outlook or freeware calendar

My mother in law is in a nursing care facility.  My wife is coordinating the
schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her.
My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars.  Both of us are at a
loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various
email correspondents.  Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the
same thing.  The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of
is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file
(jpg/bmp) to each correspondent.  This seems to me to be a crude ineffectual
way to achieve the task.

Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?  To
outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?  If so,
could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?

"TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]

Norman Cohen and/or
Verlaine Keith-Miller (vkeihtmiller1@msn.com).

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:02:55 -0700, "Norman Cohen" <ncatty1939@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?  To
>outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?  If so,
>could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?

You could install FreePDF Printer,
http://www.acrosoftware.com/Products/CutePDF/Printer.asp
Then print to PDF and send the PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file.

hth

Dud
--

Black holes suck.
0

A place to start is the Microsoft Office web pages. another is
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm  some of these may be
useful or adaptable to your needs.

"Norman Cohen" <ncatty1939@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My mother in law is in a nursing care facility.  My wife is coordinating
the
> schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of
her.
> My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars.  Both of us are at
> loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various
> email correspondents.  Is there a freeware program which will accomplish
the
> same thing.  The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think
of
> is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the
file
> (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent.  This seems to me to be a crude
ineffectual
> way to achieve the task.
>
> Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?  To
> outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?  If so,
> could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?
>
> "TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]
>
> Norman Cohen and/or
> Verlaine Keith-Miller (vkeihtmiller1@msn.com).

0
Jnkmonkey (1)
10/20/2003 12:49:18 AM
This page gives you several options but my favorite is the myolcal:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print

YOu can send this to your recipients after you run the wizard.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

JunkMonkey <Jnkmonkey@notscape.not> asked:

| Have you explored the possibility of a third party add - in for
| Outlook?  It may well be freeware or very low cost.  Remember one of
| the MAJOR selling points of Outlook is the incredible programmable
| flexibility that is built into Outlook.
|
| A place to start is the Microsoft Office web pages. another is
| http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm  some of these may be
| useful or adaptable to your needs.
|

| "Norman Cohen" <ncatty1939@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| My mother in law is in a nursing care facility.  My wife is
|| coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to
|| visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for
|| personal calendars.  Both of us are at a loss how to send our
|| outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email
|| correspondents.  Is there a freeware program which will accomplish
|| the same thing.  The only way to achieve what we want to do that I
|| can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file
|| and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent.  This seems to
|| me to be a crude ineffectual way to achieve the task.
|| Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?
|| To outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?
|| If so, could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?
|| "TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]
|| Norman Cohen and/or
|| Verlaine Keith-Miller (vkeihtmiller1@msn.com).

0
MillyS1 (1480)
10/20/2003 2:33:35 AM
Thank you all for your generous help.  Why I didn't think of using
word/outlook templates is beyond me.  I fancy myself as fairly bright, and I
didn't think of the obvious solution.
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message

> [...]

> schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her.
> My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars.  Both of us are at a
> loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various
> email correspondents.  Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the
> same thing.  The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of
> is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file
> (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent.  This seems to me to be a crude ineffectual
> way to achieve the task.
>
> Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?  To
> outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?  If so,
> could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?
>
> "TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]

Several web portals offer group calendars free for noncommercial use
(albeit with ads).  A small family group could share a single master
password.

I don't remember the names offhand.  I didn't record the details
because this model didn't satisfy my needs at the time.  I found them
going through 4 or 5 pages of the Yahoo or Google/Open directories
after seaching for "calendar" or "scheduling".  I vaguely remember one
of them being for (from?) "scouting" or a similar group.

If you have your own site or are willing to create one, you could post
two pages with a simple 7x4 grid: one for committed visits, one for
schedule planning.  A third page could be a family-wide blog for news.
 Just remember that any site can be hacked.

