Outlook Printing cutting off margins of emails.

This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.  Out
of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and cutting
off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local printer, not on
any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and changed drivers, and
reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but no results.
Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.

Thanks

Was IE 7 recently installed?
There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.

"Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
> no results.
> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
betelgeuse (144)
2/27/2007 8:38:42 PM
Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
week or two after its been happening :)

Thanks for the quick response.

"Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Was IE 7 recently installed?
> There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
>

> "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
>> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
>> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
>> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
>> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
>> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
>> no results.
>> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
>>
>> Thanks

I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
off.

"Docwatmo" wrote:

> Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> week or two after its been happening :)
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>

> "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> >

> > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
> >> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
> >> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
> >> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
> >> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
> >> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
> >> no results.
> >> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
Helpme2 (2)
3/7/2007 10:06:34 PM
I had this problem too.
The margins for Outlook (I believe it is the same for OE) are controlled
through Internet Explorer.

To change the margins, open Internet Explorer, then go to File>Page Setup...
Change the margin size from the IE dialog box and... viola!  Outlook prints
right too.

"Helpme2" wrote:

> I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
> print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
> when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
> off.
>
> "Docwatmo" wrote:
>
> > Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> > I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> > caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> > week or two after its been happening :)
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> > >

> > > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message

0
ardivus (1)
3/9/2007 10:25:00 PM
Hey that works.. thank you..

"Helpme2" wrote:

> I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
> print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
> when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
> off.
>
> "Docwatmo" wrote:
>
> > Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> > I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> > caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> > week or two after its been happening :)
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> > >

> > > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message

0
Helpme2 (2)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Print Preview, Office Mac X, Zoom not working
The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the document, as it is unreadable otherwise. The following MSKB article refers to Excel 98, but perhaps the same solution will work in your version: XL98: Zoom Button Is Unavailable in Print Preview http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=186869 Nick Shestople wrote: > The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the > document, as it is unreadable otherwise. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

When I use no margins, white edges still appear in printing. How .
How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser printer? Hi Pub (Pub @discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser || printer? Because your printer cannot print to the edge. This is a limitation of your printer, and Publisher can only print to the printer's limitations. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

multiple copies won't print is word 2002
I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6). All of a sudden it won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one. I have a brother hl-5040 with 136 mb memory. The computer is running win xp pro; sp3. Any ideas? Thanks As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B84BC29-BAB9-4187-AFD8-6F19FD9BECCE@microsoft.com... > I am running Word 2002, ( as part of work...

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...