Outlook Problem #46

I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple
times.  These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a
send/receive, and after several times, it stops.  It is not specific to
specific senders, either internal or external.  When it happens, usually
they
will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message.

Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied.  The
email is downloaded from a POP3 server.  Clients are NOT configured to leave
a copy of messages on the server.

Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

In news:edf9t9m%23FHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Aaron-McLeod <aaron.boock@co.mcleod.mn.us> typed:
> I have several users in our organization who receive some messages
> multiple times.  These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the
> users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops.  It
> is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it
> happens, usually they
> will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message.

Check the ISP/mail host's webmail site or www.mail2web.com to make sure a)
you don't see the dupes in there and b) there isn't anything looking
strange, such as a very large message, etc.

> Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The
> email is downloaded from a POP3 server.  Clients are NOT
> configured to leave a copy of messages on the server.
>
> Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

You're mentioning "internal" and "external" - do you have an internal mail
server, such as Exchange?

0
lanwench (7567)
12/6/2005 2:58:29 PM
Aaron-McLeod <aaron.boock@co.mcleod.mn.us> wrote:

> I have several users in our organization who receive some messages
> multiple times.

Do these users have an antivirus scanner integrated with Outlook that is
scanning incoming mail?  That can lead to this issue.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
12/6/2005 3:30:03 PM
No, we are not using Exchange in house.  Internal meaning within our
organization, external meaning from outside the organization.

I've use telnet to connect to the user's mailbox, and it shows 0 messages,
and 0 hidden messages.
Nothing suspicous about the duplicates, they appear to be very regular.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:edf9t9m%23FHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Aaron-McLeod <aaron.boock@co.mcleod.mn.us> typed:
>> I have several users in our organization who receive some messages
>> multiple times.  These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the
>> users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops.  It
>> is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it
>> happens, usually they
>> will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message.
>
> Check the ISP/mail host's webmail site or www.mail2web.com to make sure a)
> you don't see the dupes in there and b) there isn't anything looking
> strange, such as a very large message, etc.
>>
>> Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The
>> email is downloaded from a POP3 server.  Clients are NOT
>> configured to leave a copy of messages on the server.
>>
>> Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> You're mentioning "internal" and "external" - do you have an internal mail
> server, such as Exchange?

We are using Symantec Corporate v10.  It does apply an add-in to Outlook.

> Aaron-McLeod <aaron.boock@co.mcleod.mn.us> wrote:
>
>> I have several users in our organization who receive some messages
>> multiple times.
>
> Do these users have an antivirus scanner integrated with Outlook that is
> scanning incoming mail?  That can lead to this issue.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Aaron-McLeod <aaron.boock@co.mcleod.mn.us> wrote:

> We are using Symantec Corporate v10.  It does apply an add-in to
> Outlook.

See if that add-in is enabled and, if so, disable it.  Symantec products, in
[articular, are well-known for screwing with Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem