Outlook Email #12

I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me.  I am
trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast.
It initially worked.  Now my emails no longer come to
Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail.  As far as I can
tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook.
Any ideas why this is not working?

Ann

0
anonymous (74721)

Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by
Comcast on their website?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ann asked:

| I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me.  I am
| trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast.
| It initially worked.  Now my emails no longer come to
| Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail.  As far as I can
| tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook.
| Any ideas why this is not working?
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/4/2004 4:16:28 PM
Everything is configured correctly as far as I can see.

Ann

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Ann asked:

>| I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me.  I am
>| trying to use Outlook as my email server through=20
Comcast.
>| It initially worked.  Now my emails no longer come to
>| Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail.  As far as I=20
can
>| tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook.
>| Any ideas why this is not working?
>|
>| Ann=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/5/2004 2:48:01 AM
And when you test your account settings, does it all work or is there an
error message?

--�

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Everything is configured correctly as far as I can see.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/5/2004 3:50:35 AM
When I test the account settings it tells me everything is=20
fine.

Ann

sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer, Ann asked:
Comcast.
I can
Outlook.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/5/2004 6:46:24 PM
Okay - the crystal ball method is not working.  What error message do you
get?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| When I test the account settings it tells me everything is
| fine.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/5/2004 7:03:03 PM
I don't get an error message.  I currently use Comcast and=20
have Microsoft Outlook as my mail server.  When I open=20
Outlook, all my emails should automatically open in=20
Outlook.  They don't.  They stay at Comcast's Webmail. =20
Last week Outlook worked fine.  I have checked and=20
rechecked all the account settings in Outlook and as far=20
as I can tell, everything is set correctly.  Comcast does=20
not offer support for Outlook and I am totally stumped.

Ann

error message do you=20
>get?
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
>
>| When I test the account settings it tells me everything=20
is
>| fine.
>|
>| Ann
work or is
>|| there an error message?
>|| --=81
>|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer,
>|| anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
see.
settings as laid out
mail sent to my
answer, Ann asked:
Comcast.
as I can
Outlook.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/6/2004 12:25:53 AM
1.  Comcast runs your mail server.  Outlook is the client.
2.  You will need to set a defined send/receive interval for Outlook to
automatically collect mail on startup.  Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive
Settings.  Set your polling time from there.  It will force collection when
you open.
3.  Set your mail to send automatically when collected. It is in the same
dialog as above.

Did you ever test your settings when you stopped getting mail?  What error
message did you get there?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| I don't get an error message.  I currently use Comcast and
| have Microsoft Outlook as my mail server.  When I open
| Outlook, all my emails should automatically open in
| Outlook.  They don't.  They stay at Comcast's Webmail.
| Last week Outlook worked fine.  I have checked and
| rechecked all the account settings in Outlook and as far
| as I can tell, everything is set correctly.  Comcast does
| not offer support for Outlook and I am totally stumped.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/6/2004 2:08:37 AM
I had never been to Tools->Send/Receive Settings on=20
Outlook before.  Again, all the settings look=20
correct.  "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" is=20
checked for both online and offline.  That appears to be=20
the automatic setting.  Because I had never seen a=20
reference to F9 before, I tried hitting the F9 key and all=20
the emails came into Outlook.  But they still won't do it=20
automatically when I open Outlook.  The F9 key gives me=20
the ability to get the emails, but I still think it should=20
be automatic. (So I feel like I'm making some progress=20
with your help!)

As to your question about testing the settings.  Yes, I=20
have and they always test fine.  I have never gotten an=20
error message.

Ann

force collection when=20
>you open.
>3.  Set your mail to send automatically when collected.=20
It is in the same=20
>dialog as above.
>
>Did you ever test your settings when you stopped getting=20
mail?  What error=20
>message did you get there?
>

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
>
>| I don't get an error message.  I currently use Comcast=20
and
>| have Microsoft Outlook as my mail server.  When I open
>| Outlook, all my emails should automatically open in
>| Outlook.  They don't.  They stay at Comcast's Webmail.
>| Last week Outlook worked fine.  I have checked and
>| rechecked all the account settings in Outlook and as far
>| as I can tell, everything is set correctly.  Comcast=20
does
>| not offer support for Outlook and I am totally stumped.
>|
>| Ann

everything is
discussion intact.  Due
answer, Ann
I am
Comcast.
come to
Outlook.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/6/2004 2:42:39 PM
If you define a send/receive INTERVAL, you will get an automatic polling
when you open Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| I had never been to Tools->Send/Receive Settings on
| Outlook before.  Again, all the settings look
| correct.  "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" is
| checked for both online and offline.  That appears to be
| the automatic setting.  Because I had never seen a
| reference to F9 before, I tried hitting the F9 key and all
| the emails came into Outlook.  But they still won't do it
| automatically when I open Outlook.  The F9 key gives me
| the ability to get the emails, but I still think it should
| be automatic. (So I feel like I'm making some progress
| with your help!)
|

| As to your question about testing the settings.  Yes, I
| have and they always test fine.  I have never gotten an
| error message.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/6/2004 11:26:51 PM
Can you tell me specifically where to set an interval? =20
Nowhere in the send/receive settings do I see the word=20
interval.

Ann
automatic polling=20
>when you open Outlook.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
>
>| I had never been to Tools->Send/Receive Settings on
>| Outlook before.  Again, all the settings look
>| correct.  "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" is
>| checked for both online and offline.  That appears to be
>| the automatic setting.  Because I had never seen a
>| reference to F9 before, I tried hitting the F9 key and=20
all
>| the emails came into Outlook.  But they still won't do=20
it
>| automatically when I open Outlook.  The F9 key gives me
>| the ability to get the emails, but I still think it=20
should
>| be automatic. (So I feel like I'm making some progress
>| with your help!)
>|

>| As to your question about testing the settings.  Yes, I
>| have and they always test fine.  I have never gotten an
>| error message.
>|
>| Ann

client.
>|| 2.  You will need to set a defined send/receive=20
interval for Outlook
>|| to automatically collect mail on startup.  Tools-
>|| Send/Receive->Send/Receive
>|| Settings.  Set your polling time from there.  It will=20
force
>|| collection when you open.
>|| 3.  Set your mail to send automatically when=20
collected. It is in the
>|| same dialog as above.
>|| Did you ever test your settings when you stopped=20
getting mail?  What
>|| error message did you get there?
>|| --=81
>|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer,
>|| anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
Comcast and
stumped.
all work or is
discussion intact.  Due
answer,
can see.
virus, all mail
without reading.
>| I am
through Comcast.
come to
far as I can
Outlook.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/7/2004 3:17:58 AM
Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Can you tell me specifically where to set an interval?
| Nowhere in the send/receive settings do I see the word
| interval.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/7/2004 5:45:18 AM
Maybe we are looking at different versions of Microsoft=20
Outlook.  I have Outlook 2002.  I went to Define=20
Send/Receive Groups, but there is nothing there about=20
intervals.  I get to mark a box for Online and Offline. =20
My choices for when Outlook is online are 1.Include this=20
group in send/receive (F9) 2. Schedule an automatic=20
send/receive every ____ minutes. 3. Perform an automatic=20
send/receive when exiting.  My choices for when Outlook is=20
offline are 1. Include this group in send/receive (F9). =20
2. Schedule and automatic send/receive every ____minutes. =20
For both online and offline I have chosen #1.

When I open Outlook no new emails appear.  When I hit the=20
F9 key, they appear.  I have found that sometimes after I=20
hit the F9 key and the new emails appear I do get an error=20
message.  Here it is:=20

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error=20
(0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a=20
response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue=20
to receive this message, contact your server administrator=20
or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I don't understand the error because I get all the new=20
emails.

I still think the new emails should appear when I open=20
Outlook.

