Outlook Printing cutting off margins of emails.

This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.  Out
of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and cutting
off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local printer, not on
any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and changed drivers, and
reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but no results.
Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.

Thanks

Was IE 7 recently installed?
There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.

"Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
> no results.
> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
betelgeuse (144)
2/27/2007 8:38:42 PM
Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
week or two after its been happening :)

Thanks for the quick response.

"Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Was IE 7 recently installed?
> There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
>

> "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
>> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
>> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
>> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
>> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
>> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
>> no results.
>> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
>>
>> Thanks

I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
off.

"Docwatmo" wrote:

> Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> week or two after its been happening :)
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>

> "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> >

> > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message
> >> This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook.
> >> Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and
> >> cutting off text on the left margin.  This only occurs on her local
> >> printer, not on any of the networked printers.  I have gone through and
> >> changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but
> >> no results.
> >> Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
Helpme2 (2)
3/7/2007 10:06:34 PM
I had this problem too.
The margins for Outlook (I believe it is the same for OE) are controlled
through Internet Explorer.

To change the margins, open Internet Explorer, then go to File>Page Setup...
Change the margin size from the IE dialog box and... viola!  Outlook prints
right too.

"Helpme2" wrote:

> I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
> print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
> when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
> off.
>
> "Docwatmo" wrote:
>
> > Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> > I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> > caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> > week or two after its been happening :)
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> > >

> > > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message

0
ardivus (1)
3/9/2007 10:25:00 PM
Hey that works.. thank you..

"Helpme2" wrote:

> I'm also having the same issue but mine is on my Network printer.  They can
> print anything on that printer with no problem and the margins are fine.  But
> when they print their email (Outlook Express) right side of the print is cut
> off.
>
> "Docwatmo" wrote:
>
> > Nope, this machine is still running IE6.0 with most of the latest updates.
> > I dont know if there was a recent update done to the machine that may have
> > caused this.  As the users dont bother to tell me there is a problem until a
> > week or two after its been happening :)
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > Was IE 7 recently installed?
> > > There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook.
> > >

> > > "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message

0
Helpme2 (2)

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

outlook 2000 help file

Check Printing #6
I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance Did you use msmoney -s (which is different than salv.exe)? "Kris" <kris@team19motorsports.com> wrote in message news:1682801c4177c$bd1ceeb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" > I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't > seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance ...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Print First Page Only
Hi Groupies: In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:E83B3132-6092-4092-924C-47A651128836@microsoft.com... > Hi Groupies: > > In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi > page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? > It is, b...

printing listbox in userform
Hi Everyone, Is there anyway only print listbox in the user form or save the list box values as a text file? I have a listbox in a user form which sometimes has listbox1.listcount is more than 40. When you see the listbox its ok you can scroll down to see other values after listcount 40 but cannot see all the values in the listbox when you printing. Is there anyway to do that? Your help is greatly appreciated ...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Print Part of the Register, and Fund Missing after Transfer?
I recently installed Money 2004 on a new computer, and transferred my mutual fund account into it from Quicken 99. One (minor) problem surfaced when I tried to check a portion of Quicken's account register and compare it with Money's, due to a problem I noticed after the transfer. Q99 allows one to print a portion of it's register by entering a range of dates to print (I only needed one day's worth of transactions). I don't see that feature in Money, but I don't want to print the entire register, since it's about 20 years in range. Is it possible to print on...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...