BTW, the middle of an unexpected -- or at least unplanned -- family
crisis may not be the best time to expect yourself to be creative.
Remember that you are not the first family to go through this.  Talk
to the nursing supervisor, social worker, pastor, and/or support
group.  You might find a ready made solution.  One local nursing home
will provide a password protected page per resident (but the patient
or guardian must sign a quite encompassing waiver since protected
personal and medical information could be posted).

I'm sorry none of this is very specific, but it might stimulate some
ideas that are applicable to your specific family situation.

BillR
Thank you all very much for your kind assistance. Unfortunately the crisis
abated in view of my mother in law's death.  Fortunately I was there at the
moment.  Again, thank you all.  I appreciate your kindness.

I must say, I am shocked that a program as sophisticated (bloatware? is the
term) as Outlook didn't allow me to achieve what I wanted toachieve.
"BillR" <BillR5temp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Norman Cohen" <ncatty1939@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > My mother in law is in a nursing care facility.  My wife is coordinating
the
> > schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of
her.
> > My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars.  Both of us are
at a
> > loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our
various
> > email correspondents.  Is there a freeware program which will accomplish
the
> > same thing.  The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think
of
> > is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the
file
> > (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent.  This seems to me to be a crude
ineffectual
> > way to achieve the task.
> >
> > Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?  To
> > outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?  If
so,
> > could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?
> >
> > "TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]
> >
> > Norman Cohen and/or
> > Verlaine Keith-Miller (vkeihtmiller1@msn.com).
>
> Several web portals offer group calendars free for noncommercial use
> (albeit with ads).  A small family group could share a single master
> password.
>
> I don't remember the names offhand.  I didn't record the details
> because this model didn't satisfy my needs at the time.  I found them
> going through 4 or 5 pages of the Yahoo or Google/Open directories
> after seaching for "calendar" or "scheduling".  I vaguely remember one
> of them being for (from?) "scouting" or a similar group.
>
> If you have your own site or are willing to create one, you could post
> two pages with a simple 7x4 grid: one for committed visits, one for
> schedule planning.  A third page could be a family-wide blog for news.
>  Just remember that any site can be hacked.
>
> BTW, the middle of an unexpected -- or at least unplanned -- family
> crisis may not be the best time to expect yourself to be creative.
> Remember that you are not the first family to go through this.  Talk
> to the nursing supervisor, social worker, pastor, and/or support
> group.  You might find a ready made solution.  One local nursing home
> will provide a password protected page per resident (but the patient
> or guardian must sign a quite encompassing waiver since protected
> personal and medical information could be posted).
>
> I'm sorry none of this is very specific, but it might stimulate some
> ideas that are applicable to your specific family situation.
>
> BillR

0
ncatty (7)
10/22/2003 11:49:01 PM
Hello, Norman!
You wrote  on Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:02:55 -0700:

 NC> Query:  is there a freeware program which will achieve the same end?
 NC> To outlook fora is there a way to achieve the end I am asking about?
 NC> If so, could someone explain in NEWBIE-NOVICE terms?

 NC> "TIA" [vocabulary acquired from surfing various newsgroups]

 NC> Norman Cohen and/or
 NC> Verlaine Keith-Miller (vkeihtmiller1@msn.com).

In Outlook XP, click on your Calendar folder. Go to File, Save as Web Page
and follow the wizard.  You can zip up the folder of the resulting HTML
pages and send them to anyone with a browser.

With best regards, John H..  E-mail: johnhood@wi.rr.com
John Hood's "Best of Freeware" http://home.wi.rr.com/johnhood/freeware/

0
johnhood (2)
10/23/2003 2:14:31 AM
"Norm" <ncatty@qwest.net> wrote in message news:<SHElb.705$G_1.84649@news.uswest.net>...
> Thank you all very much for your kind assistance. Unfortunately the crisis
> abated in view of my mother in law's death.  Fortunately I was there at the
> moment.  Again, thank you all.  I appreciate your kindness.

Sorry you didn't have time to use John's answer.  Condolences from all
to you and your family.

