outlook deletes inbox mail

On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted
itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other
applications have been open, without my prompting it to do
so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are
completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted
messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no
data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or
perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
C.C.
0
c453yb0t (1)

Outlook or Outlook Express?  If Outlook Express and you search your drive
(use advanced option for hidden files and folders) you'll likely find a lot
of inbox.dbx files. See tomsterdam.com for instructions on how to reconnect
or recover the messages in the folders.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"c. carlton" <c453yb0t@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted
> itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other
> applications have been open, without my prompting it to do
> so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are
> completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted
> messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no
> data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or
> perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> C.C.

0
dianenws (1904)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

If No is deleted in middle of sequence,Nos alter after deleted No
I have a group of numbers,I delete one number in the middle ,i want the numbers after that number to reduce by one so that numbers still run in order.How do I do this.Thanks in advance . Crusty If you are deleting a complete row then you could set up a formula referring to the cell above, (in A2 for example), =A1 Now when you delete the row the formulae will update in line -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "crusty53" <crusty53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B64...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

Delete non duplicated rows
A B date/time data I want to keep all the duplicates in B and delete the non duplicates. TIA -- cape ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cape's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6476 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385395 Check out the conditional formatting section. This section helps to find duplicates, but you could change the formula to =1 instead of >1 to get the non-duplicates. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/Formulas.htm#CONDFORM &qu...

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...