 07 (Vista)
Help! I've downloaded the backup tool because I have to send my laptop in to HP yet again. However, when I try to backup my current email file, I get this message: Error 0x80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. When this message comes up, I have no other programs opened manually - ie there may be something getting in the way from the Startup menu, but I don't know about it. Any help greatly appreciated! Why not simply copy your data files, with outlook closed, that all the backup tool does, other...

One More Quick Question
Hi Again: Posted earlier about a failed installation of our first Exchange 2003 Server. SRS failed to install and looking at MS KB Articles I found this as the probable reason. The top-level public folder creation access control has been configured in the Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 site that you are joining. I have no clue what this is or how to remedy it. That would be the first question. My second is this. The public folder mess that I inherited is not used at all and we do not intend to migrate it over. We will be starting fresh. Can I exclude public folders from being examined ...