Best wishes,
BillR

Outlook and Loutus Notes
We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can I do this and if so how? Thanks for any help Steve Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this > to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can you be more explicit in what you mean by this? It sounds like you're saying you want Notes to automatically install Outlook updates. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-19...

outlook 2000 meeting request to outlook 2003
Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other than to upgrade? Thanks Sorry, I forgot to add that I want the persons using Outlook 2003 to be able to add the meeting requests from Outlook 2000. "How" <how_kong@shaw...

email & calendar forward to unknown domain users
I have two EX secretaries that when some people create a calendar apptn for various users they get "postmaster" email notifying them of undeliverable to people who are no longer here and had their exchange mailbox remove as well as their domain login . Any idea where to look in Exchange 2003 for where these individual names are still embedded somewhere? I cant find it in the individual Outlook profile sending the apptn or in the domain or in server manager application. thanks for any help, Raul Rego NJPIES Delegate entries for people who are still there. ...

outlook xp AND outlook 2003
I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in the Add/Remove programs list. There is no such thing as Outlook XP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked: | I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in | the Add/Remove programs list. OK...how about OUTLOOK that comes as part of OFFICE XP...aka OFFICE 2002? Without any furious head scrat...

Outlook #182
when I creates a Calendar entry it also creates a task. My task entries are up to 20. How can I resolve this issue? ...

Outlook to Outlook Express
Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they compatable? >-----Original Message----- >Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into >Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they >compatable? >. >Try the import wizard. Click File, then Import, then Import Mail & Addresses ...

Outlook send format
When replying on a E-mail the format of the e-mail changes. In stead of answering the E-mail in RTF the mail is answered in normal text. Is there a setting where it is posible to mark that the mails should be foced to send the mail in RTF? It functions when creating a new mail, it is only when replying on a mail. When replying or forwarding, Outlook will always try to use the format that the original message was in. For example, if the original message is in Plain Text, Outlook will try to reply in Plain Text. You can force Outlook to always send to a certain contact in Rich Text mo...

Integration with Outlook
We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Since the product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts in Outlook automatically added to CRM? If not, is there a way I can select contacts to be added? In CRM v3.0, you can promote Outlook contacts to CRM. Unfortunately, you cannot do multiple contacts at one time, and must do them individually. This is a suggestion we are considering for a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Larry S." <LarryS@discu...

Outlook 2007 Beta -- IE Script Error
Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the following information: Line: 298 char: 1 Error: Library not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Pop saying operation failed because of a registry or installantion problem. answering yes or no provides the same out come I'm getting this same type of problem when I attempt to change "Outlook Today". "coqui" wrote: > Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the > following information: &...

how to resetC:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.
This message always apears after I try to start Outlook 2007 . Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. It worked now the bugger has gone on holiday. Please help I can' access any of my stored e-mails ...

outlook 2003 #212
After working with outlook2003 (upgrade to office 2003 from xp), trying to close it, the main window closed but in the task manager outlook.exe is still working. Can not open outlook again unless end task first. ...

Outlook Express #242
In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via Outlook Express. milton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent > email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via > Outlook Express. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

dial phone from outlook
Hello, I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas? Not sure what else you expected, but that's the expected behavior. It has nothing to do with Outlook. Outlook just invokes the Windows dialer. All the Windows dialer does is dial phone numbers. It knows nothing about voice modems. Apparently you are looking for a product that supports voice modems. If yo...

ESM and outlook
Can this reallt be true? --------------- Microsoft says emphatically over and over that you cannot install Outlook and any part of Exchange, even just ESM, on the same machine, without "breaking Outlook or Exchange". --------------- I want to be able to use Exchange System Manager on a machine which have outlook installed. I mean then goes the whole idea of administering almost everything from you client machine. Regards Michael I have Outlook 2003 plus exchange 2000 system manager working on windows 2000 pro SP4 with no problems. Simon "Michael" <michael@evande...

clean uninstall for Outlook
I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup Outlook all over again? >-----Original Message----- >I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website >to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all >of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and >settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup >Outlook all over again? >. > Go into the ...

