Outlook dropped "Tools" from the menu - how do I get it back?

Ok, I fired up my Outlook the other day, and it somehow got some
settings screwed up. As opposed to downloading messages, I have to
click to download each message in order to read it. What's also strange

is that in the standard text menu bar, the "Tools" menu has vanished,
and there's no way to get it back.

Is there a way to get my toolbars back or repair outlook easily?

0
pfriedl (3)

did you reset the toolbars? check the send and receive settings
(Ctrl+Alt+S) - it sounds like it was changed to download only headers.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Nebulus" <pfriedl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I fired up my Outlook the other day, and it somehow got some
> settings screwed up. As opposed to downloading messages, I have to
> click to download each message in order to read it. What's also strange
>
> is that in the standard text menu bar, the "Tools" menu has vanished,
> and there's no way to get it back.
>
> Is there a way to get my toolbars back or repair outlook easily?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/29/2006 10:02:10 PM
I did reset the toolbars, but since I can't pull up outlook options
from the tools menu, I'm not able to change the download headers only
option. Is there a registry entry for th etoolbars, or anything like
that?

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> did you reset the toolbars? check the send and receive settings
> (Ctrl+Alt+S) - it sounds like it was changed to download only headers.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Nebulus" <pfriedl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, I fired up my Outlook the other day, and it somehow got some
> > settings screwed up. As opposed to downloading messages, I have to
> > click to download each message in order to read it. What's also strange
> >
> > is that in the standard text menu bar, the "Tools" menu has vanished,
> > and there's no way to get it back.
> >
> > Is there a way to get my toolbars back or repair outlook easily?

0
pfriedl (3)

Tools options missing
I have a user that some how lost the tools option in the toolbar. Does anyone know how to get it back. Thanks for any help. See "Restore any Toolbar" http://www.officearticles.com/misc/menu_and_toolbar_tips_for_all_microsoft_office_applications.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Peter Sturm" <PeterSturm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1329B4-E0D6-4369-9F6F-37CD0E0C068E@microsoft.com... > I have a user that some how lost the tools option in the toolbar. Does > anyone know how to get it ba...

Administrative tools
I managed to permanently remove my administrative tools. Can anybody tell me how to get it back. Administrative tools for W2K3 or W2K8 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Matthew" <no@example.com> wrote in message news:%23ufz0a6xKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I managed to permanently remove my administrative tools. Can anybody tell me how >to get it back. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738274(WS.10).aspx http://www.microsoft.com/do...

The Connections Tab is missing under the menu item Tools/Internet
RE: Microsoft Internet Explorer The Connections Tab is missing under the menu item Tools/Internet Options.../ anyone know why or how I can access connections in explorer. Chances are that your administrator has disabled the possibility to view this tab. BTW: Pls note that this forum is for questions related to the mail client Outlook and not for questions related to IE. Sandor Teglasy "zipzap" <zipzap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BB833F-EA5F-46D9-A1DA-CF54E76B1CFD@microsoft.com... > RE: Microsoft Internet Explorer > The Connections Tab is missin...

remove unnecessary tools
Dear All, Can somebody tell me how I can remove tools in windows you never (or almost never) use? I need more space on my hard disk. thanks in advance -- best regards, Theo Grimmelikhuijsen On 07 Aug 2010, "Theo Grimmelikhuijsen" <tggrimm@planet.nl> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > Can somebody tell me how I can remove tools in windows you never > (or almost never) use? > I need more space on my hard disk. What kind of "tools" are you talking about? It could be different for each one. If you're talking ab...

Planning tools for CRM
Hi, I'm looking for a Planning tools folder for MS CRM which contains files like: Project Plan .xls etc. I found information about it in the Implementation Guide but where is this folder/files ? Regards pflis Hi, Are you looking for following; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=269d900e-8442-4086-92a9-7fc851bc5985&displaylang=en -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "pflis" wrote: > Hi, > I'm looking for a P...

Excel Tools that make sense, FREE ADD-IN
Many posts on this site relate back to cell/text manipulation. Some of the most basic tasks but yet Excel doesn't completely offer ways around these simple issues. I'm created a completely FREE set of macros that can utilize excel the way it was meant to be used. Features include: * Data Compares * Counts * Text Modification * Row/Column Modification * HTML Execution * Undo Options Find it here Free www.nowexceladdin.com ...

Exch 2003 - System Manager - Tools
Hi, In Exchange 2003 System Manager, when I click on Status under Tools - Monitoring and Status, it hangs for a long time until I have to crtl+alt+del to close System Manager. No other part of clicking through the System Manager experiences this. Any ideas? Cheers Staro ...

Any tools to check any web site is secured or not?
There are two general indications of a secured web page, but I found none for www.i-access.com, but customer service representative mention they used other tools for security, so you would not see following two general indications and tell me feel safe to trade online. They get no proofs on any security for online trading, can you trust them? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check whether this web site would encrypt transition data or not? Thanks for any suggestions John 1) Check the web page URL Normally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin...

Installation of SQLXML 3.0 and SQL Server client tools
I wrote a C# client application using C# and updategrams. When I tried to load SQLXML 3.0 I was prompted that it could not be installed without Sql Server Client Tools. Does this mean that I have to assure that MSDN is installed on the client machine? Hi Mike, To use SQLXML, you need to assure SQL Server 2000 client to be installed. It also require MSXML version 4.0 on the client computer. Hope this answer your question. Luke Microsoft Online Support Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.) I ...

Publisher tools
Is there a yellow Highlighter option in Publisher? And if so, where? That could be done by adding an autoshape with no border and tweaking the transparency to suit your needs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDFDCCDB-0268-4347-9FA1-3418997A21C0@microsoft.com... > Is there a yellow Highlighter option in Publisher? And if so, where? or it may be better going behind the text -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano ...

Russian proofing tools error for English document
I uploaded a document I had edited in Google documents (created in Word 2003). When I tried to restart the spelling/grammar checker I received an error of "Russian proofing tools not installed". I have only used Word for English, so I can only assume the Google docs aspect is involved but haven't checked other documents. I think I resolved the problem by saving in another format, but is there a faster or better solution if the problem reappears? Open the document, SelectAll (Ctrl+A) and then use Tools, Language, Set Language and change the selection to your locale...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Security on TOOLS-Options
Hi, I want to know if it's possible to remove access to role to go into TOOLS --> Options... (in general menu bar) Sylvie Hi Sylvie, No, it is not possible to remove access to that menu item. Regards, Alex "sylvie.mondoux@proximi-t.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0001c47b03$93243b00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to know if it's possible to remove access to role > to go into TOOLS --> Options... (in general menu bar) > > Sylvie ...

HR Preferences should not be on Tools\Setup\System menu.
HR Preferences should be on Tools\Setup\Human Resources menu, not Tools\Setup System. HR preferences have nothing to do with system setup activities. Thanks... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

[INFO] New set of tools for Exchange server
Hello all! Microsoft has released a new set of tools for Exchange server: - ExPTA - Performance troubleshooting analyzer - ExPFDAVAadmin - Public folders management tool - ExDRA - Disaster recovery analyzer - ExBPA - New version of Best practices analyzer All tools are available at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/analyzers, as well as at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/tools.mspx. Enjoy ;) KFL -- _________________________________ Karel E. Florian Regional Program Manager for Exchange Microsoft Czech & Slovak ...

Any Pareto tools in MS excel?
Hi all, I wanna make a Pareto Analysis in Excel 2003. I could not find the existing tool. Is there any other method or third party tools? Certainly, free tools are better choices. -- Best Regards, Zuohong Yu Mailto Zuohong_yu@MSN.com Hi Zuohong, If you do a search in Google's newsgroup archive, you'll find 189. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search search in newsgroups *excel* -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zuohong Yu" <unruedepicardie@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:OYKHnQJmEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

how do I make "Add-in" in Excel tools menu active? Its grey now
I want to use the Add-ins menu to add Analysis Toolpak. Anyidea how to make my greyed out Add-in in Tools active? Thanks I get this when I have Excel open, but do not have a workbook open. Make sure you have one open, or at lease a "new" one open. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ant" wrote: > I want to use the Add-ins menu to add Analysis Toolpak. Anyidea how to make > my greyed out Add-in in Tools active? > > Thanks ...

ADC Tools
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all After running the ADC install from the Exchange 2003 CD, I've run the = ADC Tools and been through step 1 to 3, but step 4 "Run the Connection = Agreement Wizard" button is greyed out Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus ------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYP...

professional services tools for gp v. 6.0
Looking for a copy of professional services tools for gp 6.0. I need to rebuild a couple of tables that failed during an upgrade. Thanks in advance ...

Property or facilities management tools
Looking for a facilities maintenace schedule template. Has anyone developed some good property management tools? Maintenance tasks lists, HVAC and other large equipment maintenance log sheets, inventory of property with replacement costs. I would really like to see someone else's hard work before I re-invent the wheel. I don't have time to do that! ...

How access "address an envelope" through Tools ?
Attempting to use Office Word 2003 to address sigle envelopes. Instructions state use Tools to locate "Address an Envelope" however cannot access this format. What am I doing wrong? All suggestions would be appreciated. So confused that you have posted to an Excel newsgroup - try posting to one of the Word groups (there are many of them). Hope this helps. Pete Very confused wrote: > Attempting to use Office Word 2003 to address sigle envelopes. > > Instructions state use Tools to locate "Address an Envelope" however cannot > access this format. > >...

Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Redeployment Tools
On this group I see many users saying they have built a demo crm system perhaps in a test domain and now want to move it to their production domain. Typically this has been impossible or at least very hard as all the CRM records are tied into your active directory therefore moving the database to a new active directory is difficult to say the least. However now a tool from Microsoft is available which will do exactly that. Keep in mind that you are advised to follow the tool exactly and do not try to take shortcuts but good results have been reported with it. I have not used it personally as ...

always save back up, save as, tools, properties
Excel 2003. I was wondering if there was a way to have the feature "always save back up" in File >Save As > Tools > General Options > save the file to a different folder/directory than the orginal document? Thanks. Kenlyn No. You can however, use before_save event code to save the file to another folder and the original folder. Note: will overwrite the E:\GordStuff\Backup\ file without asking. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Filename:="E:\GordStuff\Ba...

Domain Rename Tools & Exchange
couple weeks back MS released a "Domain Rename Fixup" tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=24B47D4A-C4B9-4031-B491- 29839148A28C&displaylang=en This tool apparently handles mopup for the ungodly havok caused by the domain rename tool (when used in conjunction with exchange in an AD domain): http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/domain rename.mspx . what really gets me is that MS explicitly states that the renaming tool is "not suppored" ( err, sp? ) in an AD domain with any version of exchange -- and there's fairly ...

Irwin Industrial Tools 2078318 8-Inch End Cutting Pliers
Price:$20.59 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000BDDG7A Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000BDDG7A End-Cutting Pliers Type: Diagonal Style: Diagonal Pliers w/Grip Tip Overall Length: 8 SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Irwin 2078308 Vise Grip 8-Inch Diagonal Cutting Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0OW1S Irwin 2078218 Vise Grip 8-Inch Long Nose Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0S4Y4 Irwin 2078208 Vise Grip 8-Inch North American Linesman Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0UJVK Irwin 20...