Outlook does not display all contact info...

I have MS Outlook 2002 on XP - and for some reason, not all of the
information I have entered for a particular contact is automatically
displayed - I have to actually open up the contact and get the info. Seems
odd... and I have searched through the options, etc... but I haven't had any
luck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Lee

0
wrtfilms (2)

What view setting are you using on the contacts folder (View | Current
View)?  You may want to experiment with all the default views to see if any
of them suit your needs, and if not, you can always create a custom view.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:MlRjc.68672$WA4.51958@twister.nyc.rr.com,
wrtfilms wrote:

> I have MS Outlook 2002 on XP - and for some reason, not all of the
> information I have entered for a particular contact is automatically
> displayed - I have to actually open up the contact and get the info.
> Seems odd... and I have searched through the options, etc... but I
> haven't had any luck.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> -Lee

after crash form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Outlook and Loutus Notes
We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can I do this and if so how? Thanks for any help Steve Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this > to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can you be more explicit in what you mean by this? It sounds like you're saying you want Notes to automatically install Outlook updates. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-19...

outlook 2000 meeting request to outlook 2003
Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other than to upgrade? Thanks Sorry, I forgot to add that I want the persons using Outlook 2003 to be able to add the meeting requests from Outlook 2000. "How" <how_kong@shaw...

outlook xp AND outlook 2003
I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in the Add/Remove programs list. There is no such thing as Outlook XP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked: | I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in | the Add/Remove programs list. OK...how about OUTLOOK that comes as part of OFFICE XP...aka OFFICE 2002? Without any furious head scrat...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Outlook #182
when I creates a Calendar entry it also creates a task. My task entries are up to 20. How can I resolve this issue? ...

Outlook to Outlook Express
Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they compatable? >-----Original Message----- >Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into >Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they >compatable? >. >Try the import wizard. Click File, then Import, then Import Mail & Addresses ...

Outlook send format
When replying on a E-mail the format of the e-mail changes. In stead of answering the E-mail in RTF the mail is answered in normal text. Is there a setting where it is posible to mark that the mails should be foced to send the mail in RTF? It functions when creating a new mail, it is only when replying on a mail. When replying or forwarding, Outlook will always try to use the format that the original message was in. For example, if the original message is in Plain Text, Outlook will try to reply in Plain Text. You can force Outlook to always send to a certain contact in Rich Text mo...

Integration with Outlook
We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Since the product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts in Outlook automatically added to CRM? If not, is there a way I can select contacts to be added? In CRM v3.0, you can promote Outlook contacts to CRM. Unfortunately, you cannot do multiple contacts at one time, and must do them individually. This is a suggestion we are considering for a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Larry S." <LarryS@discu...

Outlook 2007 Beta -- IE Script Error
Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the following information: Line: 298 char: 1 Error: Library not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Pop saying operation failed because of a registry or installantion problem. answering yes or no provides the same out come I'm getting this same type of problem when I attempt to change "Outlook Today". "coqui" wrote: > Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the > following information: &...

how to resetC:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.
This message always apears after I try to start Outlook 2007 . Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. It worked now the bugger has gone on holiday. Please help I can' access any of my stored e-mails ...

outlook 2003 #212
After working with outlook2003 (upgrade to office 2003 from xp), trying to close it, the main window closed but in the task manager outlook.exe is still working. Can not open outlook again unless end task first. ...

Emails not being received by new contacts
Every time I send an email from outlook 2007 to a new email address that I have neither received an email from or sent an email to them before always gets sent to their junk email folder. It took me a while to narrow down that this was where they are going, but how do I fix this issue?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "tim" <tbecker[at]vt[dot]edu> wrote in message news:%23e2rPIAsKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Every time I send an email from outlook 2007 to a new email address that I > have neither received an email from or sent an email to the...

Outlook Express #242
In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via Outlook Express. milton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent > email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via > Outlook Express. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

dial phone from outlook
Hello, I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas? Not sure what else you expected, but that's the expected behavior. It has nothing to do with Outlook. Outlook just invokes the Windows dialer. All the Windows dialer does is dial phone numbers. It knows nothing about voice modems. Apparently you are looking for a product that supports voice modems. If yo...

ESM and outlook
Can this reallt be true? --------------- Microsoft says emphatically over and over that you cannot install Outlook and any part of Exchange, even just ESM, on the same machine, without "breaking Outlook or Exchange". --------------- I want to be able to use Exchange System Manager on a machine which have outlook installed. I mean then goes the whole idea of administering almost everything from you client machine. Regards Michael I have Outlook 2003 plus exchange 2000 system manager working on windows 2000 pro SP4 with no problems. Simon "Michael" <michael@evande...

clean uninstall for Outlook
I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup Outlook all over again? >-----Original Message----- >I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website >to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all >of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and >settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup >Outlook all over again? >. > Go into the ...

Outlook 2007
It seems that a mail thread where leaving the original (and corresponding replies) embedded in the message eventually gets delivered back to my Outlook 2007 pop3 account truncated. A majority of the original message and earlier replies seems to get removed after the third iteration. I have scrubbed my settings and have tested this to one webmail based account and can't determine where this is occurring. I have read on different (non ms) forums that this has been an Outlook problem for years. I am looking for official word from Microsoft pertaining to this "feature.&q...

Outlook & Outlook Express #3
My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, I get an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this page." Line: 2021 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified error Code: 0 URL: res://ieframe.dll/previes.dlg ================================== Can anyone help me with this problem? > My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, > I get > an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this > page." > Line: 2021 > Char: 1 > Error: Unspecified error > Code: 0 > URL: re...

Outlook email
I am trying tohelp a friend. He has XP and is using Outlook for email He has muliple accounts set up He is able to send out email on acounts 1 ,2, 3, 4, not 5 All mail setting are set to the correct POP and SMTP settings. He is able to telnet to the SMTP server for that account. I have addded a new profile - that one can't send out email I have removed the Office and reinstalled - still nothing Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Vasia ...

Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007
I am try to create a policy using administrative temples. The software is Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. I retain emails that have been removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days. I want to prevent users from purging those emails. In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to create a custom disable group policy. For some reason, nobody seems to know the control ID. Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003 does not seem to work. Does anyone know the control ID? Is it in the list? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...

Copying Business Contact Manager data files
Copied the Business Contact Manager mdf and ldf files from my desktop to my laptop - a process I do with Outlook pst files when I travel and it works fine. However, with the BCM data files, the laptop seems connected to the BCM data files but all business accounts and contacts are empty. Am I missing something? ...

swapping from Outlook to Outlook Express
Hi, I used before Outlook as I worked in a LAN. Now, I have not access to the Exchange Server and therefor I use Outlook Explorer 6. I tried to configure Hotmail to the existing Outlook but I did not succeed. If I could I would use Outlook because it has more features e.g. synchronize tasks, calendar. I get the following Error when I start Outlook: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Oulook and set it as the defaul mail client". Question: is it possible to configure Outlook for use of Hotm...

Outlook Survey Feature
I understand that OUTLOOK has a feature that will allow me to send an electronic survey to my staff in the field. After they have responded, their votes can be tabulated. The survey is supposedly done via a "voting" feature. Does anyone know how that works? Thanks! See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/sendform.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0a01c39cad$ac4c4260$a601280a@...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...