Outlook 2007
It seems that a mail thread where leaving the original (and corresponding replies) embedded in the message eventually gets delivered back to my Outlook 2007 pop3 account truncated. A majority of the original message and earlier replies seems to get removed after the third iteration. I have scrubbed my settings and have tested this to one webmail based account and can't determine where this is occurring. I have read on different (non ms) forums that this has been an Outlook problem for years. I am looking for official word from Microsoft pertaining to this "feature.&q...

Outlook & Outlook Express #3
My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, I get an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this page." Line: 2021 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified error Code: 0 URL: res://ieframe.dll/previes.dlg ================================== Can anyone help me with this problem? > My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, > I get > an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this > page." > Line: 2021 > Char: 1 > Error: Unspecified error > Code: 0 > URL: re...

Outlook email
I am trying tohelp a friend. He has XP and is using Outlook for email He has muliple accounts set up He is able to send out email on acounts 1 ,2, 3, 4, not 5 All mail setting are set to the correct POP and SMTP settings. He is able to telnet to the SMTP server for that account. I have addded a new profile - that one can't send out email I have removed the Office and reinstalled - still nothing Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Vasia ...

Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007
I am try to create a policy using administrative temples. The software is Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. I retain emails that have been removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days. I want to prevent users from purging those emails. In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to create a custom disable group policy. For some reason, nobody seems to know the control ID. Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003 does not seem to work. Does anyone know the control ID? Is it in the list? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...

swapping from Outlook to Outlook Express
Hi, I used before Outlook as I worked in a LAN. Now, I have not access to the Exchange Server and therefor I use Outlook Explorer 6. I tried to configure Hotmail to the existing Outlook but I did not succeed. If I could I would use Outlook because it has more features e.g. synchronize tasks, calendar. I get the following Error when I start Outlook: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Oulook and set it as the defaul mail client". Question: is it possible to configure Outlook for use of Hotm...

Outlook Survey Feature
I understand that OUTLOOK has a feature that will allow me to send an electronic survey to my staff in the field. After they have responded, their votes can be tabulated. The survey is supposedly done via a "voting" feature. Does anyone know how that works? Thanks! See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/sendform.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0a01c39cad$ac4c4260$a601280a@...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...

Outlook 2003 Follow Up Flag File Failure
Hi: I’m running Outlook 2003, Win XP-Pro with all SPs and the latest updates, but have recently developed a problem with Outlook’s Follow Up flag feature. I’m able to flag messages in my Inbox with one of several different colors; but none of the flagged messages automatically appear in the built-in Follow Up folder. Sure, I can still drag and drop copies of flagged messages into the Follow Up folder, but I miss the auto feature – something that has worked up until recently. I did a “repair” to Outlook, but the problem still exists. All my e-mail accounts are POP-3 accounts...

Outlook Newreading
Is there a way to start Outlook Express, which is Outlook's newsreader, by itself without OE thinking it's being started as an email program? To put it another way, can OE be started without it asking me for email server information or checking for new messages there? All I want to do is use it as my newsreader while using Outlook 2003 for email. Thanks! William: You should be able to start just the reader! However..... In OL 2002, you could just choose View - News from the menu bar. I added a shortcut button to one of my toolbars to do this. When I upgraded to OL 2003, the ...

FRx 6.5 with SP7 "failed to load company calendar
Hi Everyone, I really need help on this. I got this error "Failed to load company calendar" when generating report in FRx. Last 2005, I installed IE6, mdac2.8, and FRx service pack 7. As told by the vendor where we bought FRx, SP7 will resolve this issue...and yes, it did. Not until now, this error occured again. As per TechKnowledge, leaving 1 period open can also resolve the issue but still it persists. I also ran "Compact FRx Database" but nothing happen. Please, help. thanks There's a couple of other causes for this. Check techknowledge #s 878386,874932. St...