Outlook Folders Entitled "Infected"

I had two empty folders in Outlook that I didn't put
there. One is called "\Infected" and the other is
called "Infected". My IT group has no idea how they got
there. I have deleted them but I'd like to know if anyone
knows what these folders mean.
0
falroy9 (1)

Can't delete infected messages
This is probably a NAV question, but this is such a helpful newsgroup, I wanted to ask here. I've got some NOVARG infected messages in a folder, and I'm trying to delete them. When I try, I get an error message as follows: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I have been through NAV, and made sure that I'm not scanning the wrong directories, but I still have the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Jeff "Jeff Brooks-Manas" <support@nospam.rmcengr.com> wrote in news:#i$LBSR5DHA.389...

Re: Updates infected with "Antivirus Soft" virus?
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: >>> I'm sorry you had to go through this absurd experience just because >>> IE 6 is so susceptible to malware but, as you've stated, it's just >>> another lesson. I try to push folks to upgrade to IE8 >> [snip] >> >> Is IE7 not as secure as IE8? If not, in what ways is IE8 more secure? >> >> Is it possible to harden IE6 so that it is just as secure as IE8? > > A1. No. See, e.g., > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd919181(WS.10).aspx > A2. No. Also see http://blo...

Updates infected with "Antivirus Soft" virus?
1. New Toshiba Laptop, formatted hard drive 2. Installed Basic Toshiba drivers: Chipset, LAN, WAN, Audio 3. Connected to Wireless Network 4. Run Microsoft Update up to the point where it says do I want to activate my license 5. Then I let Automatic Updates download and install the updates (don't have to activate when Automatic Updates does the work for me.) 6. This pc still has XP PRO SP2 7. Downloaded 64 updates 8. Rebooted and the "Antivirus Soft" virus came up, basically locking up all my exe files. I've scanned everything and the virus has not been found o...

Tracing the infected clients by using message tracking log...
Hi, I'm analizing the message tracking log files from Exchange 2000, looking for who is sending MyDoom messages inside my organization. I've installed an Exchange Antivirus so we are no spreading the virus, but I want to cut the clients that are sending it. I've noted some suspicious entries in the log. The field 3 (Client IP) in the log states that it is a NATed addres of my domain (our Exchange server is outside our firewall). SO it means the connection come from inside. But the field 4 (Client hostname) contains fully qualified DNS names that are from other domains not related ...

Pop up message claiming computer is infected
Neighbour has picked up one of those virus/worms or malwares than informs him that his computer is infected with all sorts of viruses and for a fee he can download a program to remove these infections. For protection he has been running nothing but the default WindowsXP security and firewall. To top it off, his "good friend" who set up the computer used a pirated copy of WindowsXP so cannot get updates etc. My opinion is...........wipe computer and install a legal copy of the OS. He would like to just get remove the worm or whatever is giving the pop up "infecti...

Infected with "Privacy Center"
Computer Club member's Dell laptop. The computer starts up with the Privacy Center stating there are 140 infections and all sorts of other problems. One can't open the start menu (no Task bar), can't open Windows Explorer, and so on. When starting in safe mode, I can shut Privacy Center down using the Task Manager after the third attempt. The first two times, it says that it can't shut it down... Still can't open Windows Explorer or see the task bar. I haven't the foggiest notion as to where to go now. Any suggestions appreciated. Seems you have ...

Infected with Dsq.exe
Hello, http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/IE8Malware/ Date of infection: 2 may 2010 It entered my Windows XP X64 Pro Edition SP2 operating system unnoticed. Last windows update was on 21 march 2010 I think... Only thing noticed was misbehaving IE8 for some website ?!?. I shut it down after a few seconds... but apperently to late. (No firewalls, no virus scanners, no spyware scanners running). So far the virus/spyware/malware doesn't seem to have done too much damage ? It only seems to load ads in internet explorer ?!? It showed up in tasklist... I terminate...

excel infected?
(Excel 2002, SP3; winXP, SP2) This problem just started. When I open a particular .xls, my firewall reports that Excel is trying to access the internet. This doesn't happen with other Excel files. The IP address that it tries to access belong to Savvis and Level Three Communications. The spreadsheet doesn't have any (intentional) links of this sort. From this, I have to wonder if this particular file has gotten infected. Is this even possible? The history of this xls file includes contact with someone else's PC. If a spreadsheet can be infected, is there a way to clean i...

Outlook Folders Entitled "Infected"
I had two empty folders in Outlook that I didn't put there. One is called "\Infected" and the other is called "Infected". My IT group has no idea how they got there. I have deleted them but I'd like to know if anyone knows what these folders mean. ...

Trend Micro Scanmail
Some of my users are getting a ton of messages everyday due to email worms - I have configured ScanMail to delete infected attachments, but I would rather have it delete the entire message, so my users don't get their inbox flooded with empty messages. Is there any way to do that? I can't find anything in the ScanMail configuration, other than deleting the offending attachment. TIA, Jason LaPier Research Services University of Oregon i'm having the same problem with Symantec NAV for exchange 5.5, our users spending a lot of time to delete those quarantined msgs daily!! "J...

Virus infected e-mails from posting in this forum
Off topic but FYI. I put one post in this forum last week with an e-mail address of: microsoft.public.excel.misc@jeffx.net ....so I could trace any e-mail I might receive as a result of posting to this forum. I have already received 2 infected e-mails to this e-mail address. One of the e-mails claimed to be from Microsoft and included Microsoft logos and links in the e-mail along with the infected attachment. I'd be glad to pass along the cleaned e-mails and message headers to anyone interested. Just e-mail me at the above address. Thx. ...

Virusinfected? Outlook seems to send out mails with attachment
My landlady's Outlook receives up to 20 mailer-daemon messages saying that an email sent from her computer bounced because the address was wrong. The interesting thing is she never sent these emails. The emails have an attachment of about 100 kB, so this gets to be quite a problem. We tried to change the account but lo and behold the problem remains. Is Outlook infected, or the underlying files (like winsock or what it is called)? Does anyone know what this is? H�kon >My landlady's Outlook receives up to 20 mailer-daemon messages saying >that an email sent from her computer b...

Edb.log infected with Trojan.sefex virus
Hi, My exchange 5.5 sp4 was infected with trojan.sefex virus on the edb.log. Our norton antivirus detected and quarantined the file after failed to repair the file. Now the Information store and Internet mail service could not start.Can I delete the edb.log file from the quarantine? I'm currently doing a full scan on my server. Thankyou "Now the Information store and Internet mail service could not start." IMC won't start if Store is down. Store won't start without that log. You will likely need to restore if you can't get back a good copy of it. -- Hope ...

Somebody is Infected
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. Thanks al. I too was getting 200+ emails a day thanks to stupidly using my real email address (so users could email me). Now my ISP email;s me daily saying my accou...

MyDoom Infected EDB.LOG
Norton Corp Edition quarantined edb.log. File was cleaned, but now receive service specific error 4294965485, I cannot find documentation or solution for this error. Hi Allen, The error code 4294965485 translates to File Not Found. Not sure which file it is looking for. Possibly the edb.log. Fixing this is not that easy. First thing to do is going into Norton and exclude all of the Exchange Server folders so that this doesn't happen again. You really need to be running an Exchange Aware Anti-Virus solution. If you can get the edb.log back out of quarantine, you may be able to put it ...

Getting rid of Infected items folder
I access Outlook remotely on my laptop, which has a smaller screen, and as I have lots of folders and email accounts, I want to get rid of ones I do not need. I have been using Outlook 2007 for nearly two years now, and I have never had anything in Infected Items. I want to get rid of the Infected Items folders from the accounts. How can I do this safely, making whatever would have gone in their divert to Junk E-Mail instead? I have Hotmail and IMAP accounts that have it. How come there isn't one for POP3? Cheers ss. I suspect 'Infected Items' folder is one created...

somebody is infected #2
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. ...

Deleting infected emails
I have Norton AV 2002 set up to delete infected emails ariving in Outlook. Normally it delets them just fine but for some reason every now and then it pops up a message to say that it can't delete an email message and that "this email it's still infected". I can delete the message manually so what stops Norton doing the same? ...

infected Exchange 5.5
I'm running Exchange 5.5, with McAfee Netshield and I beleive the server is infected. When I run the McAfee Stinger.exe program, it constantly finds MyDoom in the Exchange Server\imcdata directory. Are these files getting created there from: 1.) an outside source sending an infected e-mail 2.) the server itself is infected 3.) an infected client is the cause ? thanx Jeff I guess that would depend on whether it's the imcdata\in directory, or the imcdata\out directory. I doubt that it's the server itself that's infected though, since you aren't running Outlook on the E...

inbox.dbx infected with netsky !!! HELP!!!
I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just suddenly went missing for no reason I suspected that it is corrupted I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to recover the inbox.dbx file I successfully recovered most of the mails But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the repaired inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus corporate edition complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is infected with the NETSKY virus .... and deletes the inbox.dbx file because it...

Help!! still sending infected emails
I was infected with the zafi.b virus. I have run McAfee but each time I hit send/receive, I send more infected emails, none of which are in my send box. Help!!! G'Day Megan, I don't know about this specific virus, BUT: In general these virus's have their own email engine - they do NOT use Outlook (or OE). If infected emails are being sent, then your PC is Still Infected - You Need to 'disinfect' your PC. Until McAfee reports AND cleans the virus, you're not going to get far. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ Megan wro...

Exchange 2000 Server infected with viruses
I have an Exchange 2000 Server with Norton Symantec Corporate edition version 8.0 and my server has become infected with Viruses. I have run Nortons tools several times and the server still reports viruses. I am afraid that if I do not clear up the viruses my ability to send outside my organization will be compromised because of Spam filters. Can anyone lend a helping thought on how to clean the server without affecting the Exchange store. Hi, Stop the SMTP service on the server, perform a full backup of the information store(s) and then try to use some of the online AV programs such ...

Can't delete infected email
I just received an email via my MSN account in Windows Live Mail. My AVG email scanner alerts me to a virus every time I try to move, delete, open or even look funny at the message. I want to get rid of it, but when I try I get a message saying an unknown error has occurred. Can someone help me find a way to delete the message? -- Greg in L.A. ...

message is infected with Virus.MSWord.Marker.kl virus
Our files are stored on a windows server and a few weeks ago it crashed and burned. Since they restored it we have had problems with the files. The latest problem is I sent a word file to somebody and it bounced back with the following message: Received: 554 Sorry, message is infected with Virus.MSWord.Marker.kl virus. I looked for info on the virus but it shows cures for windows but not for Macs. For the last few days whenever I open a word document it now asks whether I want to disable the macros. Never had to do this before. How can I tell if I am infected and how do I get rid of it?...

Can't delete infected (unopened) inbox message
I get dozens of mydoom type messages per day that I simply delete (and then remove from the deleted items folder). I now find that there are a few such messages that I cannot delete..when I put the curser on them, Outlook just freezes up. Any ideas how to get rid of these Disable the Preview Pane and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbo...