Outlook in Office XP crashing ten to twelve times a day

My out look is crashing every few hours.  I have tried compacting, Detect
and Repair in Outlook and repair installation from the install discs without
outlook running as well as SCANPST on the outlook.pst file to no avail.

Although I am not usually doing the same thing when it crashes (and
sometimes it crashes while I am  not even working in it) It especially seems
to crash at the moment with a Fatal Exception Error while I am trying to
insert a file in an e-mail I am trying to send. (Up until this morning this
never presented problems before and it MAY just be a problem with this
particular email)

The only way I am not using outlook in the normal way is that I was not
autoarchiving.  Is there a maximum file size for outlook.pst? Otherwise has
anyone got any ideas for what I can try next? Nothing else in Office
(Meaning Word)  crashes.

news.microsoft.com <fountainpen@amexol.net> wrote:

> The only way I am not using outlook in the normal way is that I was
> not autoarchiving.  Is there a maximum file size for outlook.pst?

Yes.  1.83 GB.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Do you have any issues with other apps (other than Office apps) on this
machine?

"news.microsoft.com" <fountainpen@amexol.net> wrote in message
> My out look is crashing every few hours.  I have tried compacting, Detect
> and Repair in Outlook and repair installation from the install discs
> without outlook running as well as SCANPST on the outlook.pst file to no
> avail.
>
> Although I am not usually doing the same thing when it crashes (and
> sometimes it crashes while I am  not even working in it) It especially
> seems to crash at the moment with a Fatal Exception Error while I am
> trying to insert a file in an e-mail I am trying to send. (Up until this
> morning this never presented problems before and it MAY just be a problem
> with this particular email)
>
> The only way I am not using outlook in the normal way is that I was not
> autoarchiving.  Is there a maximum file size for outlook.pst? Otherwise
> has anyone got any ideas for what I can try next? Nothing else in Office
> (Meaning Word)  crashes.

0
vince8328 (2732)
8/10/2005 5:46:43 PM
> Do you have any issues with other apps (other than Office apps) on this
> machine?
I'm nowhere near that limit AND have autoarchived now AND the problem
persists: The only issues I have are that everything happens syrupy slowly.
I have 744 MHz, 256 Meg and a swap file on a D drive.  There SHOULD be
enough memory but I get the impression that the slowness must be because the
OS isn't releasing memory properly (when it closes down applications?). When
I start, everything seems to happen reasonably quickly but pretty
immediately thereafter (and often with only one program running???),
everything slows to a crawl which no amount of updating the OS to renew
DLLs, defragging, scandisking, registry checking, and (usually the best one)
SFC /scannowing seems to help. I even tried to repair the installation and
then a whole repair installation.

Word works fine but is extremely slow looking in directories in its OPEN
FILE screen, which I figured was just a lousy quirk of Word which I never
had in the old days when everyone used WordPerfect (but Photoshop 7,  which
I would imagine is the most memory intensive application I have,  seems to
work as well as it should)

Though I cant see how this OS problem could affect specifically Outlook?

Is there any way I can get into the continuous error reports it makes to
Microsoft every time it crashes to find out what is going on? It dutifully
thanks me for doing this but doesn't tell me what it reports. Surely that
would tell me something?

The other thing I Have noticed is that it often gets hung up sending and
receiving email and I can see it trying to do this seventeen or more times.
If I close it and reopen it immediately, this problem simply goes away,
everything is received immediately and continues to be received until the
next time this problem reappears

Try turning your AV software off and then try word/oulook.

In message <EHNaVfonFHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, News.microsoft.com
<fountainpen@amexol.net> writes
>The other thing I Have noticed is that it often gets hung up sending and
>receiving email and I can see it trying to do this seventeen or more times.
>If I close it and reopen it immediately, this problem simply goes away,
>everything is received immediately and continues to be received until the
>next time this problem reappears

--
Dave
0

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

xp no boot menu no key board option
My friend's parents have asked me to "fix their computer" I think the only problem is: I need to re-install XP and drivers. The only problem with that is I cannot get to the boot menu. On start up, the screen goes blank and goes to the "megatrends" screen where it tells you the status of your HD and stuff. I tried ps2 and usb keyboards but i cannot get to the boot menu. Both keyboards I was using have led lights but they never turn on I checked connections and all were fastened properly. thanks for reading -- namflow44 -------------------------...

Print Preview, Office Mac X, Zoom not working
The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the document, as it is unreadable otherwise. The following MSKB article refers to Excel 98, but perhaps the same solution will work in your version: XL98: Zoom Button Is Unavailable in Print Preview http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=186869 Nick Shestople wrote: > The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the > document, as it is unreadable otherwise. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Domain ControllerThe Time Sync
Hello This is now driving me crazy, I have sync the time with time.windows.com on the domain controller but its allway 2/3 minutes out with our clients! The domain controller is windows 2003 server Hello Jason, Make sure the DC has the PDCEmulator role which is configured to the external time source. On all machines must port 123 UDP be open. On the clients run(can also be scripted as startup script): w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update After that run: net stop w32time net start w32time Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided...