Outlook Mail Item Duplicate "Display Name" Problem

Dear all,

I'm currently writing a Persona Menu smart tag in Outlook 2003. I use
dynamic caption and intend to modify the "Additional Actions" sub-menu
depending on the contact(in the MAPIFolder) that the tag is referring
to.

Problem occurs in the mapping of the tag and OL contact. All
information I can find from the smart tag action DLL(with
ISmartTagAction2 interface) is just the tagged text string from
get_VerbCaptionFromID2() but not the entity object that calls the
persona menu. So my way to complete the chain is to :

1)  search the sender and recipients' "display name" in the mailItem
that matches the text string I've obtained
2)  then map the sender/recipient's email address with those in the
contacts

However, the mapping in 1) is not necessarily unique, right?(I've
tried successfully to create two contacts with same "display as"
field)

Do anyone have any idea of completing the chain? Did I miss some
information that can be obtained in the action DLL? Or is there a
different way? A million thanks in advance!

Regards,
Albert

Changing the display name of a user
This probably sounds like a dumb question, but I've tried everything I can think of and it is not changing. I have a user who was setup with a wrong display name (I thought it was Robert, it should be Rob). I'm running SBS2003. I have went into user manager and clicked on the change display name and did it that way. It changed it on the user manager window, but not when you log into OWA and send an email, the person that receives the email still shows Robert as the sender. I have went into the user properties and looked around there with out seeing anything. I didn'...

Complaining abou the display name
Our organization is Exchange 2003/Windows 2003. Our users (bless their hearts) wanted the GAL to be displayed in Last Name, First Name format. Okay - no problem. I performed the steps in this article and the GAL shows up as they requested: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250455/en-us Now when email comes in to them, the sender displays as "Last Name, First Name" (imagine that), and they aren't happy about it. They want the GAL to display "Last Name, First Name" and the incoming messages to show up as "First Name Last Name". Is this even remotely poss...

Display name show LDAP information
Dear expert, Our new EXCH 2003 was running fine so far but some of the users having problem sending email to recipient of same Org. After checking we found that when we click their name from GAL, there are no email address or other information in the address property except for Display Name. The Display Name shown something like /o=xxx/OC=xxx/CN=xxx .... it seems like LDAP information or something. Just wish to learn from you why is such thing happen and what is the solution. thanks Elton, I would suggest checking your Recipient Policies and ensuring that no errors are being log...

Outlook only shows 1st character of email address, display name and type
Found this oddity on an outlook 2000 client accessing contacts from a public folder. Basically the email address shows up find in the contact window and sending a message to the contact seems fine, but if you look at the address properties then each part (the address, display name and type) each only have one character in them, and it looks like the first character in each case. It might be because the majority of the office use outlook 2002 so maybe the contact is not correctly readable by outlook 2000? That said, if you look at the contacts actualy fields, they appear to be correct....

My Contact Display Names in Outlook 2007
First, let me state I am not as computer savvy as you undoubtedly are, so please help me in layman terms if possible. I updated to Office 2007 and use Outlook Connector (most recent version downloaded). I always was able to have just the display name show WITHOUT the person's email address showing. Now, even if I go through list one by one and delete the email addresses next to the name displayed, when I close Outlook and re-open it, the email addresses are back next to the display name again. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank you for your help. There's not enough...

Display name is different as my default display name in Exchange 2
Hi guys, Is there a way to force Exchange to chande the display name ??? Here's a exemple: If our web site send a email to someone by relaying on the exchange server.With the following information Sender name: "Sales" Sender email: sales@company.com To: Customer email adress CC: Allan Tox When I receive the copy of the email I want to see my display name of sales@company.com wich is Customer Service Paradox Security and not from Sales... Can you guys have a idea where I have to do my change on the Exchange server ? Thank you for your ...

Display Name will not update
I have 1 user that had his name spelled wrong, so we updated everything in ADUC, including the 'Display Name', however, in the Outlook Address Book, it still is listed as the original wrong last name. I have rebuilt the OAB, updated the RUS, and double-checked all instances of his last name (including ADSIEDIT). The last name will still not update to the correct spelling. Any help would be appreciated. Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 Thanks Are you looking at the GAL from a machine using cached mode? If so you may still need to download the updated OAB to your Outlook. -Peter...

How to rename the main forms and entity display names?
Does anybody know if it is possible to change the display names of the CRM entities themselves? We are willing to consider any customization route, supported or not. The reason we want to do this is that in our clients (financial) domain, the term Account (as an example) has a specific meaning which is not the same as it is the MS-CRM domain. Obviously we don't expect to be able to change the actual name of the entity, but would expect to be able to change occurrences of the word "Account" in the UI to be something that will not confuse the business users. Frankly if we can'...

Display Name in Outgoing SMTP mail
Hi all, We have upgraded from 5.5 to 2003, and the Internet Mail Service connector has been migrated from 5.5 to 2003 yesterday. Since then, the outgoing mail display is lost. Which shows, samuellcw@hotmail.com instead of Samuel(Display name in AD) in all outgoing mail. Very annoying, I just able to find one setting in Internet message setting(Preserve display name in all outgoing mail), however not working at all! Please help!! Thank you so much! Samuel ...

