Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed

We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we
had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed
Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long
as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook.
Any clues?
We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I
(personally) have noticed no difference but our other
users have.
tia
0
anonymous (74722)

Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the
only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Meagan asked:

| We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we
| had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed
| Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long
| as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook.
| Any clues?
| We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I
| (personally) have noticed no difference but our other
| users have.
| tia

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
10/5/2004 6:37:01 AM
The firewall was installed between the server and the workstations?  Sounds
like it's blocking RPC packets.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Meagan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we
> had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed
> Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long
> as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook.
> Any clues?
> We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I
> (personally) have noticed no difference but our other
> users have.
> tia

0
bens1 (1425)

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Opening a new instance of Excel

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

Outlook 2003

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

Lockbox Installation
Hi everyone: We are going to be purchasing the Lockbox module for Great Plains version 8.0. However, there does not appear to be any installation instructions anywhere. Does anyone know what we need to do to install Lockbox after we input our new registration keys? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_8F4F86C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Thank you for using news groups! Lock box does not have its own dictionary files and is included in the dynamics dictionary so you are correct there is no install procedure. On...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...