outlook attachment problem #3

Dear all,

Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year.
Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf &
xls.
Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem.
We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls
file is blank sheet.
We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show
the file size is 0 kb.
We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no
problem.
This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the pc
using outlook 03 is no problem.
Thanks a lot.

KenL

0
goukilee (24)

Are you using client side antivirus scanners integrated with outlook?
Disable them.
Does it work if you use classic (non-cached) mode?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year.
> Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf &
> xls.
> Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem.
> We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls
> file is blank sheet.
> We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show
> the file size is 0 kb.
> We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no
> problem.
> This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the
> pc using outlook 03 is no problem.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> KenL

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/13/2009 12:51:52 PM
Great! It's work. Thanks a lot, Diane.
Because our office upgraded to Symantec endpoint protection last month, so I
select the specifically extension file in the outlook protection.
But why my outlook 07 cannot be able to open attachment directly in email
after I updated the latest service patch, I have to save it as desktop
first.
Thanks.

KenL

> Are you using client side antivirus scanners integrated with outlook?
> Disable them.
> Does it work if you use classic (non-cached) mode?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year.
>> Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf &
>> xls.
>> Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem.
>> We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls
>> file is blank sheet.
>> We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show
>> the file size is 0 kb.
>> We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no
>> problem.
>> This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the
>> pc using outlook 03 is no problem.
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> KenL

0
goukilee (24)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Receiveng garbage instead of mail text or attachments in OL2003
I have Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro box. A friend has Outlook 2003 in a Windows Vista Business box. I ONLY send mail in text form (Ido not use HTML or Outllok Rich text format). He gets my mails in raw form (Spanish Outlook both): ********************** -----Mensaje original----- De: xxxxxx [mailto:xxx@xxxxx] Enviado el: martes, 10 de febrero de 2009 12:03 p.m. Asunto: Desacople del Generador Return-Path: <xxxxxx@xxxxxx> Delivered-To: wwwwwwwww@xxxxxx Received: (qmail 44010 invoked by uid 88); 10 Feb 2009 14:24:44 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXX) (xx.xx.xx.xx) by XXXXXXXXX wit...

gridlines in outlook?

attachment formats
Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in the body of the message in the format of <<filename.doc>>. The attachment also appears at the bottom of the message as an icon. How is the format of enclosing the filename within these tags accomplished? thanks, Rick ...

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me). For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too common and not related to a specific site or sites. So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't want t...

can't create rules in outlook

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

outlook and links in emails

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Outlook 2007