Display Name and the Exchange Expensive Toy
How to solve these two COMMON problems? Exchange 2003 (Windows 2003 SBS) used to Send/Receive Internet Emails 1) A user "Mr X" has a valid Internet email address <info@mydomain.com> When Mr. X sends an Internet email everyone receive it as: "Mr. X" <info@mydomain.com> Is it possible to change the Display Name "Mr X" to "Info Domain" ONLY for the email sent to the Internet???? (I would like the outside world to see "Info Domain" <info@mydomain.com>, NOT "Mr. X" <info@mydomain.com>) I know I can suppress Di...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

append text after a display name.
In W2K3/E2K3i, is there a way to automate the process of appending a common text message (some_message) after a display name to a group of users in AD users and computers? *before display name Bob Smith Joe Walsh *after display name Bob Smith (MCRD) Joe Walsh (MCRD) I would rather not have to manually edit hundreds of user's display names. On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:12:07 -0700, "AdminKen" <some@microsoft.com> wrote: >In W2K3/E2K3i, is there a way to automate the process of appending a common >text message (some_message) after a display name to a group of users ...

outlok today [ display name ]
i have a user that her outlook today display does not have [ mailbox -user ] and her public folder view is always above her mailbox. how can i add her display outlook today [mailbox - username ] ? i tried in the regedit added [mailbox - username ] and it wouldn't take effecct. this only happen in windows 2000 SP4 with outlook 2000 SP3.. i have another machine with XP and outlook 2000 and it works. You may want to ask in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook. drpepper wrote: > > i have a user that her outlook today display does not have [ mailbox -user ] > and her public fold...

how to recover Table Display Name?
In report writer Under Related Tables window shows [Not Found] from the "Tables:" list. If doulbe click on [Not Found], Table Definition window popup shows: *Table Name: RM_Class_MSTR *Display Name: BLANK *Physical Name: RM00201 Is that possible to recover a "Display Name" of the table? Thank you very much! Hi Sophie I don't know of any way to "fix" this. Can I suggest exporting the report with Tools >> Customise >> Customisation Maintenance and then deleting it from Report Writer and then importing it back. Make a backup copy of the rep...

Email from CRM showing sender's email address, not display name
We recently installed CRM 4.0 as an upgrade from 3.0. When an email activity is generated and sent, the resulting email in Outlook only shows the senders email address in the From field, not the Display Name. As a matter of fact, the display name is not even included in the message header. We are using the CRM Email Router to send using SMTP. This happens whether the email is from a User or Queue. Anyone seen this yet? Is this a CRM issue or an Exhange issue. I seen it and then it disappeared :) publish the email router again . are you generating email through workflow? send emai...

Finding the Display name in CRM 4.0 Database
In CRM 3.0 the attribute Display and Label names were not stored in the CRM db, does anyone know if this has changed in 4.0? If not, does anyone know of a tool or bit of code out there that can retrieve this data? Any help would be excellent. --MD To clarify, the issue I'm having with 4.0 is that the data field call "FieldXml" in the FilteredOrganizationUI view does not contain any data. Has anyone else encountered this?? This was the place whereby you could parse the XML and find things like Tab Names, Display Names, etc. It's no longer at our disposal. What gives?? --MD ...

Display name is wrong
Running Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003; experience level is NOVICE. We just got a new ISP, so I went around and re-configured everyone's Outlook 2003 to point to the new place. Our Director sent a Test Message (here's the text in the4 body: "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account." to ensure everything was correct and saw the display name on the return test email -- it had a different name than his. His name is Felipe Chavez-Ramirez, but the display...

Rollup 2 impact on Label/Display name
Hi, I have faced a strange behavior after installing rollup 2 on CRM server : when I customize attibutes properties I usually want to have different names for display name and labels (in form). But with rollup 2 display name seems to replace label even after I have published my form. I need to make a iisreset to see my changes. Did anyone notice this ? Thanks Lo�c Yup - had some really strange behaviour similar to your issue the other day - but only seemed to be on one entity - really weird "Lo�c" <soucoupiste@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%232MwCIshJHA.1252@TK2MSF...

Display Names
Is it possible to change all users display name from firstname lastname to lastname, firstname using a script or does this have to be done manually for all users Exchange 2003 This should help, it applies to Exchange 2000 but the steps are pretty much the same: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF023.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Amy Capps" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C636B9-DD99-4AB5-8564-4D24FDED86C3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change all users display name from fi...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

Display Name Resolution situation
I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes: MB1 = Mike - sent a message to Sarah MB2 = Sarah - Sarah did not receive the message MB3 = John - John received the message In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following: Sarah (sarah@domain.com) But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose Properties, you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox. None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor do we have any Public folder contacts. It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered ...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

My display name
does anyone know how to change the display name in the group? I for some reason put my email address...and I really don't want everyone having my email address :) In the top right corner of the window, next to the Sign In/Sign Out button is the "Edit My Profile" button. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This postin...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...