Outlook data file check

Hello,

I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2.

Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and
performance may be slow.  I also often get on computer startup a message
requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few
episodes of Outlook not responding.

Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both?
--
Thanks,
Bob

0
bbran1 (84)

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Won't Recognize Outlook XP .pst Fi
Sirs: I received an insightful answer to my previous post on receiving "cyclic redundancy" errors when opening Outlook XP .pst files with Outlook-2007 on Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. I've used chkdsk as suggested, and am no longer receiving this error. Instead, I am receiving a new error report of, "Windows does not recognize Tools.pst as a valid 32 bit application'. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Many thanks. How are you trying to open it? To reconnect a pst-file in Outlook use; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... Note that this is no...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Check Printing #6
I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance Did you use msmoney -s (which is different than salv.exe)? "Kris" <kris@team19motorsports.com> wrote in message news:1682801c4177c$bd1ceeb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" > I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't > seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance ...

outlook 2000 help file

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

graphing data
What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in that cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? -- mikaman Graph them in exactly the same way that would have done if the numbers had been typed into the cells. -- David Biddulph "mikaman" <mikaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6F240E-44F3-4636-8F2F-6DE39722D0EE@microsoft.com... > What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in > that > cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? > -- > mikaman ...

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Outlook 2003

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...