Outlook Business Contact Manager anniversaries showing up in "OutLook Today" #2

Hi,

I just imported about a 1000 customer records into a Business Contact
Manager database so I could start sending  emails to my clients (as well as
perform other tasks). I was appalled to see all the anniversary dates being
displayed in my Outlook Today page. Is there anyway to prevent BCE birthday
and anniversary dates from being displayed in Outlook Today? I only want my
normal contact info to appear here.

Thanks!
Emile

0
edc1191 (2)

Outlook Today
When I configure Outlook Today to display all my tasks, it only shows 50. Can this be configured to show more thatn 50? ...

Outlook Today #21
When I open Outlook Today and click on the "customoze outlook today" bar in the upper right portion of the screen nothing happens. How do I fix?? Hi Mickey, The problem you are experiencing with customizing the Outlook Today page is documented in the Knowledge Base article referenced below. Please refer to the KB article for steps on how to resolve this issue. 820575.KB.EN-US OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;820575 Regards, ...

Outlook 2000
I am unable to customize Outlook Today. I clicked on the "Customize Outlook Today" tab, however nothing is happening. Any idea what the problem is. Sam wrote: > I am unable to customize Outlook Today. I clicked on > the "Customize Outlook Today" tab, however nothing is > happening. Any idea what the problem is. if you had done a Google search, this link http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820575 would have been the THIRD from the top, of about *19,500* hits. ...

start outlook with outlook today
Hi All, I am using outlook 2003 with windows xp home sr3. I had to re-configure some of my settings in outlook. How would I get outlook to start in the outlook today mode? I can't remember how I did it. thanks for any help. -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz tools, options. other, advanced... very top option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Outlook 2002
I've been running Outlook 2002 on WinXP for over a year and customizing Outlook Today regularly all along with no problem. However, the last time I tried to change the folders in the message listing, after saving changes, I had multiple copies of the Outlook Today Folder listed and had lost all the individual folders I wanted. In addition, I no longer had the new messages indicator to the right of the folders. I reinstated the program defaults by doing a detect and repair on the help menu and now have the standard Outlook Today page with default message folders listed (including new mes...

Outlook Today
When in the "Outlook Today" window in Outlook 2000, when I click on "Customize Outlook Today..." button in upper right of screen, nothing happens. I ran the "Detect & Repair" utility from the Help menu, which has you put in the Office 2000 CD, but it made no difference. I'd like to be able to do some filtering & sorting of the task list in the Outlook Today view, just like you can in the standard Task window. I'd welcome any recommendations -- thank you. "Tim Cataldo" <tim@djconstruction.com> wrote in message news:19ea301c4...

Outlook Today display error
I am experiencing a recent display problem with Outlook 2000 in the folder Outlook Today. It does not occur in other Calendar folder. Each day in calendar column, one all-day-event appears as the last event on the previous day's display and if that event is deleted, another event shifts up. Thus, an all-day-event booked Saturday, appears on Friday after the time-scheduled appointments, and similarly Mother's Day (from the holidays file) appears last on Saturday instead of Sunday. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Today at Startup
Hi, I would like to have 'Outlook Today' as my Outlook startup page. Asfter consulting the help pages, I found I needed to click on the 'Customize Outlook Today....' button at the top right of the Outlook Today page but it doesnt work! It just highlights when I click on it and nothing else happens! Can anyone help me? Also, is it possible to get newsgroups in Outlook instead of Outlook Express? Thanks in advance, Phil radioheadboy, you wrote on Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:40:54 -0000: > I would like to have 'Outlook Today' as my Outlook startup page. Tools | ...

Outlook today in Outlook 2007
I can no longer "find" outlook today to put on my navigation pane, so that I can have outlook today be my start up page when I start Outlook. In my 2003 verison I had it. I have the to do bar, which seems to have take it's place. However, none of my permanent items that I have in my calendar, like birthdays, show up on the to do bar. They did show up in Outlook 2003 on the Outlook today page. Click the top of your folder tree to display Outlook Today. "doublemochalover" <doublemochalover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FFFFE2A-024C-4B11-8...

Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded to Office/Outlook 2003 and have two questions: 1) I have attempted to customize Outlook Today in Outlook 2003 from 3 column Standard to 2 column Standard (or any other option). After I hit save it changes the look, but once I click into my Inbox (or other part of Outlook) and then return to Outlook Today it is changed back to 3 column. 2) My Outlook Today page is also missing a graphic which usually resides to the left of the date (the graphic is now replaced with a box with a red "x" in it). Thanks for your help in advance. Tom The DLL file that co...

Outlook Today in Outlook 2003
Is Outlook Today in Outlook 2003? I can't find a way to access it. Click on the very top level of your mailbox tree. Should say something like... "Mailbox - Your Name Here" >-----Original Message----- >Is Outlook Today in Outlook 2003? I can't find a way to >access it. >. > there is a toolbar button on the advanced toolbar or click on the top of your message store. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone h...

outlook 2007
Have had a hard time configuring fonts in Outlook 2007 but have done all but the ones in Outlook Today -- They are way too small. Is there a way to make the fonts larger?? regards Sal "Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E6C9BE-E2F9-4D39-AD78-76F6957724B5@microsoft.com... > Have had a hard time configuring fonts in Outlook 2007 but have done all but > the ones in Outlook Today -- They are way too small. Is there a way to make > the fonts larger?? Only by writing your own Outlook Today page. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook...