Ann
Send/Receive Groups.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
>
>| Can you tell me specifically where to set an interval?
>| Nowhere in the send/receive settings do I see the word
>| interval.
>|
>| Ann
and all
do it
should
Tools-
will force
collected. It is in
getting mail?
mail sent to my
answer,
Comcast and
open
Webmail.
as far
Comcast does
stumped.
What error
discussion intact.  Due
answer,
everything is
me. I am
through Comcast.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/7/2004 6:40:40 PM
Okay, I know that you know this, but what does "2. Schedule an automatic
send/receive every ____ minutes" mean to you?  To me, it means you can set
an INTERVAL for Outlook to send/receive - as in every 10 minutes.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Maybe we are looking at different versions of Microsoft
| Outlook.  I have Outlook 2002.  I went to Define
| Send/Receive Groups, but there is nothing there about
| intervals.  I get to mark a box for Online and Offline.
| My choices for when Outlook is online are 1.Include this
| group in send/receive (F9) 2. Schedule an automatic
| send/receive every ____ minutes. 3. Perform an automatic
| send/receive when exiting.  My choices for when Outlook is
| offline are 1. Include this group in send/receive (F9).
| 2. Schedule and automatic send/receive every ____minutes.
| For both online and offline I have chosen #1.
|
| When I open Outlook no new emails appear.  When I hit the
| F9 key, they appear.  I have found that sometimes after I
| hit the F9 key and the new emails appear I do get an error
| message.  Here it is:
|
| Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error
| (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a
| response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue
| to receive this message, contact your server administrator
| or Internet service provider (ISP).'
|
| I don't understand the error because I get all the new
| emails.
|
| I still think the new emails should appear when I open
| Outlook.
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/8/2004 1:29:47 AM
I think I'm looking for a different outcome.  If I use #2=20
and set a specific number of minutes, will emails open=20
automatically when I go to Outlook?  That's what it used=20
to do.  I opened Outlook and the emails showed up right=20
away.  I don't want to wait for them.  Is there a setting=20
for that?

Ann

Schedule an automatic=20

____minutes.
>| For both online and offline I have chosen #1.
>|
>| When I open Outlook no new emails appear.  When I hit=20
the
>| F9 key, they appear.  I have found that sometimes after=20
>| hit the F9 key and the new emails appear I do get an=20
error
>| message.  Here it is:
>|
>| Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error
>| (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a
>| response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue
>| to receive this message, contact your server=20
administrator
>| or Internet service provider (ISP).'
>|
>| I don't understand the error because I get all the new
>| emails.
>|
>| I still think the new emails should appear when I open
>| Outlook.
>|
>| Ann
gives me
progress
Yes, I
gotten an
I can see.
finding no answer,
through Comcast.
longer come to
As far as I can
correctly in Outlook.
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/8/2004 2:08:20 AM
YES!!!!!

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| I think I'm looking for a different outcome.  If I use #2
| and set a specific number of minutes, will emails open
| automatically when I go to Outlook?  That's what it used
| to do.  I opened Outlook and the emails showed up right
| away.  I don't want to wait for them.  Is there a setting
| for that?
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/8/2004 6:35:13 AM
Please, just set a number of minutes and put me out of my misery!

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| I think I'm looking for a different outcome.  If I use #2
| and set a specific number of minutes, will emails open
| automatically when I go to Outlook?  That's what it used
| to do.  I opened Outlook and the emails showed up right
| away.  I don't want to wait for them.  Is there a setting
| for that?
|
| Ann

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/8/2004 6:35:54 AM
Thanks!

setting
>| for that?
>|
>| Ann

you?  To me, it
>|| means you can set an INTERVAL for Outlook to=20
send/receive - as in
>|| every 10 minutes.
>|| --=81
>|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer,
>|| anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
Microsoft
Offline.
this
automatic
Outlook is
(F9).
____minutes.
after I
continue
administrator
interval?
word
(F9)" is
appears to be
key and all
won't do it
gives me
progress
Yes, I
gotten an
the client.
startup. Tools-
collected. It is
discussion intact.
virus, all mail
without reading.
Comcast and
I open
open in
Webmail.
and as far
Comcast does
does it all work
discussion
finding no answer,
as I can see.
name here) virus,
finding no answer,
for me. I am
emails no longer
Webmail. As
configured
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Automatically forwarding emails
Hi I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule. I have done the following; 1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory Users and Computers', 2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab. 3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created ...

email #11
I have a user that wants to get email from inside our main office using Exchange and Outlook 2000. We do not want her to have to RAS in or VPN in. We have SBS 4.5 i.e. Exchange 5.5. Can we setup Exchange to forward her internal mail to an outside mailbox on an ISP. How do we do that most efficently. We are setup with a DSL line and firewall/router that sends all SMTP mail via an MX record at our ISP to our Exchange server. The outside user has a ??????@ntelos.net address and can send and receive mail mail from her ISP mailbox without any problems using her current Outlook settin...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...