outlook how to question

how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?

tia
0
sstovall3 (48)

why not send them to yourself

<sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message
> how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?
>
> tia

0
twoduncans (45)
12/10/2005 9:44:36 PM
sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:32:27 -0600:

> how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?

In Outlook Express go to

File | Export | Messages

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:03:50 +0100, Christian Goeller
<crg@despammed.com> wrote:

>sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:32:27 -0600:
>
>> how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?
>
>In Outlook Express go to
>
>File | Export | Messages
0
sstovall3 (48)
12/10/2005 10:18:52 PM
in oulook:
File - Import and Export... - select "Import form an other Programm or file"
- Next - select Outloo Express 4.x... - Next

--
Sylvain
frogy.ch

"sstovall3@aol.com" wrote:

> how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?
>
> tia

0
Sylvain (19)
12/10/2005 10:19:02 PM
sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:18:52 -0600:

> the files are on a cd, access to outlook express has now been lost.

dbx-files? If yes, copy the files from the cd to your harddisk and
uncheck write protection (Righclick | Properties)

Then import this files into Outlook Express

File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express | Import E-Mails from an
Outlook Express folder structure (or similary; I don't know the correct
names in an english Outlook Express)

Then export the mails from Outlook Express to Outlook

File | Export | Messages

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:19:02 -0800, "Sylvain"
<Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>in oulook:
>File - Import and Export... - select "Import form an other Programm or file"
>- Next - select Outloo Express 4.x... - Next
0
sstovall3 (48)
12/10/2005 11:15:16 PM
sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:15:16 -0600:

> or access the files directly on the cd by opening
> outlook-file-import-select from another program.

No! You have to copy the file onto the hard drive and uncheck the write
protection.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:17:50 +0100, Christian Goeller
<crg@despammed.com> wrote:

>sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:15:16 -0600:
>
>> or access the files directly on the cd by opening
>> outlook-file-import-select from another program.
>
>No! You have to copy the file onto the hard drive and uncheck the write
>protection.
0
sstovall3 (48)
12/10/2005 11:27:22 PM
sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:27:22 -0600:

> ok, copy the dbx files onto the hard drive, uncheck the write
> protection.  open outlook, select file-import-from another program.

No :-)! Open Outlook Express(!!) and then

File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express | Import E-Mails from an
Outlook Express folder structure (or similary; I don't know the correct
names in an english Outlook Express)

Then export this files to Outlook

File | Export | Messages

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

<crg@despammed.com> wrote:

>sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:15:16 -0600:
>
>> or access the files directly on the cd by opening
>> outlook-file-import-select from another program.
>
>No! You have to copy the file onto the hard drive and uncheck the write
>protection.
0
sstovall3 (48)
12/10/2005 11:33:40 PM
Thanks Christian, we will try something else, he no longer has access
to outlook express.  Thanks for the help.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:33:16 +0100, Christian Goeller
<crg@despammed.com> wrote:

>sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:27:22 -0600:
>
>> ok, copy the dbx files onto the hard drive, uncheck the write
>> protection.  open outlook, select file-import-from another program.
>
>No :-)! Open Outlook Express(!!) and then
>
>File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express | Import E-Mails from an
>Outlook Express folder structure (or similary; I don't know the correct
>names in an english Outlook Express)
>
>Then export this files to Outlook
>
>File | Export | Messages
0
sstovall3 (48)
12/10/2005 11:48:21 PM
> Thanks Christian, we will try something else, he no longer has access
> to outlook express.  Thanks for the help.
>
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:33:16 +0100, Christian Goeller
> <crg@despammed.com> wrote:
>
>>sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:27:22 -0600:
>>
>>> ok, copy the dbx files onto the hard drive, uncheck the write
>>> protection.  open outlook, select file-import-from another program.
>>
>>No :-)! Open Outlook Express(!!) and then
>>
>>File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express | Import E-Mails from an
>>Outlook Express folder structure (or similary; I don't know the correct
>>names in an english Outlook Express)
>>
>>Then export this files to Outlook
>>
>>File | Export | Messages

I'm puzzled by this statement: "...he no longer has access
to outlook express...." If he has Windows, he has Outlook Express...

0
Chuck
12/11/2005 1:28:21 AM
EXPORT from Outlook Express unless your friend does not mind losing
important information, like received dates.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, sstovall3@aol.com asked:

| i just checked my outlook2003, outlook express is not a listed option
| to import from.
|
| On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:17:50 +0100, Christian Goeller
| <crg@despammed.com> wrote:
|
|| sstovall3@aol.com, you  wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:15:16 -0600:
||| or access the files directly on the cd by opening
||| outlook-file-import-select from another program.
|| No! You have to copy the file onto the hard drive and uncheck the
|| write protection.

0
MillyS (3228)
12/11/2005 3:22:52 AM
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:48:21 -0600, sstovall3@aol.com wrote:

>he no longer has access to outlook express.

Well, if Outlook Express is not on the computer, beside not being able
to transfer the .dbx files correctly, Outlook will not function
properly.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:28:21 -0800, "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at
anthemwebs dot com> wrote:

>I'm puzzled by this statement: "...he no longer has access
>to outlook express...." If he has Windows, he has Outlook Express...

0
sstovall3 (48)
12/11/2005 5:54:44 PM
sstovall3@aol.com <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote:

> how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook?

If Outlook and Outlook Express are on the same machine, in Outlook Express,
click FIle>Export>Messages and follow the prompts.  For Contact and Rule
information, use Outlook and click File>Import and Export>Import Internet
Mail and Addresses>Next, select Outlook Express, uncheck "Import Mail",
click Next, Select the desired duplicate handling, andf click Finish.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
12/12/2005 3:46:27 PM
Sylvain <Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> in oulook:
> File - Import and Export... - select "Import form an other Programm
> or file" - Next - select Outloo Express 4.x... - Next

Wrong, but thanks for playing.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Combo Box Question
I have an Access Database with a form on it that has 3 combo boxes 1 Flex grid and 1 list box. The combo boxes display specific data based on a user selection in the flex grid or the list box. the flex grid shows current appointments and the list box shows cancelled appointments. The combo boxes show the detail of the appointment. If the user selects an item in the flex grid the combo boxes populate correctly if the user selects an item in the listbox the combo boxes error. Both click events use the same VBA Subroutine to populate the combo boxes using a recordset the only differ...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

Format date question
Hi everyone, I have a textfield that I want to change (with a query) to "yymm". Format([Datefield];"yyyymm") is working, but not Format([Datefield];"yymm") Which really puzzles me.. It doesn't matter if the the new field is "date" or "text" as long as it displays yy (2 digits) and mm (2 digits). Any ideas? Kindly Mikael Sweden What version of Access? I just tested with 2003 (US) and it returned 0801 for the current date A workaround might be to use Right(Format([Datefield];"yyyymm");4) AHHH! A **TEXT** field. In th...

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...