Customize Outlook Today #6
Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 and Office 2000 my Customize Outlook Today will not work. The button will highlight, but nothing will happen. So far our IT Administrators have recommended to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried this, but even without the new updates the option is no longer available. Any suggestions/advice? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Ken Myers" <ken.myers@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:0ae901c355d9$b2ca6a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 an...

Customize Outlook Today does not work in Outlook 2000
For some reason when I click on Outlook Today and try to Customize the settings in Outlook 2000 the button simply blinks and nothing happens??? Is there a way around this? Has anyone experienced this in O2K? Is there any way to customize the Outlook Today screen easily if this is not possible? Thanks very much I have the same problem and have not been able to find a solution. If anyone has any help it would be appreciated. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >For some reason when I click on Outlook Today and try to >Customize the settings in Outlook 2000 the button simply &g...

Outlook 2002 invalid message section of Outlook Today
Outlook 2002 SP-2 on Windows XP Pro In the Messages section of Outlook Today I have three lines saying Outlook Today and one line saying Inbox. There are no counts associated with any of these lines. If I click on Customize Outlook Today > Choose Folders. the only check box that is checked is Outlook Today. I then uncheck that box and check Inbox, OK and Save Changes. The Outlook Today screen is unchanged. -- -Jim 540i6 <b540i6@satx.rr.com> wrote: > Outlook 2002 SP-2 on Windows XP Pro > > > > In the Messages section of Outlook Today I have three lines sayi...

"Customize Outlook Today" for Outlook 2000
After reinstalling Office 2000, and then clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" icon in Outlook, I get no response. Have tried a reinstall of the Outlook compontent of Office suite and the "Detedt and Repair" feature of Outlook. Neither works. Any thoughts about how to fix this problem? I'm having same same problem after sp3 install on 4 machines, haven't figured out yet. See the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Google search on "Cannot customize Outlook Today" gives 13,000 hits. Sheesh. &qu...

Outlook 2003 / Clock gif missing in Outlook Today View
After I installed Office 2003, my Outlook Today bar is missing the clock.gif (outlook icon). I also cannot change the styles in the customize settings. The following MSKB article was written for Outlook 2002 but it should work for Outlook 2003 as well. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305970&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a5801c3b91d$2ba723f0$a001280a@phx.gbl, John C. wrote: > After I installed Of...

Multiple Calendars appearing on Outlook Today
I have a separate calendar for my uni studies to my default calendar. How do I get the uni calendar details to appear on Outlook Today with my default calendar details? "Matt Dunne" <Matt Dunne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AB219B9-1B8B-4475-B625-08B072C43E9D@microsoft.com... >I have a separate calendar for my uni studies to my default calendar. > > How do I get the uni calendar details to appear on Outlook Today with my > default calendar details? You'll need to write your own Outlook Today web page. -- Brian Tillman [M...

Cross-post with outlook.general, re "Script Error
Office OL 2007 Internet Explorer 7 This morning I began to experience a problem every time I switch to the Outlook Today page: "Internet Explorer Script Error -- An error has occurred in the script on this page -- Line 298, Char 1, Error: Class not registered, Code: 0, URL: outlook:today." This happens every time I switch to Outlook Today, and began (suspiciously) after I installed MS Expression Web Designer. Of course, I already tried re-booting, but no help. Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller Windermere Press, September 2007 www.KenIsaacson.co...

Outlook- Customize Outlook today
Hello, After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? Jeff This may help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08d501c3b28e$fd373620$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to > use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I > get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? > &...

Outlook does not start in Outlook Today folder
I am running Outlook 2002 SP2 on Windows XP and I am having problems getting Outlook to open in my Outlook Today folder. I have selected the options under Advanced to start in Outlook Today, but it starts in Inbox no matter what. I have tried to modify the shortcut to Start In: ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 \Outlook.exe" /select outlook:today" This seems to work, but using the Email link under the Windows XP Start Menu options I do not know how to get this to work. Any help? Jeremiah Traxler Houston, TX That's because the Start Menu shortcut i...

Outlook Today Calendar
Greetings Folks I am in search of some help displaying a group calendar on Outlook Today. I've got a group calendar folder right under the default Calendar. Also I am able to change the OUTLWVW.DLL file from <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar"> </OBJECT> to <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar\Group Calendar"> </OBJECT> ...

Outlook 98
I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system (SP6a - Hi Enc). I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today displays. I am a Local and a Domain Administrator. However, my colleague (who has exactly the same permissions as me and using the same environment - same image) cannot. He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing happens. He cannot modify the way Outlook Today displays. I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where this option is enabled/disab...

Erroe in Outlook Today
When I enter the Outlook Today screen I get an error message as follows: The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both MS Office (XP PRO) and Outlook 2002 by itself and cannot resolve this. The problem occurred after doing an automatic update through microsoft, after which I had to reinstall WINDOWS XP. HELP !! Mike P Bump >-----Original Message----- >When I enter the Outlook Today screen I get an error >message as follows: > >The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be l...

Outlook 2002-Outlook Today
On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one day before the date set in the tasks page. Any ideas? Possible the system date/time is off, not by a day even. the AM/PM could be off? Ken "Garry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104c01c3fb7d$0ddbfab0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one > day before the date set in the tasks page. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply. The system date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if is set to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the system ...